Got A Love

Living On the Block

 

  I lied in my bed back at the dorm, staring up at the ceiling. A vague smile spread across my face as I watched the blades of the fan rotate. It felt so peaceful in there, even though there was ruckus going about outside my door. The boys bought a new game system, so they were pretty occupied for the time being. 

   I could hear Zico obviously winning, U-Kwon loudly trash talking, Jaehyo begging to win, and P.O. laughing. I'm guessing the others were silently watching the gamers and patiently waiting for someone to lose so that they could replace them and hopefully defeat the winner.
   But with all of that going on just in the other room, I found myself the most relaxed than I've ever been since moving in. I slowly let my eyelids droop down to surround me in darkness, my lips still formed into a soft smile. I just kept my mind on the rise and fall of my chest and how incredibly comfy my bed suddenly was.
   But of course, this state of rest didn't last very long.
   My eyes snapped open as P.O. comes barging in, a grin spread across his face and arms up in victory. He stepped onto my bed and looked down on me. "WOOT! VICTORY IS MINE!"
   I rolled my eyes, looking up at him very bemusedly. 
   He crouched down, still grinning ear to ear. "Aren't you going to congratulate your man in a way fitting of a winner?"
   Oh I got your congratulations. I grabbed my pillow and socked him over the head with it. He stumbled back onto his from the blow.
   "That wasn't a very fitting congrats..."
   "Oh, I think it was. You won a video game, not a Nobel Peace Prize." I sat up on my knees and rubbed my eyes. "You disturbed my rest."
   P.O. looked at me with concern. "Oh, I'm sorry, baby. I was just excited. Want me to sing you to sleep?"
   I looked at him with repulse. "That sounds about as appealing as getting jabbed in the face with a walrus tusk." I muttered.
   He gave me a look. "What's that supposed to mean?"
   I gave him a patronizing smile. "Well, sweetie, let's just say you should stick to rapping..." I cringed when he started to pout. I crawled into his lap and wrapped my arms around his neck. "But you're really good at rapping! It makes you sound even more y." That made him smile.
   P.O. gave me a peck on the lips. "So, when are we telling the others about this?"
   I ran my fingers through his hair. "About what?"
   He chuckled. "About us, silly. You haven't told any of them, right?"
   I thought back. I don't remember ever spilling the beans about us to anyone. I just didn't think it was that important. As long as we're both happy, who cares who knows? "Nope, don't believe I have. Why?"
   "Well," He pressed his forehead against mine and looked me in the eyes. "I think we should tell them."
   I raised an eyebrow. "Why?" I whispered.
   "So they know."
   "Why?"
   "So they'll know you're mine!"
   "...Why?" I smiled, knowing that I was pushing his buttons.
   He sighed . "Can you please stop saying that?"
   I laughed and leaned away from him. "I don't see why it's such a big deal for them to know about our relationship. I'm sure they're all smart enough to put two and two together when they see us holding hands, or kissing. We don't need some big coming out announcement."
   P.O. pouted. "It's just that, Jaehyo hyung keeps on talking about you and wanting to buy you stuff; trying to impress you. I think if we tell them, he'll back off."
   I scoffed. "Jaehyo wants to buy me stuff to impress me? Like what kind of stuff?"
   "He heard you were freaking out over some designer shoes and he's thinking about getting them for you. Isn't that such a douche-y way to get a girl?"
   I perked up. "Well, gee, I don't know. Maybe we should just wait it out and see how that goes." If this was true, Jaehyo really knew the way to a girl's heart! "If he does get them for me, I can just accept the gift, then we can tell everyone that we're together. I mean, it'd be rude of me to decline such a nice gesture." A good part of me was begging P.O. to agree with me. The other half already knew the answer.
   "No! If you do that, you'll just be leading him on." P.O. rolled me off of him and stood in front of me.
   I bit my lip. "No I won't! It would just be a nice gesture on his part. Just let me take the shoes." I whined.
   P.O. shook his head at me. "You're not getting the shoes. At least, not from him, anyway."
   I sat back on my heels and stuck my bottom lip out. "This whole discussion is stupid. If you're so damn worried about it, go back in there and just tell them."
   He snorted. "They wouldn't believe me. You'd have to be there with me." 
   "Once again, stupid."
   "If you loved me, you'd do it."
   I threw myself back onto the pillows. "If you loved me, then you'd let me take a nap right now."
   "What have you done today to make you so tired?"
   "I'd say this conversation has taken quite a toll on my body."
   "You weenie."

  

 

      That night I made dinner for everyone. I could feel the surprise inside everyone, seeing as though I never cook unless it was a special occasion. Which made them start asking if it was one.

   "Woah, Sam, you're cooking?" Zico stated the obvious as I drained the pasta in a colander. "What's the occasion?"

   I turned to him and poked his nose. "You'll find out, nosy pants!" I poured the al-dente pasta back into its pot. I figured if I made their tummies happy, they'd be happy by default by mine and P.O.'s little announcement. Which I didn't really find a big of a deal in the first place, but this made Jihoonie happy. And I guess that made me happy.

   "So, what are you making exactly?" Kyung poked his head over the counter and eyeballed the pot full of pasta.

   "A vegetarian friendly dish-"

   "Of course." Both Zico and Kyung interrupted.

   I gave them both a look. "Yes, of course. Pasta in a creamy mushroom sauce. Will that satisfy you good sirs?"

   "Some meat would satisfy us, too..." Kyung muttered, making Zico snicker behind me.

   I made a disgusted noise. "You both know I don't touch any meat. If I'm cooking, it's going to be vegetarian." I waved a large cutting knife in Kyung's face.

   He backed away. "Ok, ok! But we better get to eat barbecue next week."

   Zico brightened up. "I'll ask manager hyung!" They high-fived and raced out of the kitchen.
   I rolled my eyes and unwrapped the packaged mushrooms. As I chopped, I was unaware of the person watching me. As soon as my eyes glazed up, I was startled to see Jaehyo staring back at me, his chin resting on the counter. 
   I jumped back, holding my hand over  my racing heart. "Damnit, Jaehyo, you startled me. What are you doing?" 
   He just stared back, dreamily. "How's your hickey?"
   I rubbed the spot on my neck where the bruise used to be. "Hush, Jaehyo, someone could hear you..." I whispered through my teeth. "And it's gone, thank God."
   Jaehyo pouted his bottom lip out. "Poo. Want to make another one?" 
   I gaped at him. "No! It was a one time thing, never again! And don't ever bring it up again." 
   Jaehyo sighed. "I just...wish you were into me as much as you were that night."
   I set the chopping knife down, my expression softening. "I'm sorry, Jae...I just don't. You need to move on from that night. I wasn't myself. It wasn't real."
   Jaehyo looked down in embarrassment. "That sad part is, I already know. I was just hoping. Well, I know better now not to do that." He started walking away, his head still bowed.
   I watched him leave with a heavy heart. Why was it all of a sudden in my life I became the heart breaker? I used to be such a people-pleaser. Now I'm making the people I love less than pleased. I a deep breath in and chopped mushrooms somberly.
   The boys all gathered around the too small table as I placed the big steamy bowl of pasta in the middle. I smiled as they all hungrily started filling their plates. I took my seat next to P.O. and we both looked at each other, smiling. I didn't know if I was the one who was supposed to say something or him. So I decided to be subtle about it- by lovingly kicking the side of his shin and giving him a "let's get this over with" look. 
   He winced at the kick I inflicted and stood, taking the hint. He cleared his throat. "Uh, hyungs..."
   They all looked up from their plates.
   "So...Sam has something she wants to say." P.O. quickly grabbed my hand and pulled me to my feet.
   I glared at him. He knew I didn't want to speak. I gave an exasperated sigh and crossed my arms in front of my chest. "Jihoon and I are together now." I spat out.
   It took them all a moment to register what I had just said. But Taeil smiled as soon as I said it, and that made me smile all over again. He was happy that I was happy. 
   Suddenly, Zico started a slow clap build up, that eventually Kyung and U-Kwon joined in, then B-Bomb and Taeil, even Jaehyo- but he had a vague pained look on his face.
   "Well it's about damn time." Zico said over the applause. 
   I raised my eyebrow. "What do you mean? You knew?"
   Zico chuckled. "Well, I knew Jihoon had a crush on you, and I knew you'd eventually catch up on the same feeling. Who else knew?"
   Kyung, B-Bomb, and even Taeil raised their hands. I gawked at them all. "It was that predictable?" They all nodded. I looked up at P.O. He shrugged. "Well then...now that that's over...let's eat." The both of us sat back down in our chairs. 
   "Though I must admit," B-Bomb spoke up. "I really thought, for awhile, that you and Taeil hyung were going to get together." 
   I gripped my fork tightly in my hand and instinctively snapped my gaze up at Taeil. He blushed slightly at the comment, and, hell, I did too. 
   "Me too." P.O. admitted. I blinked at him. Why did he admit that?
   Taeil stifled a laugh. "I did too..." He muttered.
   I swallowed hard. Why was this such a touchy topic with me? Maybe because it was still a fresh wound? It felt like that band aid had been ripped off a long time ago just earlier, but now the stinging sensation was somehow back. "To be honest..." I murmured. "I really thought so, too."

    Suddenly, I felt warmth around my hand. I gazed up at P.O., his hand over mine and giving it a gentle squeeze. And just like that, the stinging was gone, and we shared a smile.

 


 

So I started my new story (it's Big Bang). It's gotten a couple of awesome reviews. Soooo you should go check it out...

Look at me myself around!

 

By the way, I'm totally addicted to Gangnam Style. 

Here is some gif spam~

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

K, I'm done v_v