No Matter Where You Are, You Are My Best Place

Hello, You

Jinki gave the driver directions to his apartment and the driver acknowledged them and turned around, going in the direction of Onew’s dwelling. Onew looked worriedly over to you, as you softly whimpered nothing but his name.
    “It’s okay…it’s okay…just hang in there.” Onew lay you across his lap. He looked down at you, and kept checking your forehead, as you broke out into a sweat.
    “It’s okay…I’ll take good care of you…” Jinki felt you growing warmer and warmer.
    “This is bad…” He thought as he decided to remove your jacket, “Hang in there…” Jinki kept saying to you. Onew grabbed one of your hands and held on to it. He looked into your sweat streaked face and felt sincerely concerned about you.
    “Aish, how can I cool her down a bit more…?” Jinki asked himself. Onew rolled down the window, letting some refreshing air inside. He watched as the breeze danced across your face, playing gently with your hair.
    “You’re so…pretty~” Jinki sang to you, now making up a song. The song you heard in your mind soon drifted away like a fleeting dream, and then, suddenly you felt a chill wash through your body. Something very cold was making you shiver. A few minutes later you awoke to a bright light shining on your face. Your eyesight went hazy as you looked to your left and saw an open window.
    “Where…am I…?” You asked yourself, realizing you were in someone else’s bed.
    “What…” You sat right up as an icepack fell from your forehead onto your lap.
    “Where…” You looked around, panicking, “Whose bed is this and why am I in it? What happened…?” You kept asking yourself. You surveyed the room a bit more. It was a very lavish room. There was a huge flat screen television mounted on the wall in front of you and the bed you were in was at least a king sized bed. The walls were decorated in tasteful paintings and there was a sweet fragrance that filled the area. The room was quaint and spacious and also very comfortable and well kept.
    “Is this…”
    “Oh, I see you’re awake. I’m relieved.” A very alluring voice said to you from the right. You looked in the direction of the voice and realized whose house you were in. The figure of a man approached you, until it was very near. You looked up,
    “Jin…” You began to mutter.
    “Hush…” Jinki said to you, placing one finger over your lips, “Drink, drink.” Jinki handed you a glass of water. You had no choice but to gulp the water down.
    “Oh, your ice pack.” Jinki grabbed the ice pack and placed it on your forehead, holding it in place, “Do you feel a bit better?” Onew asked with a worried tone of voice.
    “Mm, a little…” You drank about half of the glass of water and placed it on the nightstand beside the bed.
    “That’s good. Let’s take your temperature now.” Jinki said reaching for the thermometer on the nightstand. He swiftly placed it underneath your tongue before you could even say anything.
    “Give it a few seconds…it takes a while to get the results. Now keep this under your tongue. I’ll be back in a minute.” Jinki removed the icepack and let you hold it. He made his exit as you sat there with a thermometer in your mouth, feeling terribly hot.
    “Aish, why is it so hot…?” You thought miserably to yourself. Surely enough, Jinki returned and your thermometer began to beep.
    “Ah, just in time…” Jinki said, handing you a towel and a washcloth. You looked up at him, confused. Jinki removed the thermometer and examined it.
    “Aigoo, your fever is still very high, as I expected.”
    “What are the towels and stuff for?”
    “Oh, since you’re feeling warm, I filled the bath for you. You can take a nice cold bath.” Onew nodded, eyes gleaming.
    “What?! A nice cold bath?!” Even though you were burning hot, you shivered at the thought of a freezing bath.
    “Yup. I added some bubbles in there too.” Jinki said, laughing to himself.
    “Would a cold bath really…help?” You inquired skeptically.
    “I’m sure.” Jinki reassured you.
    “You’re…so kind…I don’t know how to thank you for all of this…” You looked down, ashamed.
    “No need to worry. As long as you’re thankful.” Jinki teased, ruffling your hair. You felt like Jinki was a kind father, reaching out to help a daughter in trouble. You felt very close to him although you had just met him.
    “Why does he make me feel so at home?” You asked yourself, while his pearly whites were practically blinding you.
    “Ready to get in the bath?” Jinki asked suddenly.
    “Wait…can--can I ask you something…?” You stuttered. Onew nodded in affirmation.
    “Sure.”
    “Why are you doing…all of this for me?” You worried a bit about the response.
    “Why wouldn’t I do this? I care about people. I like to help people. It’s my responsibility as a leader. When you fell ill, I worried a lot…you remind me of a little sister I never had.” Jinki expressed his tenderness toward you, but you were a bit disappointed with the answer.
    “Oh, so he thinks of me as a little sister…and he worries about everyone, so I’m no one special really…why did I even get my hopes up? Why did I even consider that he would have feelings for me…? I’m such a fool.” You sighed, but smiled shortly after, hiding your slight dismay.
    “Thank you, Jinki…thank you for worrying about me…thank you for being such a kind person." You said to him as you thought,  "Thanks for being…my best place.