n i n e

The Truth

The next few weeks, Jiyeon was still coming to their practice room and even their dorm. As time goes by, all the INFINITE members started to like and accept Jiyeon and her friends. “They aren’t as bad as we thought,” Hoya said. Even Woohyun agreed with the others. Sunggyu was glad that s won’t bash them again, except for Myungsoo. That guy was really stubborn.

“Yah, why do you hate them that much? T-Ara has apologized to Hwayoung anyway,” Sungyeol said while they were alone in their room. The others weren’t at home so they were alone.

“I… don’t know.”

“Don’t tell me…”

Myungsoo shot a glare at him. “What?”

“You like Jiyeon?” Sungyeol asked while smirking. Myungsoo’s face flushed and looked away. “No way.”

Sungyeol leaned closer to him and smirked again. “I saw that you are jealous when she paid attention to Sunggyu hyung only.”

“You got to be kidding me. I hate her,” Myungsoo lied. But he felt that Sungyeol was right.

“Well, she hates you too now. She’s even an anti-fan of you,” Sungyeol replied and shrugged.

Myungsoo knew that he felt his anger inside him but he denied it.

 

“By the way, Hwayoung told me that T-Ara invited us for a dinner and the guys agreed. You’ve to come.”

 

-

 

“Hwayoung unnie!” Jiyeon cheered as she saw Hwayoung came to their dorm. “Hi Jiyeon! Where’s the others?” she asked and entered the dorm. “I’ve missed this place…” she mumbled.

“Oh! They are sleeping, except for Hyomin unnie. She has to go to the studio for her drama,” Jiyeon answered.

“Okay then. Let’s wake the others! I will invite INFINITE boys to come here for dinner. How?” Hwayoung asked for an approval.

“Sure unnie. I don’t mind. But let me ask them first,” Jiyeon said as she went upstairs to her friends’ rooms to wake them up. “Boram unnie, Qri unnie, wake up!”

“Soyeon unnie! Hwayoung unnie is here. She wants to invite INFINITE boys to come for dinner. Is that okay?” Jiyeon asked for permission.

Since Soyeon was still half-slept, she nodded and went back to sleep. “Okay then! I and Hyomin unnie will cook for them.” Jiyeon smiled happily and went to her shared room with Hyomin.

“Unnie! Let’s cook!”

“What? Cook? What for?”

“Hwayoung unnie will invite INFINITE boys to come for dinner. Let’s go!”

Jiyeon dragged her to downstairs. She smiled to Hwayoung and sat next to her on the couch. “So, why do you want to invite them?” Hyomin asked curiously.

“It’s nothing actually. I just want to thank them and make you guys closer?”

Hyomin shrugged and went to the kitchen with Jiyeon. Hwayoung also followed them. “So, what will we cook?” Hwayoung asked.

“Chicken, chicken soup, yakiniku, kimchi, sushi!” Jiyeon mentioned all of her favorite foods.

“No no. I don’t want to cook it all,” Hwayoung said and shook her head in disagree. Jiyeon turned to Hwayoung and pleaded her with pleading eyes.

“Alright! Let’s cook Jiyeon’s favorite!”

Hyomin sighed but eventually agreed.

In the middle of cooking, Hyomin blurted, “Since you hate Myungsoo, so, you like Sunggyu now?”

 Hwayoung automatically stopped cutting the carrot and listened to their conversation. Jiyeon chuckled. “Nope. Sunggyu is like my best brother. He is my first love but…the feeling for him is gone.”

“So, you still like Myungsoo?” Hwayoung asked.

Jiyeon flushed upon hearing that. “Of course not! I-“

“Ah, just admit that. But, I feel bad for Sunggyu. You… use him to make Myungsoo jealous, right?” Hwayoung asked again. Jiyeon was really guilty. She realized what she has done. She knew she shouldn’t do that to her ‘prince charming’

“Ah! Don’t think about it! Let’s continue!”

 

-

 

Sungjong ran to his room and opened the door harshly. “Hyung!”

Sungyeol glared at him. “You might break the door. What’s up?” he asked and fixed his shirt for the last time. Sungjong panted and tried to catch his breath. “Do I look good?”

Sungyeol glared at him once again. “You ran here… just because you want to ask that you look good or no?”

“Yes! So, do I look good?” he repeated.

“Yeah. You’ve grown up, Sungjong.”

“Of course! I’m not like you, Sungyeol, the choding member of INFINITE.”

Sungjong ran away and Sungyeol chased him. They were running around Sunggyu and Woohyun’s room. Sungjong even bumped into Sunggyu. Sunggyu glared at him with his deadly stare. “Ah!!” Sungjong screamed as he scared of his leader.

“Those boys…” Sunggyu muttered and rolled his eyes. He checked on Woohyun who was still looking at his reflection. “Seriously? Hurry up!”

Woohyun nodded and followed him outside. Myungsoo was already in the car with Hoya and Dongwoo. Sunggyu, Woohyun, Sungyeol and Sungjong got inside eth car as well. Sungjong shouted, “Food, I’m coming!”

 

-

 

“Well done!” Hwayoung clapped her hands as they finished putting the dishes on the dining table. Qri, Boram and Eunjung were already on the dining room. Suddenly, Soyeon walked in and asked, “What is this for?”

Jiyeon giggled. “Did you forget that we invited INFINITE boys to come for dinner?”

“What? When? Did you ask my permission yet?”

“I did! And you said yes!” Jiyeon exclaimed and laughed. “You’ve to take a quick shower now.”

Soyeon rolled her eyes and went to her room again to take a shower. “What the hell? I’ve to meet that guy again?” she mumbled and stomped her feet.

 

As they heard the doorbell rang, Jiyeon ran to open it directly. “Sunggyu oppa!” she exclaimed. ‘I feel like I’m the most annoying girl,’ she thought.

“Hey Jiyeon,” Sunggyu greeted her back. Jiyeon let them in. She took some secret glances at Myungsoo without he realized it.

“Noona!” Sungjong ran inside to hug Jiyeon and Hyomin. Jiyeon just gave him a weak while Hyomin ruffled his hair. “How are you, Jongie?”

Woohyun glared at Sungjong so he stepped back. “Ah, I’m awesome noona,” he laughed awkwardly. “That’s good to hear,” Hyomin said and smiled to him again. What made Woohyun mad was she didn’t even pay attention to him.

Soyeon was done with her showering so she joined them. She kept lowering her head so Sunggyu wouldn’t notice but he did. “Hi Soyeon-sshi,” he said.

Soyeon pretended to not to hear it so she started to talk randomly to Qri. But Jiyeon cut her. “Soyeon unnie, Sunggyu oppa talked to you.”

Soyeon looked at them nervously before she said, “What-“

“Unnie! I’m back!”

They all turned to the door and saw a girl with her two bags. “Ahreum!”

Ahreum realized that there was also INFINITE in that dining room. She bowed awkwardly and asked, “Am I interrupting you guys?”

Jiyeon shook her head and dragged her to sit next to her. “I’m glad that you come! So, let’s eat, shall we?”

They all nodded. Soyeon was thankful to Ahreum. Because of her, she didn’t have to face him. Hwayoung was busy with giving Sungyeol some of her meals. They looked at them in envious.

“You should eat more! You are too thin!” Hwayoung said and gave him her chicken. Sungyeol choked. “Ah, thank you,” he said and gulped his water.

“Ah, lovebirds,” Jiyeon teased.

Hwayoung stopped giving him her chicken and ate her own. They were really quiet until Myungsoo coughed. “Are you okay?” Ahreum asked and gave him her glass. Myungsoo refused and pushed it away. Ever since that little incident, Ahreum kept on glancing at him, gave him attentions which made Jiyeon mad. But she held it.

“Let’s go to a Karaoke Bar!” Boram suggested. Everyone agreed and they went to the karaoke bar with INFINITE’s car. Soyeon gulped nervously. She was sitting next to Sunggyu who rode the car. But Soyeon was glad that Sunggyu didn’t mention it anymore.

“Yo!” Sungyeol shouted and ran inside. The others followed. They chose the biggest room of course. “Who wants to sing first?” Boram asked.

Sungjong suddenly raised his hand. “I want!”

And so he sang. His voice was really immature but it’s pretty good. “Who is next?”

Sungyeol bravely took the microphone and dragged Hwayoung to stand with him. Everyone was smiling as they knew what Sungyeol wanted.

They sang ‘All For You’ by Eunji from APink and Seo In Gook. Both of them were staring deeply. Sungyeol let out all his emotions and feelings towards her.

In the end of the song, he said, “Ryu Hwayoung, I’ve liked you since the first time we know you. I know that I’m not goo in words, I’m not a perfect man for you but…”

“I love you. Will you be mine?” Sungyeol kneeled in front of her and took her hand. Sudden;y, Myungsoo sang their song ‘Be Mine’ to help him. Hwayoung chuckled and nodded. It was an agreement.

“Yes!”

 

Everyone cheered for them and clapped their hands. Sunggyu said, “The choding has grown up.”

Sungyeol pouted and slapped him on the arm lightly. “Or, he hasn’t.”

“Can I sing?” Ahreum asked. Hwayoung nodded and gave the microphone to her. “Myungsoo oppa, let’s have a duet!” Ahreum said and gave him another microphone. Everyone was shocked, even himself. But Myungsoo eventually accepted the offer.

He took the microphone and stood next to her. Ahreum chose the song. It was another duet song and Myungsoo sang it well with her. Myungsoo smirked.

“Oppa! Your voice is really great!” Ahreum complimented. Myungsoo smiled then ruffled her hair. “Thanks.”

Jiyeon then raised her hand. She wanted to sing too. She wanted to show her what she was feeling. She started to sing. It was G.Na’s song, ‘I’ll be Back Off so You Can Live’

That song was really difficult but Jiyeon could sing it perfectly. Hyomin knew why she chose that song. She also knew that Jiyeon’s eyes were teary but she hid it.

After they finished, Jiyeon had an idea. “Let’s go to Mei’s house!”

 


 

Long chapter since I've abandoned you guys for around 4-5 days. Btw, Mei is my name lol.