Vanilla Love

Hello, You

Onew began to attempt to flag down a taxi. You stood there in a daze, trying to understand how slow one could be when it comes to a girl’s feelings. You smiled as Jinki desperately waved his arms, looking absolutely ridiculous. You ran toward his side and waved your arms along with him, so that Jinki wouldn’t look so out of place. The both of you jumped around like crazy people, shouting and waving at the oncoming taxis. One eventually began to slow down and stopped in front of you. The driver gestured for you to get into the taxi. Jinki asked the driver to pop open the trunk and he did, allowing Onew to put your luggage away. Once again, you two were in the back seat of a cab. The driver asked where to go and Jinki told him to go to the nearest yogurt shop. You giggled, looking down.
    “What? Do you not want yogurt?” Onew asked, chuckling.
    “Of course I want yogurt…because I like yogurt. I mean, who doesn’t like yogurt? Yogurt is so cute and friendly and so easy to get along with, I think anyone would enjoy eating yogurt…”
    “Wait…what?” Onew asked in confusion.
    “Oh, nothing…I just really like yogurt…” You kept thinking to yourself, “Silly Jinki…so silly…” The cab driver nodded and went to the nearest place that sold yogurt.
    “So, why do you like yogurt so much?” Onew asked, still puzzled at your sudden infatuation with the sweet treat.
    “Well…yogurt has been with me not too long, but I’m already attached to it. I really want to tell yogurt how I feel about it, but I can’t…I’m too shy with these kind of things…”
    “You want to tell…yogurt how you feel….” Onew put on a worried face, “Are you okay?”
    “No, I’m fine…I’m not as slow as some…” You said, trying to hint to Jinki.
    “It must be the jet lag or something…I mean it does take a while on the plane to get here…how about you just rest or something…”
    “No, no. I’m fine…” You folded your arms, a bit annoyed that Jinki was still not taking a hint. You thought his innocence was cute though and you secretly smiled underneath your annoyance.
    “Did I do something wrong?” Jinki asked, concerned.
    “No--no, it’s not that!” You looked over at Jinki, trying to convince him, “Now that I think about it, I am a bit tired…” You fake yawned and then pretended to doze off a bit. Jinki gazed at your sleeping face and slowly placed your head on his shoulder, allowing you to have somewhere to lay your drowsy head. Your eyes widened as Jinki placed his hand on the top of your head, it. He slowly pet you like some kind of animal, as he began to sing you a lullaby.
    “Oh. My. God.” You thought to yourself, “Is this real life?” Jinki’s sweet singing voice sounded like the heavens had just opened up and angels were slowly fluttering around your head. You began to tremble, as his delicate voice was just too much for you to bear. You felt a fan girl squeal coming on, but quickly subdued it, as you wanted to appear asleep.
    “Cause I love you…I need you~” You heard Jinki sing in your ear.
    “Vanilla Love…” You thought, “I love this song. I can’t believe he’s singing this to me…I can’t believe…I feel…” You began to feel weary, and eventually fainted. So now it seemed like you were actually sleeping, while Jinki combed through your hair with his fingers. Jinki began to slowly realize how much he was fond of you. He would occasionally look down to see your soft expression and would smile and continue to sing. You however, were out like a light. You may have fainted, but in your dream like state, you could still hear Jinki’s sweet melody caressing your ear drums. You began to mutter unknowingly,
    “Jin…Ki…” Onew looked down at you.
    “Huh?”
    “…Jinki…”
    “Are you okay?” Onew lightly nudged you, trying to get your attention. You wouldn’t budge, but you kept muttering his name. Jinki began to shake you, but you were still unresponsive. He started to worry and placed his hand on your forehead. You had a fever. Jinki panicked.
    “Driver, can you change the route?” Jinki inquired with a prominent shaking in his voice.
    “Uh, yeah…but I’m going to have to charge you extra…”
    “Sure, sure that’s fine. Just please…”
    “Where to?” The cab driver asked.
    “My house…”