Fight For Your Right (To Sit By Her)

Living On the Block

If you haven't already guessed by now, the main images are very random.

 


 

Sam POV

 

   Now living with the boys for more than a month, I've kind of gotten used to their hectic schedule. And today they were going off to Japan, and I was going with them. I was really excited. I haven't lived in Japan since I was ten. But now going back, I could visit all the places I used to go to and see some of the people I made friends with.  The old man who owned the apartment I used to live at, the old couple who owned the convenient store right down the road, the old woman who used to sit on her porch with her cat right across the apartment complex.

   I rushed down to the van sitting outside the dorm and got in. All the boys were in, talking among themselves. U-Kwon was sitting next to B-Bomb, talking about something dance related. Kyung, Jaehyo, Zico, and P.O. were all squished together in the back. I plopped down in the spot next to Taeil. I gave him a smile. "Are you excited?"
   He turned and looked at me. "Oh, yeah I guess."
   "You guess? You know, I lived in Japan for three years." 
   He raised an eyebrow. "Really? What part?"
   "Osaka. But then we had to move because my mom found a better gig in France. We never live in one place for very long. After living in France for four more years, we moved back to the states and my mom helped out a newly coming out band in Washington." My smile slowly faded into a thin line. I didn't much like talking about how many times I've moved. It just reminds me that I've never had a true home. 
   "If it's any consolation, I hope you stay with us for a long time." Taeil said, hesitantly putting his arm around me.
   I smiled again and leaned against him as the vehicle rolled out. It didn't take long to get to the airport. Another van met us with all of our stuff and we all rolled our suitcases in. 
   Once inside the private plane, I took my seat next to Taeil once again, feeling much more comfortable sitting next to him. I did take a glance over at Jihoon before I sat down. He looked our way, he didn't look very satisfied by my seating arrangement. 

 

 

 P.O. POV

   

   The whole plane ride I kept glancing back at Sam and Taeil hyung. Sam was gushing over him the entire time. Playing with his hair, poking him playfully, giggling, making him laugh. It was driving me crazy. Why did it have to be him? What was so special about him? Why couldn't she fawn over me like she did Taeil hyung?

   An hour or so into the plane ride, I took another glance at the two. Sam leaned against Taeil, her head on his shoulder, her eyes closed in sleep. This can be my chance. I stood up and went over to them.

   "Hyung," I said kind of quietly, as to not wake Sam. "Can we talk?"

   Taeil looked up at me and nodded. "Um, yeah. Hold on," He gently slid Sam off and adjusted her head comfortably on her head rest. He stood and we went to the back of the plane. "What's up, Jihoon?"

   "Could you maybe switch seats with me?" I asked.
   Taeil raised an eyebrow. "Why?"
   "I just want to sit next to Sam." That was half true. I didn't just want to sit next to her. I wanted to make her fall for me.
   "Well I don't think she'd appreciate us just switching seats on her without telling her. And plus, if she wanted to sit with you, she would've. But she specifically sat with me." He said more sternly than usual.
   I gawked at him. I guess having a girl all over him all the time gave him some confidence. "You don't want a break from her?"
   Taeil looked at me like I was crazy.  "No, I don't want a break from her."
   And then it hit me. "Hyung..." It's not like Taeil ever pushed her away anytime she's tackled him. And he doesn't seem to mind that she's around him any chance she gets. "Do you..." And I've noticed that he always blushes whenever she's around. Which is a lot. "Like her?" It was only the most reasonable conclusion. 
   He didn't say anything at first, which only fed into my suspicion. He finally sighed. "Can you blame me? I don't have that many fan girls, so having Sam constantly fawning over me was a nice change. Somehow I ended up falling for her..."
   No, I couldn't blame him. So I have competition after all. And he was the more likely one Sam would accept. I looked down. "When exactly did that happen?"
   He shrugged. "It just...happened. What about you?"
   I snapped my head up and looked at him. "What do you mean what about me?" 
   "It's obvious. You want to switch seats with me because you want to get close to Sam." He said frankly. 
   I scoffed. "It's not obvious. She doesn't know."
   He looked at me blankly. "Sam's a little...dense when it comes to that stuff. She won't know you're flirting when you are, she doesn't really get suggestive meanings, and she'll take pick up lines literally. She's never had a boyfriend, so she's new to this concept."
   I was surprised by how much he knew. "How do you know all of this?"
   He shrugged again. "She told me. She's told me a lot about herself." He smirked, amused.
   Ok, so he knows her more than I do. That still won't keep me from trying. "Well, may the best man win."
   "Seeing her as a prize won't help you much." He started going back to his seat. But I pulled him back by the hood of his jacket and ran ahead of him to get to his seat first. If he wasn't going to give it up nice and easy, I was going to take it by force!
   "Jihoon!" He said quietly as to not wake Sam. I was already to his seat, but he still tried to wedge himself in. I stuck my tongue out at him, struggling to keep him away.
   "Get. Off." He whispered through his teeth. 
   "Never!" I whispered back. As we both tried to squeeze ourselves into the seat, we didn't even notice Sam starting to open her eyes.
   
   Sam POV
 
   I turned over in my seat and opened my eyes, expecting to see baby Taeil smiling back at me. But instead what I saw left me surprised and confused. P.O. sat where Taeil was once sitting before I dozed off and Taeil was practically on top of him. They were squirming around, trying to get the other one off, whisper-shouting at one another.   
   "Um, guys?" I rubbed my eyes and sat up straight.
   They froze immediately and snapped their gaze toward me. "Oh, Sam. Did you have a nice nap?" Taeil said, trying to avoid explaining what was going on.
   I slouched my shoulders and put my hands in my hoodie's front pocket. "Would you boys care to explain why you two are suddenly sharing this seat?"
   They looked at each other, then back to me. They both started laughing nervously. "I just...was...helping Taeil hyung out of his seat. We were switching when suddenly the plane shook and he fell back on me. That's it." P.O. explained, Taeil glaring at him for some reason.
   I narrowed my eyes. "Ok...why were you switching seats, Taeil?" I'm not going to lie, it did hurt my feelings a bit that he would up and switch seats without telling me.
   Taeil hesitated. "Because...Jihoon asked me to...now I'll just...go sit over there..." He got off of the maknae and sat in a seat away from us.
   "Ok then..." I was still a bit foggy from sleep. I smoothed my hair down and sat back in my seat. "So then, why did you want to switch seats?"
   P.O. shrugged. "Would you believe it if I said I missed your company?"
   "Hmm," I contemplated. "No." I smiled up at him teasingly. I brightened up and bounced in my seat. "Ooh, I have an excellent idea for what we can do tonight!" 
   He looked at me with a quizzical look. "Random outburst of excitement..."
   I chuckled and calmed down a bit. "I know this awesome club we can go to when you guys are done with the signing! When I used to live in Japan, there was this young couple who lived next to us that used to go there all the time. They would come back laughing and saying how much fun they had. It'll be great for you guys to unwind!"
   He brightened up too now. "That sounds great!"
   I stood up so I could be heard by the others. "Hey guys, we're going out tonight! Right after the signing, come back to the hotel, get ready and I'll meet you guys in the lobby. Be prepared, ladies!"
   They all "whooped" and high-fived. I sat back down with a smirk. To be honest, this idea wasn't really to get them unwound. It was me who just wanted to get out. I've been cooped up in that damn dorm, only leaving for errands. You bet I'm going to loosen up tonight. 
   And the best thing is, Japan is very lenient on checking IDs.

Now I absolutely can't wait to update *_*

I have juicy plans for the next chapter... >:]