Mall

Overflowing Tears

 

The car screeched to a halt. He went out of his car, the sight of COEX appearing in his sight. He took a deep breath before entering the store. The mall was huge. And he didn’t have all the time to admire all the stores.

 

He rushed to the toy’s section and began surveying the shelves. He was looking for a stuff toy. Minyoung loved stuff toys, especially cute ones. He managed to smile at the thought Minyoung.

 

“I’m going to make things right. Just wait Minyoung.” He thought to himself.

 

He passed another shelf and another. Rilakkumas were cute but somehow, something told him that there was something better out there.

 

He was almost losing hope. It was if his search was a futile one when suddenly something caught his eye. It was a toy but it was something way different.

 

It was boy holding a heart with a crack at the middle. He reached out his hand to hold it. The toy, it was more than cute, but it had good meaning. For him it symbolized that the boy was actually trying to put the heart back together. Like how he was trying to put Minyoung’s heart back together.

 

He grabbed the toy and brought it to the counter. The cashier looked at him weirdly. She thought he was broken hearted. But she shrugged it off, since his love life was none of her business. She put the toy in a bag and gave it to Baekhyun. He took the bag and stormed off.

 

Next, he decided to take a trip to a flower shop. He found easily. He asked the saleslady to give him the best bouquet of roses they have to offer. It took only several minutes before the bouquet was handed to Baekhyun.

 

“Your girlfriend must be lucky to have you sir.” The saleslady suddenly blurted out.

 

Baekhyun’s face turned bitter. It made him remember that Minyoung was not his girlfriend anymore. Ex-girlfriend was the right term.

 

“Did I say something wrong sir?” The saleslady asked, guilty about the fact the Baekhyun seemed down.

 

“Oh nothing’s wrong. I’ll just go.” Baekhyun said and left the store.

 

He ran all the way from the store to his car. He was excited. He thought everything would go as he expected it to be.

 

But people do say expect the unexpected. Sometimes one’s expectations don’t come true.