Uneasiness

Hello, You

 

You asked yourself whether you should join Jinki back in the kitchen or just stay in the living room until he returns. You decided to just stay put. You didn’t want things to get any more awkward than they already were. You were feeling just a bit tired and decided to take a little nap. About an hour later you were woken by a soothing call.
“Dinner~” You heard from a distance. You sat up and sniffed the air. It smelled simply delicious. You excitedly hurried toward the kitchen. On your way over, you spotted the dining room and the table set with plates, bowls and silverware for two people. 
“I feel bad I didn’t help set up.” You thought, continuing to the kitchen. You spotted Jinki in the kitchen, grabbing the food and moving it to the dining room.
“Oh, lemme help with that.” You rushed over to assist him and your eyes met in the process. Jinki almost immediately looked away and let you grab a pot of food and move it over to the dining room.
“Jeez, he sure is acting weird…could it be…oh god…” You had forgotten about the ‘ incident’ until just now. You bit your lip and tried to erase it from memory. Once dinner was on the table and you two were just about to dig in, the tension began set in.
“Could you…pass the…uh…” You tried asking Jinki but turned into a stuttering mess. Jinki took a break from drinking his water to ask what it was you needed.
“Never mind, I’ll just get it myself.” You reached over the table to try to get to the soy sauce and ended up knocking it over.
“Wow, as if my luck couldn’t get any worse.” You thought as you bit your tongue.
“Ah, lemme help you with that.” Jinki told you, eyes still avoiding yours. You put a couple of napkins over the spilled liquid and patted it down a bit.
“No, no it’s okay, I’ll clean it up.” You told him.
“No, I insist.” Jinki rose from his seat and bent forward over the table. You didn’t realize how close Jinki was to you, for you were too wrapped up in cleaning up the mess on the table. You then turned your head to ask Jinki for some more napkins but ended up bumping lips with him. The two of you stood there, completely flabbergasted, lips pressed against one another with eye contact so intense, it could kill. Frozen the two of you were, too stunned to even move from this position. After a few seconds of this dazed state, you broke the clumsy kiss and realized that nothing you could do could hide your rosy cheeks. Jinki blinked and cleared his throat, looking everywhere now except for at you. The two of you remained silent for a while and didn’t really know what to do. You decided to speak up after awhile.
“I…um…”
“Sorry…” Jinki said to you.
“Wha…what are you sorry for?”
“It was my…fault…and I shouldn’t have…gotten…so close…I…”
“No, it’s okay…really…I’m sorry for spilling soy sauce on your table…”
“No, it’s no big deal really…don’t stress over it…um…so…” Jinki looked at you finally, “Aish, why is my heart beating so fast right now?” 
“Now that you mention it…mine…is too…I guess it’s just…”
“Do you think…”
“Hm?”
“Oh, nothing…let’s just finish eating so I can get you home soon, hm?”
“Yeah…” You agreed shyly and sat back down at the table, face still red as a street light. The two of you tried to act like nothing had happened just then and continued to eat. Moments later, both of you had finished your meals and were very full. You helped Jinki clean up and put everything away. After this, you finished packing up your belongings like you had planned and waited by the door for Jinki. After moments of waiting, he ran toward you with a smile. 
“Sorry I took awhile, I was trying to find my car keys, heh.” You smiled at the forgetful man as he took your luggage and opened the door for you to exit. You walked down the long pathway, Jinki behind you and in the distance you could see a shiny (shinee) convertible, parked in the front.
“Oh wow Jinki, if you had a nice car like this the whole time, why were you even at the train station earlier?” You inquired.
“Sometimes I get scared of wrecking my car, heh. Korea can be kind of crazy when it comes to driving, y’know? So sometimes, I’ll take a taxi to lessen my chances of my car getting into an accident.”
“You are so weird.”
“Is it really that weird?”
“Kinda…”
“Even if it is weird, I’m glad that I did end up at the train station today.”
“And why’s that?” 
“Because I met you.”