The Reality You Wanted

Hello, You

 

Jinki lightly caressed the keys with his delicate fingers before playing a sweet melody, a melody you were very familiar with, a song called, “The Name I Loved”. You closed your eyes whilst being engulfed in musical bliss and felt yourself become enshrouded in goose bumps. Jinki’s voice was truly heaven and could be described no different at this moment, because it was in fact heaven on earth. You softly hummed along to the familiar song and swayed back and forth, eyes remained closed, completely entranced, just taking in the sunlight that shown faintly through the window. When the song was over, you opened your eyes to see Jinki brightly beaming toward you as if to request some feedback on how he did.
“That…that was…” You began to blush without even realizing it.
“You look a bit flustered, was it that bad?” Jinki asked you.
“No, no, of course not, it was anything but bad, it was amazing…I don’t know what to say…your voice is…so…beautiful…” You looked toward your feet.
“You’re so cute.” Jinki chuckled and rose from his seat.
“I…” You began to quiver. Jinki placed his hand gently on your head and patted it.
“Are you ready to go home now?” He asked you suddenly.
“Hm? What? Already? I mean…yeah…” You kept your gaze toward the floor.
“You look disappointed. Did you want to stay with me forever?” Jinki joked.
“…Heh, it’s nothing like that, I’ll go get my stuff.” You quickly left the room, blushing like crazy. Back into the bedroom you went, collecting all of your things and then realizing you were still wearing Jinki’s clothes.
“Ah well, I‘m sure he wouldn‘t mind.” You thought to yourself.
“Are you really leaving already?” Jinki suddenly entered the room to ask.
“Mm. Didn’t you want me to leave?”
“I just asked if you were ready to leave is all. I mean you might as well stay until I make you some dinner or something.” Jinki smiled at you again. Every time he smiled at you, your heart went uncontrollably wild. It was like one those unforgettable smiles, one that was stuck in your mind.
“So how about it?” He asked you.
“Mm. I’d like that.” You smiled back at him, tucking your hair behind your ear. Jinki nodded and left the room to go prepare dinner.
“Wow, Jinki is going to cook for me. A man is cooking for me. Is this real life?” You pinched yourself stupidly and realized that this was reality, and was it the reality you wanted? Yes indeed.
“Wait a minute…I should help him cook, why am I just standing here like a ?” You asked yourself and bolted to the kitchen. Finding the kitchen was a bit of a challenge because of the size of his house and all of the doors and hallways and such, but nevertheless you found your man, well Jinki, happily chopping away at some onions while humming a tune. You didn’t want to intrude and interrupt his cooking but you couldn’t help yourself and entered the kitchen bashfully and made your presence known so that you did not startle him.
“Ahem.” You promptly cleared your throat. Jinki stopped all that he was doing and turned to see you standing there, blushing once more.
“You really need to learn how to control that.” Jinki chuckled.
“Control what?”
“You blush a lot.”
“I…” You covered your face in embarrassment.
“Don’t worry about it, it’s cute.”
“You’re always calling me cute, what am I to you, a puppy?”
“Hmm, you’re more like a cute little chicken.” 
“What?” You laughed, “Does that mean you’re going to eat me?”
“That depends, are you a tasty chicken? I have standards you know, I don’t eat just any kind of chicken.”
“Do you want to taste to see for yourself?” You paused and then realized what you just asked him, “I…didn’t mean anything by that…”
“It’s okay, I didn’t take it like that.” Jinki and you both started to crack up at how silly you both sounded.
“So, can I help you with the cooking?” You asked Jinki, looking over toward the stove.
“Of course, come here.” Jinki smirked and grabbed your hand and put a knife in your grasp, “I want you to chop these vegetables over here and over here…” Jinki directed to you exactly what he wanted done and you complied happily and chopped vegetables along with him. Time passed and everything was chopped and was placed into the pot and began to cook along with the meat and the broth. 
“Smells good.” You said to Jinki.
“Mhm, now all we have to do is wait. What should we do in the mean time?” Jinki asked you.
“Do you want to watch television or something? That’s how I always pass the time.” You told him.
“Oh okay. I’ll show you to the living room.” Jinki placed his hand in yours and led you out of the kitchen. You felt yourself blushing again and thought, “Oh god…not again.” Once in the living room, he sat you down on a huge, comfortable sofa and sat next to you. You looked around the living room in amazement. His whole house was just so luxurious, it was kind of ridiculous. 
“What are you so surprised at?” Jinki asked.
“Your house is so big and fancy, I feel dirt poor coming in here.” You admitted.
“Eh, don’t worry about it. It may be big and fancy but I’m still Lee Jinki.” He smiled.
“You are so cute.” You slipped up to say. You looked down again, attempting to hide your beet red face.
“Oh, so now you’re going to start calling me cute all the time?” He joked.
“Well since you said it so many times, I guess it kind of rubbed off on me.” You looked up again and smiled in his direction, the color of your cheeks dying down a bit.
“So let’s see what’s on television shall we?” Jinki then grabbed the remote that was placed on the coffee table and pressed the power button. A crystal clear image appeared on the flat screen television in front of you. A strange cartoon show was playing.
“Is this the kind of stuff you watch?” You asked him.
“Well, most of the time I don’t really watch TV, and when I do, I just watch whatever is on.”
“Good excuse.”
“What? Excuse? I’m serious.” Jinki smiled at you.
“Oh okay, mister ‘I watch weird cartoons‘.” You teased.
“Hey, well I bet you watch anime, and that’s pretty weird most of the time!” 
“Well, you’ve got a point there.” You laughed quietly to yourself and grabbed the remote from Jinki’s hand.
“Hey, that’s not very nice.” Jinki joked with you. You began to mindlessly flip through channels. Jinki just stared blankly at the television screen. A couple of channels later, a channel came up. You tried changing the channel but it seemed the remote had then died.
“Oh god, are you serious? Out of all the times for a damn remote to die, why now? Just my luck.” You thought to yourself while frantically opening the back of the remote to turn the batteries around as Jinki looked away from the screen, trying to act as if he showed no interest in the spectacle on the screen. You were fed up at trying to fix the batteries and just got up, went to the television and turned it off. You turned to see Jinki, looking at his watch.
“Oh, I…uh…I think dinner is ready.“ Jinki gulped.
“But, It’s been like 5 minutes, there’s no way it’s done.“ You told him.
Jinki quickly got up and went to the kitchen anyway. You stood there with a blank expression on your face, trying to comprehend what the hell had just happened. It was an awkward moment indeed.