What Do You Think of Me?

Hello, You

 

For some reason, Jinki always took you by surprise.
“Oh…oh is that so?” You asked him, still slightly taken aback, “Well, I’m glad I met you as well…I mean you have no idea how happy I am to have gotten to know you personally. I’ve only dreamed of meeting you one day and it actually happened…it’s amazing really.”
“It’s strange though how not once have you asked me for an autograph or anything.” He chuckled.
“Well, it’s kind of like…I think of you as more than just an idol…”
“Hm? Then what do you think of me?”
“Well, it’s kind of complicated and if I told you, you’d probably think I’m…well I don’t know…” The two of you reached the front gate at the end of the path and Jinki pressed a button on his keys to unlock the trunk and the doors of the car. The conversation continued as he began putting your things in the trunk.
“Oh, you don’t have to tell me then if you feel uncomfortable with it. I understand since we’ve known each other for only a day. I mean I wouldn’t expect you to trust me fully.” Jinki smiled and closed the trunk.
“No, but I want to tell you, I really do want to tell you what I think of you, but…first…what do you think of me?” You asked him, kind of nervous about the answer in return.
“Oh ho ho… turning the tables are we?” Jinki laughed.
“Well, I’m kind of a coward so I was hoping you’d tell me first, heh.” You told him, scratching the back of your head.
“Well, I know we’ve only known each other for about a day now, but I feel like I know a lot about you, well a lot more than others would know about people they’ve just met, and to be honest I’ve grown very fond of you.”
“Oh really now…” You snickered underneath your breath, “This sounds like it’s going in the right direction.” You thought to yourself, “Just any moment and he’ll totally confess to me…”
“So, I wanted to let you know that…” Jinki continued, sounding more and more hesitant with each word he spoke.”
“Hm?” You pestered him.
“I wanna tell you that…I see you as…”
“Yes?”
“A good friend.”
“Oh…”
“Oh? Does that not please you?” Jinki asked in a concerned manner.
“Oh, no of course not, because that’s exactly the way I feel about you.” You smiled at him, hiding your slight disappointment in not being able to fully portray your feelings toward him.
“Really? That makes me really happy, I’m glad we can accept each other as friends so soon. It’s a great feeling.” It’s not like you were lying straight to his face because you did view him as a good friend and a great friend at that, but you also had excess feelings for him. Feelings that had to be put to the side for now. 
“Shall we go now?” Jinki asked.
“Yup. Let’s go…buddy.” The two of you smiled at each other and Jinki politely opened the door for you and you got inside, thanked him and he closed it. He got in the car as well, fastened his seatbelt, put the key in the ignition and the two of you were on your way. 
“Where was your hotel again?” Jinki asked.
“Oh, here’s the address, hopefully this helps.” You took out a crumpled piece of paper from your small handbag and handed it over to Jinki.
“Hm, I know my way around Seoul so this shouldn’t be hard to find at all.” Jinki told you confidently. Moments into the drive, Jinki noticed you were quiet and looking out of the window.
“I don’t mean to pry, but are you alright?” He asked, looking over to you.
“Oh, yeah I’m okay…why?”
“Oh, no reason, you just looked down is all. You tired?”
“Mm.”
“Oh I see, well…we’ll be there in no time, so you can go to sleep soon, I promise.”
“Thank you.”
“Oh, it’s no big deal.”
“No, really…thank you…for everything…”
“Yeah…heh…you’re welcome.” Jinki shyly replied. You must’ve dozed off a bit, because when you opened your eyes, you were in front of your hotel building.
“Rise and shine, sleepy head.” Jinki pat your back lightly, letting you know that he had arrived at your destination.
“Mm.” You sat up sleepily as Jinki exited the vehicle to retrieve your luggage in the trunk.
“We’re here already?” You asked yourself while getting out of the car. You heard a thump and saw Jinki bring your belongings to you.
“Wow, you sure are fast, aren’t you?” You asked him with a smile.
“Well, you only have one suitcase so it’s no big deal, heh.” He smiled back at you, “Well, shall we?” The two of you entered the hotel lobby after instructing the valet man to park Jinki’s car. The hotel was very modern, very basic, very normal looking, tidy and affordable. The perfect place for any person to stay who didn’t have enough money to stay at the hotel down the street, which was a 5-star luxury hotel. You checked into the front desk and the man behind the desk gave you the key to your room. After making your way across the lobby, the two of you entered an elevator and stood side by side waiting for the elevator to reach your floor. Your glances met occasionally, but you both had nothing to say for each other. There was a sort of sadness in the air. You both knew you had to say your goodbyes soon.