Farewell

Hello, You

credit: http://heartamplifier.tumblr.com/post/8672778974

“I…” Jinki suddenly choked up.
“Hm?” You looked toward him.
“It’s…just…I can’t believe we’ve been through this much in a day.”
“Yeah, it was like a mini adventure.”
“I had fun, to say the least.”
“I, as well.”
“But…” Jinki hesitated.
“Hm?” The elevator made a ‘ding’ noise, interrupting the conversation to notify you both that you had reached the correct floor. Jinki shrugged, as if to signal that what he was going to say wasn’t important anyway. The two of you exited and made your way down an almost endless hallway, you looked at all the mini signs by the room doors, looking for room 438.
“Aigoo, where could this room be?” You helplessly asked yourself.
“Ah, there.” Jinki promptly pointed to a door, with a mini sign next to it reading, ‘438’,
“Oh, why didn’t I see that?” You laughed to yourself. You used the key to get into your room, which was a little card you just inserted into the door to receive access to the room. You opened the door, taking a glimpse inside the hotel room and then turned to see Jinki. He was looking at you as if he wanted to say something.
“Is there something wrong?” You asked.
“I…guess this is goodbye then…” Jinki told you with sad eyes.
“Mm. I guess it really is…”
“Will we ever see each other again?” He asked eagerly.
“Of course…it depends on how busy your schedule is and stuff…and I’m only in Korea for a few weeks…so…”
“Oh yeah, huh…” Jinki appeared to be disappointed.
“But, if you’re up to it, we can hang out everyday.”
“Really?”
“Of course. How about we exchange phone numbers?” You asked without hesitation.
“That’s a great idea…but just one thing.”
“What?”
“You cannot tell anyone that you have my phone number, they’d have a fit.” Jinki chuckled.
“Hm, that would be brag worthy…I can just imagine my friend’s faces when I return to America with Onew from SHINee’s phone number…oh that would be something…heh.”
“Um, just what are you thinking about?” Jinki asked with a smirk.
“Oh, nothing. Just give me your number and I’ll give you mine.”
“Promise me you won’t give it to anyone else.”
“Why would I? I promise.” You said to him. Jinki held out his pinky.
“Pinky promise?” He proposed with a smile.
“Okay…pinky promise.” You wrapped your pinky around his and your promise was made. Jinki reached into his pocket and pulled out a very stylish looking phone. You then felt embarrassed about your phone, because it was just a crappy flip phone you had for about three years now. You sighed and pulled out your phone from your mini handbag you were carrying and went to create a new contact. Jinki did the same.
“Alright, what’s your number?” He asked you. You told him and he entered it, saving the contact.
“Alright, so what’s your number?” You asked fervently.
“Hold on.” Jinki then pressed a button and waited a few seconds. You looked confused and was trying to figure out what he was doing. Suddenly, your phone began to ring. “Your Name” by SHINee began to play and you quickly went to check who was calling. Jinki smiled.
“You know I wrote the lyrics for this song, right?” Jinki boasted a bit.
“Yeah, it’s my favorite song by you guys…” You smiled and looked down at your phone. A number that wasn’t registered in your phone showed on the screen.
“So, I’m assuming this is your number.”
“Mhm.” Jinki confirmed. You answered the phone jokingly.
“Hello?” You said through the phone. You could slightly hear your voice coming from Jinki’s phone. Jinki put his ear to his phone.
“Hey, let’s make sure to hang out as much as we can before you go back to America.” He said through the phone.
“You really mean it?”
“Of course.”
“Where do you want to go then?”
“Well, first we should go somewhere simple, maybe a little restaurant. I’d like to take you to my favorite place to eat.”
“That sounds lovely.”
“Then, I want to take you to the water park.”
“It’s almost winter Jinki.”
“I know that, I was just kidding…maybe.”
“You are such a dork.”
“Hey.”
“Hm?”
“Can I ask you something?”
“Sure…”
“Do you have a crush on me?” Your heart stopped for a split second. You wondered where that question could’ve possibly come from. You weren’t making it obvious were you?
“Wha…I…I…” You stumbled through your words.
“I was just kidding, no need to get so worked up over it.”
“Dammit, Jinki. You gave me a damn fright.” You thought to yourself as you hung up the phone, “Jinki, why do you like asking random questions?”
“Well, it wasn’t really random…to be honest I was hoping you’d say yes.” Jinki hung up his phone as well and slid it back into his pocket.
“Huh, why?”
“Oh no reason…never mind.” Jinki winked at you.
“Are you teasing me?”
“I don’t know…am I?” Jinki smirked.
“Are you flirting with me?”
“I don’t know…am I?”
“Jinki…I…”
“You really do have a crush on me don’t you?”
“Wha…I…”
“You are so cute.” Jinki laughed and patted your head, “I’m only teasing, okay? Seeing your adorable reactions is funny.”
“Oh, so you think it’s funny to toy around with my feelings?” You asked in a joking manner.
“No, no it’s nothing like that. It’s more like, I’m comfortable enough with you to mess around with you, but if you’re not comfortable with it, I’ll stop.”
“No, no…it’s okay…I’m fine with it. We’re friends.” You smiled.
“I’m glad to hear that…” He smiled warmly back at you, “Oh shoot, what time is it?” Jinki went to check his watch, “Man…it’s 11:45pm, I should get going. I have a busy schedule tomorrow.”
“Oh, I understand.”
“I promise to come see you again, okay?”
“Okay.” You began to tear up a bit.
“Are you going to be alright?” Jinki asked you with concerned eyes.
“Mhm…I think so…” You tried to hide your tears, but one ended up slipping.
“Are you…crying?”
“No…” You sniffed and wiped away the stray tear.
“Are you that fond of me?” He asked.
“It seems so, huh…I can’t help it really. I mean, who wouldn’t be fond of someone like you?” You looked away and tried to not look into his eyes.
“You’re too kind…really…”
“Jinki…”
“Hm?”
“Thank you so much.”
“It’s no big deal, I should be the one thanking you.”
“For what?”
“You put fun back into my everyday life. Lately it’s always schedule, schedule, schedule…it gets so tiring sometimes. It was refreshing to just have a new friend to hang out with and talk to. I think that’s what I needed.”
“Don’t you have SHINee though?”
“Oh of course, those are friends that I see everyday you know? But there was just something so nice about making a new friend. I’m not able to make many new friends because they usually end up just wanting to use my fame as a way to make themselves more popular. It’s sad really. I’m glad you’re not like that, or at least I believe you aren’t.”
“I would never use you like that…never.”
“I believe you…” Jinki smiled, but it was such a sad smile, “I really need to go now…”
“I understand. We’ll see each other again, don’t be so down.”
“You either…don’t cry…” 
“I’ll stay strong for you, okay?”
“Pinky promise?” Jinki held out his pinky again, “Pinky promise me you won’t cry anymore.”
“Pinky promise.” You then made another promise to each other.
“Well…this is officially good bye.” Jinki said to you.
“I had a great time…”
“Same.”
“Goodbye…”
“Bye…” Jinki said to you as he turned to walk down the hallway again. You watched him walk away and as you promised to him, did not cry, for you knew you’d see him again. Jinki was about halfway down the hall when he suddenly turned back around and came running toward you.
“What is he…doing…” You thought to yourself. There he was, rushing toward you and once he got to you, he embraced you.
“I’ve been meaning to do this for a while now…” You heard his delicate voice in your ear.
“Jinki…I…” Jinki squeezed you tighter, not wanting to let go.
“Sorry for startling you, but…”
“No, it’s okay…” You rested your head on his shoulder. He was so warm and he smelled so nice, you wanted to stay this way forever but Jinki eventually broke the hug. Jinki observed your face.
“You’re blushing again.” Jinki smiled and you covered your face, hiding your cheeks. Jinki departed once more and waved while walking backwards, almost crashing into a cart of cleaning supplies that was placed in the hallway.
“Whatever he does, it’s Onew condition…”