f i v e

The Truth

 

Just after they finished the dinner with Mei’s family, they decided to go home since it was really late. “We have to go now,” Soyeon said politely and bowed. The rest did the same and bid goodbye to Mei and her family.

“Thank you for the meal,” they said for the last time before went out of the shop. It was 7 in the night. They went to the parking area and got in. “That girl is nice,” Hyomin said and Qri nodded. “I told you,” Jiyeon mumbled and rolled her eyes.

As they got home, there was someone inside already. “Where did you girls go?” their manager suddenly came out of the dorm and shocked them. “We were having dinner,” Soyeon as the leader answered.

“Well, never mind. I got to tell you something. Let’s go inside.” They nodded and followed him inside the dorm. They sat on the couch while their manager was standing.

“So, I have good news for one of you,” he started and fixed his glasses. They became crowded. “Be quiet!”

The girls shut their mouths again. “Okay. So, one of you will start your activity again. You will be in a drama if you accept.” The manager smiled.

“Who is the ‘you’?” Soyeon interrupted.

“Park Hyomin.”

“What? Me? Really?” Hyomin asked while pointing to herself. “Yes. The PD said you will be in a drama called ‘The Thousandth Man’. You are also the main role.”

Everyone clapped their hands and congratulated her. “Who is my co-actors and co-actress?”

“I don’t know yet but the main are actress Kang Ye Won, actor Lee Chun Hee, actress Jun Mi Sun and one other person but it’s not decided yet.”

Hyomin nodded as she understood. “Do you have the script with you?” she asked again. “No. You will come with me, tomorrow at 8 in the morning. Don’t sleep late tonight. You will meet your co-actresses and co-actors tomorrow.”

“Now, all of you must sleep. Especially you, Hyomin.”

Hyomin nodded and went to her room, followed by Jiyeon since they were roommates. “Aren’t you excited, Hyomin unnie?” Jiyeon asked and smiled brightly. Hyomin shook her head. “I want a comeback with you guys, not with a drama.” She sighed and lay down.

Jiyeon pouted. “But I envy you that you can role in a drama again,” she said.

“Well, I have to sleep now. Sleep well, Jiyeon!”

 

-

 

She was walking down the hallway with her thick books in her arms. She fixed her glasses and looked down as she saw them, the biggest bullies that always bullied her.

“Hey nerd!” one of them stopped her. She didn’t dare to look at her. She bit her lips as they pulled her ponytail. “Ah!” she yelped.

“You deserve it, Park Jiyeon-sshi. Who told you to get near our oppa?” the leader asked as she got closer to her. “W-We are just good friends. N-Nothing more.”

“You are not good in lying, Jiyeon-sshi.”

“I s-swear!”

 

SLAP

 

There was a slap across her cheek. “You are useless. You are nothing but a dust that keeps bothering me to get him!” she shouted. Jiyeon’s eyes got blurry as the tears were on her eyes.

“Aw, our little Jiyeon is crying?”

 

It was painful. It hurt.

 

“I’ll let you go this time. If you still don’t listen to me, I will do something more extreme. I’ve warned you,” she said and left with her friends.

The 12 years old Jiyeon ran to the garden. She decided to skip that period. She wiped her overflow tears with her hands. But she ended up crying again.

“Here, a tissue.” A familiar voice said and handed her a tissue. “T-T-Thank you,” Jiyeon stuttered as she accepted the tissue and removed her glasses to wipe her tears.

“I’m sorry that I’ve caused you this. Isn’t that because of me? You got bullied.”

Jiyeon quickly shook her head. She was thankful to have him by her side. “N-N-No. Don’t worry about me. I’m fine! I’m not weak! And it’s because of you, I’m not weak!”

He was giving her the strength to fight for the bullies. She even had a crush on him yet she knew that he wouldn’t like her so she kept it.

“I-I’m truly sorry, Jiyeon. But you know that I will always beside you so you don’t have to worry!”

“T-Thank you oppa.”

 

-

 

“AH!” Jiyeon screamed and woke up. Hyomin immediately woke up too and looked at her worriedly. “What happened?” she asked. Jiyeon shook her head.”It’s just a dream. Or should I call it a nightmare? I don’t know,” she uttered and sighed.

“Were you dreaming about you got bullied and that crush of yours when you were in Junior High?” Hyomin asked.

Jiyeon bit her lips and nodded. “Don’t think about it, Jiyeon.” Hyomin sighed and caressed her hair. “I have to take a bath now else I will be late,” Hyomin said and got off of the bed to the bathroom.

Jiyeon still remembered her dream. It was a long time ago, when she was in Junior High School. “How did I forget that guy’s name? I only remembered his face but I’m sure he has changed.”

After 20 minutes, Hyomin was done with her bath and went out to dry her hair. “Jiyeon, I have to go now. Don’t think too much about it, okay?”

Jiyeon nodded and waved at her.

“HYOMIN-“

“What?” they looked at Soyeon who was standing near the door. “Oh. I thought you were still sleeping.” She rubbed the back of her neck and walked away. Hyomin shrugged and went downstairs to meet her manager. “I’m here.”

“Let’s go.”

He drove her to the location. The stuffs seemed to be really busy. She saw some of her seniors and bowed. But then she spotted INFINITE’s members there.

“What are they doing here?” she mumbled.

“Hyomin, let’s meet the PD.” Her manager dragged her to the PD and met her co-actresses and co-actors. “Annyeonghaseyo. T-Ara’s Park Hyomin imnida.” She bowed politely. She saw that the INFINITE’s members weren’t there but only Woohyun stood next to her.

“Alright. Here are your scripts.” The PD gave them one script for each. They read the script for awhile. Hyomin and Woohyun gasped in the same time.

“I’m with him?” she mumbled.

“God. Why do you pair me with this ?” Woohyun muttered low enough so Hyomin wouldn’t hear it. “You got a problem, Woohyun-sshi? Hyomin-sshi?”

They shook their heads. “So, it’s settled. We will shoot the first episode today. But I will give you 2 hours for break.”

Hyomin ran inside the building to go to the restroom but she bumped into someone. “I-I’m sorry.” She bowed. The person helped her to pick her cosmetics and her stuffs.

“No problem and congratulation, Hyomin-sshi. Please treat Woohyun well.” Hyomin’s face flushed upon seeing his face. She had a crush on him.

“I-I will. Thank you and excuse me, Sunggyu-sshi.”

 


 

Sorry if I don't really focus to MyungYeon. This story wants to tell to T-Ara's anti-fans that they can't judge them just like that. They don't know the truth behind, even me. So, to T-Ara's ant-fan, don't be childish. They made mistakes. They are humans.