003

Tigress
 



That Monday morning, I got up and got ready for school.  I grabbed an apple and headed out the door.  On my way to school, I hummed along to songs from my iPod an I adjusted my glasses from time to time.  The way from home to school was pretty quick considering I lived nearby.  Plus the club was also really close as well.  I walked into the school and found a forming crowd around the twelve.  I sighed and walked passed them.  When I opened my locker, I was surprised to see that the number of notes had seriously decreased in number and my eyes widened when I noticed that my text books were brand new and they were in perfect shape.  "What the hell..." I mumbled to myself.  "She's talking to herself again." I heard a high pitched squeaky voice say from behind me.  I groaned inwardly and turned around.  In front of me was our school's queenka group which consisted of Soomi the leader, The twins Namjun (Thing 1) and Hyejun (Thing 2), Hana the stupid sidekick, and Joosun the smart one.  "What do you want?" I asked as I turned back around and grabbed my things out of my locker.  "Yah! Don't just turn your back at us you nerd!" Soomi shouted with her ear drum breaking voice.  I turned back around and looked at her.  "Nerds like you should learn to listen and obey orders from people who have more status than you." She continued with a scoff and she held her head up in an 'I am higher than thou' motion.  The twins copied her while Hana and Joosun stood behind her.  
 
"Are you done now?" I asked.  "I would like to go to class now." I added.  "This girl doesn't know when to listen, shall we teach her a lesson?" Namjun said.  They looked at me and smirked.  People had gathered around and we were surrounded.  They stepped closer to me and Soomi was about to punch my face, but I moved a little and she ended up punching my collar bone instead.  She wasn't as strong as she thought she was so it wouldn't leave much more than a small bruise.  I dodged all hits to my face and made sure they landed else where instead.  I didn't want to dodge them all or else it would make me look strong and not nerdy.  I pretended to be out of breath and tired as I slid to the floor with my back to the lockers.  The people were laughing and watching at how pathetic this scene was.  In the crowd I saw the 12 guys watching and they all had their eyes on me, like literally, it was like they were waiting for me to do something.  When Soomi was about to smack my face, I noticed she had a sharp ring on and I didn't have any place to move so I couldn't dodge her hit.  I closed my eyes and waited for her fist to hit my face, but it never came.  I opened my eyes slowly and saw the guys and Kris was holding onto Soomi's wrist tightly.  I gasped and so did everyone else.   
 
"Why are you stopping me?!" She shouted.  "Because, it isn't nice to hit a girl's face, even if you are a girl as well." Suho said.  She glared at them and yanked her wrist away from Kris's grasp.  She stomped away from the crowd with the other girls following her and I stood up slowly.  The people started to disperse and the guys looked at me one more time in confusion and then left as well.  After that, no one bothered to talk to me or do anything to me for some reason.  The notes gradually lessened and I didn't feel the need to get back at them since the words weren't bold and hurtful.  They were small and stupid.  The whole week, I was just waiting for someone to dump water over my head while I was in the bathroom, someone to rip up my text books.  I was waiting for someone to physically hurt me, or to humiliate me in front of the class somehow.  I was waiting for a ball to the head during P.E, or a bug in my food during lunch, but nothing happened.  I was getting so weird and I just kept on getting more and more on edge while I thought about what people might be planning.  
 
The rest of the of the week was exactly like that day, no pranks, no harassing, no nothing.  I was too on edge about it until the end of the week when I decided everything would hopefully stay that way.  I wasn't at ease until I was at home again and I spread myself out on the couch.  I laid there for a while and I just rested.  When I woke up, it was already 7:30 and my stomach was growling.  I went to the kitchen and made myself some curry ramen which made the whole house smell good.  I lazed around the house for the rest of the day.  I hadn't dropped by the club since I hadn't needed to that whole week.  I decided to stop by on Friday night, just for the fun of it.  I really liked the outfit that I put together and I styled my hair (hair isn't actually that long).  The leather skinny jeans and tight, white, over the shoulder top was really comfortable.  The ponytail went down halfway from my neck to my tail bone and I curled it randomly to give it an effortless look.  I headed out after I put my phone in my pocket.  After locking the door, I clipped the key to my phone key chain and left the apartment.  
 
I had gone kind of later than usual so the club was already filled and I had to find my way to the bar through the sea of people.  Someone pulled me towards them and I suddenly came face to face with Kai and Chanyeol.  "Annyeong Jooyeon-wait Jooyeon-sshi?" Kai said.  They had looked into my eyes.  "Contacts." I said.  "Ohhh, cool." Chanyeol said.  "Wanna come with us?" Kai asked.  "Um, in a moment, come with me a moment." I said.  I guided through the crowd and made my way to the bar to get a glass of water.  After I got my water, I followed the two of them to the private booth we were in last time.  "Guess who we found?" Kai said.  "Close your eyes, lets give the a surprise." Chanyeol whispered.  His voice was all low and it was actually kind of y if I had to admit.  I closed my eyes and he led me into the booth room.  "Joo...yeon?" Luhan said.  When he paused, I had opened my eyes.  "Just contacts, don't worry." I said.  "They look so real though..." Kris said.  "I've actually had these ones for a while..." I said.  They just nodded.  We talked for a while and then they pulled me along to dance with them.  I learned that Lay and Kai were actually really good dancers and so were the others.  I danced with both Sehun and Luhan at the same time,  it was quite the body mash since it was so crowded.  It was really hot with all of the people dancing together but I was used to it.  Luhan and Sehun were pushed away and replaced by Kai an Lay. They both showed of their endless dance moves.  Then it was Xiumin and Chen; Suho and D.O; Tao and Baekhyun.  Last, it was Kris and Chanyeol.  I felt me phone vibrate in my pocket and I realized that time had gone by really quickly and it was already 1 in the morning.  I had set the alarm to a later time since it was Friday night.  I headed over to the bar after saying good bye to them and Key placed a glass of water in front of me and he grabbed his car keys (LOLL).  I followed him out the back door to his car and he drove me home. 
 
My birthday was approaching and it was only a week away.  My phone vibrated in my jeans pocket and I pulled it out to see who was calling.  "Yeobosayo?" I asked.  "Daeun-ah!" A familiar voice shouted from the other side.  "Umma?" I asked.  "How are you?" She asked.  "Fine." I said.  "Are you coming home for your birthday?" She asked.  "I was thinking about it, why?" I asked.  "We wanted to know so we could plan something for you." She said.  "Fine, just don't go overboard this time..." I said.  "How about you bring some friends?" She asked.  "Umm, I'll think about it." I said.  "Okay, we'll we will get tickets ready in two days." She said and then she hung up.  I sighed and went into the closet to pick out something to wear for that night.  I went with a colorblock mini dress and I just left my hair regularly.  "I will have to tell them who I really am if I want to bring them along with me..." I said to myself as I looked in the mirror.  I twirled my hair around my finger and looked into my mauve colored eyes.  I headed to the club and I had my glasses and phone with me in my little purse.  I just hope that they believe me...
 
I walked into the club and found the twelve guys in a private booth.  "Hey guys." I said.  "Hey Jooyeon." They chorused.  Aish, they're making this harder by calling me that.  "Can I tell you guys something?" I asked.  They looked at me as a signal to go on.  I took my glasses out of my bag and put them on.  "You guys still don't recognize me do you?" I asked.  "I knew it..." Kris, Xiumin, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun said.  "All four of you know who I am?" I asked in shock.  "Lee Daeun, a second year at our school." Baekhyun stated.  "Why do you think all of the bullying stopped so suddenly after we stopped Soomi?" Kris asked.  "We didn't tell people to approach you since that would make everything too weird and suspicious, but we told them to back off just to see what happens." Xiumin said.  "We realized it the first day your eyes changed colors since we had first met you." Chanyeol said.  "But that doesn't make any sense..." I said.  "Well anyways, why do you hide your beautiful face behind those things?" Kai asked as he reached for my glasses and took them off my face. "You know how popular you could be if you showed your real personality and your face?" Luhan said.  I just sighed in defeat.  "Well why do you guys hang around me here if you know who I really am?" I asked.  "Because we know the real you." Kris said.  "From now on at school, if you come wearing those glasses, we will personally come up to you and take the away from you, thus showing the whole school your gorgeous face." Chen said.  I blushed at his flattering comment a little.  "But I like being a nobody at school." I said.  "What good does being a nobody do for you?" Chanyeol asked.  I stayed silent.  "Exactly.  We are going to have you sit with us, eat with us, and we might even walk you home from now on." Baekhyun said.  "But-"  "No but's." Suho said.  *You'll understand why we did this later... I just hope you can take the truth.* They thought.  I sighed again.  We talked about that for a little longer and then I remembered the party.  "Oh yeah, since my birthday is coming up, my mom wanted to know if you guys wanted to go with." I said.  "Really? Where is it?" Sehun asked excitedly.  "In Los Angeles..." I said.  "Los Angeles?!" they shouted.  I just looked at them.  "Is that a problem?" I asked slowly.  "Not at all, just surprising." Kai said after a couple moments of silence.  "How do you guys think I can afford to go to that school? I'm not a scholarship student for crying out loud." I said.  "I wanna go!!" Chanyeol said.  They all agreed and I texted my mom to make arrangements for the private plane to pick us up in two days at the airport.