e i g h t

The Truth

“I’m home!” Jiyeon said happily as she arrived at her dorm. Her members were staring at her. “What?” Jiyeon asked in confusion and felt uncomfortable with the stares.

“Where is Hyomin? She was looking for you.”

Jiyeon shrugged. “Why did she look for me? I was just buying some books.”

“She was worried,” Eunjung said. But then the door opened widely. It was Hyomin. She faked a smile and hugged her. “I’ve been looking for you!” she exclaimed. She didn’t know that she let herself cried.

She sobbed quietly.

“Oh my. You love her too much.”

Hyomin was the only one who knew behind her sobs. But she didn’t mind if her members thought it wrong. “Unnie, I’m alright…” Jiyeon said.

“Ne… I… I’m so glad…”

“Let’s sleep now, unnie.” Hyomin nodded and she dragged her to their room. “Why are you crying unnie?” she asked after there were in the room alone.

“Nothing… I suddenly remembered my family.”

“Unnie, you can tell manager oppa and go to your home.”

“Never mind. By the way, I saw you with Sunggyu-sshi. You knew him? You even pecked his cheeks,” Hyomin said carefully.

“Oh! You saw us? Yes. Do you know unnie? He’s the prince charming that I told you when I was in Junior High! I can’t believe that!”

“Really? Whoa! How about Myungsoo, hmm?

“Who cares about him? I’m an anti-fan of him,” Jiyeon said and lay down her body to the bed. Hyomin could feel uneasy, especially when she mentioned that she didn’t like Myungsoo anymore.

“A-Anti-fan? How come?”

“I don’t know. He just… Aish! He’s annoying!”

“I-If you say so… Well, I’m tired now. I will sleep first.”

Jiyeon nodded. But before she slept, Jiyeon said, “Unnie! Let’s go to INFINITE practice room, tomorrow!”

 

-

 

Hyomin bit her nail nervously while Jiyeon was knocking on the door excitedly. “Annyeonghaseyo. T-Ara’s Jiyeon imnida,” she said and bowed. It was Woohyun who opened the door for them. Both Woohyun and Hyomin rolled their eyes. “O-Oh, Jiyeon-sshi, what’s up?” Woohyun asked.

“Can I meet Sunggyu-sshi?”

Woohyun was about to reject but Sunggyu was already behind him. “Oh Jiyeon, come in!” he said and opened the door wider. Woohyun sighed. He took a glance at them and his eyes met Hyomin’s. They looked away immediately.

“So, Jiyeon-ah, what’s up?” Sunggyu asked.

“Hyomin unnie and I cooked this for you and the rest members,” Jiyeon answered happily. Sunggyu smiled and ruffled her hair. “Thanks Jiyeon-ah. Well, we should eat now.”

“Yeah! Eat!” Sungjong shouted and went to Jiyeon and greeted her. “Annyeong noona! I’m Lee Sungjong!” he waved his hand to her. Jiyeon smiled. “Annyeong Sungjong. It’s nice to meet you!”

She caught Myungsoo’s figure and smirked secretly. “Let’s eat!” Dongwoo exclaimed and the others agreed. Myungsoo sulked and was about to go but Woohyun held him. “Just this time. We should respect them,” Woohyun said with his cold tone. Myungsoo sulked but nodded eventually.

“Come here and join us!” Sungyeol said to them.

 

“Thanks for the meals, Jiyeon-sshi, Hyomin-sshi,” Hoya thanked them and Sungjong grinned. “Jiyeon noona, Hyomin noona, you should bring foods more often!”

Hyomin giggled. “Sure.”

“Would you like to stay here for awhile?” Sunggyu asked. Jiyeon agreed but Hyomin seemed to not agree. “Hey, we should go home,” she whispered to Jiyeon.

“Just a little longer, unnie.”

“Firstly, we got to congratulate Woohyun and Hyomin-sshi about their drama,” Sunggyu started with Dongwoo, Hoya and Sungjong clapped their hands.

“Congratulation!”

The both nodded without answering. “Why do hyung and noona look mad? Are you guys fighting? Sungjong blurted. “No Sungjong. We are fine.” Hyomin assured a smile.

“Okay noona.”

“Secondly, thanks to Jiyeon and Hyomin-sshi for the foods.”

Hyomin and Jiyeon nodded. “Oppa, we should hang out sometimes! I missed you…” Jiyeon said shyly. Hyomin tried to control her emotions.

“I never knew that you guys are this close,” Dongwoo interrupted. “Yeah. We entered the same Junior High School and we were pretty close back then,” Sunggyu explained. In the other hand, Myungsoo still kept his mouth shut.

‘Hyung, don’t get near those es,’ Myungsoo thought.

“We have to go now, Sunggyu-sshi. We will visit you guys later if we have time.” Hyomin bid goodbye to them and so did Jiyeon. Jiyeon stole some glances at Myungsoo, hoping that he would look at her but it seemed that he really hated her.

“Good bye Sunggyu oppa! Good bye, Dongwoo-sshi, Woohyun-sshi, Hoya-sshi, Sungyeol-sshi, L-sshi and Sungjong!” Jiyeon waved to them, especially to Sunggyu and Sungjong.

“Jiyeon-sshi, can we talk for awhile?” Sungyeol suddenly asked. “But-“

“It’s okay Jiyeon. Our manager just texted me and told me that you don’t have to come. Excuse me,” Hyomin said and walked out of the house. No one knew that Woohyun followed her secretly.

 

Sungyeol dragged Jiyeon to a small garden near INFINITE practice room. Jiyeon was confused yet she still followed him. “So, what’s up?” Jiyeon asked as they arrived at the garden.

“Mm, I heard you guys already apologize to Hwayoung.”

“Yes we did. And she gladly forgave us. We are now family!” Jiyeon answered excitedly as she remembered what had happened a few days ago.

“That’s good to hear.” He smiled unknowingly.

Then Jiyeon remembered something and got an idea. “Sungyeol-sshi. I see that you are the closest to Hwayoung unnie. Are you guys dating?” she smirked.

“Y-Y-Yeah? We aren’t dating!”

Jiyeon chuckled at his blushing face. “If you guys aren’t dating, then you like her?”

This time, Sungyeol nodded. It was true. He had a crush on her. “That’s good! I ship you two!” Jiyeon grinned and giggled. “W-Why is that so?”

“Because you two look good together, because you like her, because I have the feeling that she also likes you.” She winked and grinned.

“R-Really?”

“Why don’t you try to confess?”

 

-

 

Woohyun walked closer to her silently. “So, you and Jiyeon are brave enough to show your faces in front of us.” He smirked behind her. Hyomin was shocked that he followed her but she didn’t reply him.

“I noticed that you were looking at Sunggyu hyung. You seemed to be jealous when Jiyeon was around her,” he mocked.

“Answer me- Yah! Why are you crying?” he gasped after he grabbed her arm and saw her crying. She was too weak. She hugged him without thinking. Woohyun was shocked and wanted to pull away but seeing her like that, he stayed still.

“Sunggyu… Sunggyu likes her…”

“But… doesn’t Jiyeon like Myungsoo?” he asked dumbly.

“She said… She… She hates Myungsoo now… What… What should I do?” she sobbed in his chest. Woohyun finally tighten the hug and caressed her hair.

 

“Everything is going to be okay. Believe me…”

 


 

Thanks to ashini1997, yangdee18, Freda123, cherryepeo, Qooqies and lynnsiow for the votes! ; u ;