Chapter 36

Once a FANBOY, always a FANBOY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"... it hurts to watch him drift away, it hurts to fall apart and know he won't be there to mend the broken pieces and make it all okay..."   RYEOWOOK POV   This is the day. The day that both my friends and I never thought will happen. The three of us woke up and decided to have a breakfast at YeMin's place. This will be the last time the five of us will eat together. It saddened me to leave them but I know this will help both me and Kyuhyun.    "EunHae!!! Aren't you done yet? Let's go! I'm starving already." I'm waiting for them at the living room. It's like 15 minutes already but the couple is still inside their room.   "Coming!" Hyukkie shouted from the inside.   In took them a minute before getting out of the room. I sighed as my eyes scanned why they took a long time to come out. Both of them are wearing black shirt. A color that symbolizes sadness, yearning.   "Yah! Why of all the day you wear black now?" I ask dumbfounded.   "Angel, today you will be away from us! You think this is a day to celebrate?" my best friend said as his eyes turned teary.   "O-okay if that makes you happy my dear Myeolchi. So can we go now?" I tug them and headed to the door.    Donghae hyung placed my luggage at the trunk and to my surprise Hyukjae take a seat right next to me at the back portion of the car. He usually occupies the passenger seat with an obvious reason but today is quite a change!    I didn't protest, instead I intertwined our hands and search for Donghae hyung's eyes for approval. He smiled at me through the rearview mirror and I know he won't mind if I held his boyfriend's hand.   -----*****-----      When we arrived at the familiar apartment, the first thing that registered to my eyes are their clothes. Like EunHae couple, YeMin couple also wears black. I bet they talked about this without me knowing it. I looked at them with furrowed eyebrows. Minnie hyung took the initiative to talk.   "Wookie-ah, we hope you understand our reason for wearing this." he said as he took my hand concernly.   "I understand hyung and I'm sorry for making you feel this way. Y-you know I didn't want to..." I wasn't able to finish my sentence because my tears already stream down my face.    I hate saying goodbye especially to the ones I love but I can't do so much about it. I was about to cover my wet face with my hands because of embarrassment when Hyukjae hold my wrist and pull me into a hug. A hug that I desperately needed right now.    Donghae, Sungmin and Yesung hyung joined us and we hugged each other for a minute or two until Minnie hyung pulled out and wipe his tears with the back of his hand.   "Alright guys enough with the crying! We should get the foods ready. Darling, can you help me prepare the table?" he then turned to the turtle boy beside him who's -surprisingly- in his "normal" state.    "Of course darling. Anything for you!"    They both turned their backs on the three of us and left.   Few moments later sumptuous foods are laid down the table. Our taste buds immediately crave for it. We took our respective seats and begun eating. Unlike earlier that is full of tears and sadness, this time we tried to atleast talk about the happy moments we had. Indeed we shared beautiful memories together and we promise to keep those in our hearts until the day that we'll be reunited again.   -----*****-----   After an hour we finally reached my hometown, Incheon. This will be a very hard day for me. Meeting my parents after what happened really bothers me. What will they say to Kyuhyun? Will they curse him to death?   Will they still accept me? I hope so.   Donghae hyung carried my luggage until we reached the white gate of our house. Yesung and Sungmin hyung stand behind me as Hyukkie never leave my side. For the last time today I put on my happy face to say goodbye to them.   "Thank you for giving me a ride. Be safe on your way back okay?" I smile, pulling them for a group hug.    Almost all of them are in the verge of crying but I tried my best not to join the crying pile. I don't want them to worry for me anymore, those sorrowful days were enough. They deserve to be happy. Well, I do deserve it too right?   Yesung hyung who's now standing infront of me handed me a green turtle plushie from his back. He's so cute when he scratch the back of his head, acting shy all of a sudden.   "I can't give you Ddangkoma because he may suffer separation anxiety so I picked that instead. He will take care of you for us."   "Yesunggiee! This is so cuuuteee! Thank you! Little Kiki already have a playmate!"   I grin escaped my lips, as I glance each of my wonderful friends.    Hyukjae on the other hand still can't hold back his tears.   "Wookie-ah, if you need someone to talk to, just call me. You know this monkey bestfriend of yours will always make time for you. P-promise me you'll do it."   I cupped his face and wipe his -almost- dried tears.   "I promise. Stop crying already Hyukkie." a small smile curved his lips as he kiss my cheek for one last time.    "You must go now guys. Thank you again. Till we meet again."    "Bye Wookie!" they said in unison and quickly scurried away to their respective cars.    I waved at them as soon as they start moving, slowly fading into my sight. I sighed, looking at my things and wondering what will my parents think when they see me. With a heavy heart and confused mind I pick-up my things and started walking to the front door.   -----*****-----   I knock twice and as soon as the door opens, I was envelope with a hug from my mom.   "Son!!" she said.   "Mom..." I mumbled.    She just stay quiet, patting my back as if she knows everything even without me telling a word.    It's a mother's instict, right?       "My poor son... Your dad and I are so worried about you Wookie-ah. Thank God you're okay and nothing bad happen to you."   We are now inside the house specifically in the living room with all my things neatly put aside. My mom still holding my hands, her eyes is teary as she looks into mine.    "I'm sorry mom... I-I never thought loving him will put me into this horrible situation. I'm really sorry mom. I'm a failure... I disappointed you and dad."   I bowed my head as fresh tears started staining my face, the pain I felt few days ago are back in one piece, killing every part of me over and over again.   "Sshhh... you are not a failure, son. No need to say sorry. You just follow your heart... Maybe Kyuhyunnie really loves you that he sacrificed his feelings for you, for your own good. Sshhhh... don't cry anymore. We will stay by your side no matter what."    Her words made me cry harder. She really is my mom!   "B-but mom, aren't you angry with Kyuhyun?" I ask after my tears subsided for a while.   "You want an honest answer, my dear son?"   "Yes mom..."   She met my wondering eyes and gave me a warm smile.   "No. Not a bit."   "W-why mom?"   "Because I know he is a good person. Kyuhyunnie, my son is a good person. He loves you more than his life. I can't say too much because I'm not him but believe me, Wookie-ah he didn'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter