009

Tigress
 


 
 
We both decided to head out to our favorite arcade and I texted the guys so they wouldn't think I disappeared or died.  "Are you listening?" Jamie asked.  I had been walking with her, but I kept on spacing out while thinking about what happened the night before.  "Yeah, I'm fine." I said, giving her a reassuring smile.  "If you're tired, we can go back.  Did you have an exciting night yesterday?" She asked as she nudged my shoulder, putting emphasis on exciting.  "Yah, what are you trying to say?" I asked her.  "Nothing~." She said.  We laughed and then we continued on to the arcade.  
 
While we were walking I was starting to get a really bad headache and Jamie was starting.  "Are you sure you're okay?" She asked.  We had just got to the arcade and we were walking around inside.  It was crowded and hot inside while we manuvered our way around to our favorite motorcycle race game.  "Yeah, I just have a little headache." I said.  "Did you drink after I left?!" She asked in shock.  "Aniiiii! You know I hate alcohol." I said.  "True, did you eat something weird?" She asked.  "No, its just a little headache." I said.  "You're starting to sound like my mom." I added.  She just looked at me with a blank face after I said she was acting like a mom.  "Come on, the game just opened up." She said excitedly and then she pulled me towards the game.  We played a few rounds and then we headed over to a nearby cafe.  "You look pale Songmi...." Jamie said while we were sitting inside the cozy cafe, waiting for our drinks and pastries.  "Really?" I asked.  "Yeah, you look two shades paler than you were when we left your house, should we head back now?" She asked in a truly concerned face.  "After we get our food we can go." I said.  She nodded with a small smile and then we waited a little bit longer.   
 
 
~Back at home while they were gone~
 
"Have any of you seen Daeun?" Hoya asked as he checked up on EXO again.  "No, not since this morning." Suho said.  "Where is that girl.  She wanted an explination and now she's going to get one, but she's not even here.  What would she do if she changed in front of the public?" Hoya went on and on about what would happen.  Suddenly EXO all got a text from Daeun.  "She's heading to the arcade." Kris said and Hoya calmed down a little bit.  "Let's go get her then." He said.  "Don't you think we should wait a little bit.  She was having a hard time last night and I don't think she's feeling any better today.  She could be feeling the before effects of the Change phase already." Baekhyun said.  "That's why we have to go find her, we don't want her passing out on the streets do we?" Xiumin said.  "True, but we should let her have some time outdoors before we have your dad tell her about everything." Sehun said to Hoya.  Hoya sighed and agreed, even though he had a feeling that she should be at home instead of outside where she was practically setting herself up for disaster.  
 
 
Daeun's POV again~
 
We decided to take a cab back to the house since it was getting harder for me to walk.  When we got home, Jamie helped me inside and the guys who were now completely healed(.... I'm not going to say anything), helped me when they heard the door open.  Jamie got a text from her parents saying she had to be somewhere.  "Make sure to help her get rid of that fever or whatever it is she caught." Jamie said to Hoya as he walked her to the door.  "We'll make sure to tell you about her condition once in a while so don't worry." He said and then he ruffled her hair, making her cheeks turn a light pink.  I was starting to feel a little bit normal again after I got back home, but I felt weak.  "Let's go talk with your dad." Suho said as they helped me walk to the study room.
 
Everyone was gathered in the study room except for Lauren who was taking a nap.  We were all standing inside the small study room in complete silence and then Appa got up.  He walked over to the bookshelf and tugged a book out and then he stepped back and turned the bookshelf sideways.  There was a room on the other side and I was just speechless.  I didn't know what to say anymore.  "Am I finally getting that explination?" I asked.  They all just walked into the other room like they hadn't heard a thing I said.  Sighing, I followed behind them and the bookshelf turned back to it's original spot.  
 
The room we stepped into was a huge room which was brightly lit with hundreds of small lanterns hanging at different lengths from the ceiling.  The walls were filled with an old mural which captivated me with all of it's details and pictures.  I stared around at the room while the others just headed over to the other side of the room which had a very temple like feel to it.  In the middle of the wall where they were gathered, there was a stone tiger which was sitting on top of a pyramid like pedestal. 
 
The tiger's mouth was open and inside was an ancient looking book.  I was looking at the mural while the others surrounded the pyramid pedestal and we were taken over by silence once again.  "Daeun, come over here." Umma said.  "Oh, right, sorry." I said and I jogged over to where they were all standing.  Umma and Appa were standing on either side of the pyramid pedestal and Infinite was on Umma's side while EXO was on Appa's side.  They were all facing me and I stood awkwardly facing them in front of the pedestal.  The tiger's jeweled eyes were a stunning green emerald color and I couldn't look away since it was so pretty.  It wasn't like the weird figure things from before but it was more of a 'it's soooo pretty' kind of thing.  I stared into the emerald eyes for a little longer and it blinked.  "ahhhhh." I shouted and I could see the othere were trying really hard to contain their laughter.  "Why the heck did that thing just blink?!" I asked.  "Not only can I blink, but I can talk as well." The tiger said outloud.  "Holy mother of f-" I was going to finish my sentene, but Umma glared at me and I shut my mouth.  Instead I finished it with "Holy mother of f-fudge pops.... That sounds lame." I said.  The ancient book fell to the floor with a thud and the stone tiger started to gain color and fur.  "This is almost as weird as yesterday." I said.  "Don't worry, it gets weirder..." Hoya said.  "You've done this before haven't you?" I asked him.  He just shrugged.  
 
The tiger stretched and made it's way over to where I was standing.  The others watched closely while I just stood like a piece of wood and I was literally waiting for the thing to pounce and eat me.  "This is the princess?" The tiger asked in an odd tone that I couldn't quite figure out.  "She should be, we've been watching over her for the past 18 years." Appa said.  I had already asked enough questions and I knew I wasn't going to be getting answers any time soon so I didn't bother to ask the ones forming in my head.  "Why is she frightened?" The tiger asked.  "She's only ever experiened with this type of thing yesterday." Umma said.  "Ah, no wonder." The tiger said.  "I bet you're looking for answers aren't you?" The tiger said in a soft tone.  I just nodded slightly.  "Please let your family explain." The tiger said and she circled around my legs twice before seating herself on my left with her body behind my legs.  The others sat on cushions which had popped up out of nowhere and there was suddenly one under my feet as well.  The others sat down and I just did what they did.  
 
Appa grabbed the large book and handed it to me.  I was leaning back onto the tiger slightly and I was still actually quite frightened by the presence of such a vicious animal.  I opened the book up and it was full of rune like writing.  "Am I supposed to understand what this says?" I asked.  "It'll come to you." Appa said.  "So first, let's just say that we are currently at war with those things that attacked us at your party." Umma said bluntly.  "And second, you better be prepared for whatever we will throw at you in the future." Appa said.  "These guys will be with you while you are back in Korea so you don't need to worry about being alone." Hoya said.  EXO smiled and I nodded.  Appa took a deep breath and started.  "So..."