Birthday Date Part 2

Living On the Block

 

Sam POV

   

   All the boys piled into the van, while I on the other hand got into my new car the company provided me. They thought that since I was the only one with a driver's license I could be the one to pick things up and run errands for the guys. But I told them I wasn't a freakin' butler and took the car anyways. 

   I saw the look on everyone's face as I drove off in my own little car while they were all cramped in one van. I smirked and waved to them as I pulled into the street. Making my way to the mall, I popped my new Block B CD into the player sneakily, as though the boys would catch me even though they were in a different vehicle two cars behind me. As "Halo" started to play, I couldn't help but smile. It pained my pride to say this but...I was a BBC. Like hell I was going to admit it, though.
   I sat on a bench at the entrance of the mall, waiting for them to make their way to me. I did get some stares, a few passing glances. Oh, but not because I was getting checked out or anything.
   "Weigookin!" A little boy exclaimed and pointed as he and his mother walked by. The mother didn't say anything to her son. She just smiled at him and picked him up. 
   Yep, really the only reason people out and about acknowledge me is to point out that I am a foreigner. It didn't upset me, not a bit. It kind of made me laugh. And when I reply with something in fluent Korean, I love the surprised look on their faces. 
   "Annyeong, Weigookin!" I turned when I heard P.O.'s voice. They all walked up to me and I stood. 
   "Annyeong, annoying maknae." I greeted with a smirk. "Let's get this over with, ladies." I slid my sunglasses on top of my head and we made our way inside.
   "Let's get something to eat." U-Kwon suggested.
   "I want to go shop!" Jaehyo said, shaking my shoulders from behind excitedly.
   "I agree with Yukwon, let's eat." Zico said.
   "I wanna play in the arcade!" P.O. exclaimed.
   "That'll be fun." said B-Bomb.
   "I just want to walk around and look at stuff." Kyung said, scoping the place out.
   "I think Sam should decide where we go first. We came here to cheer her up, right?" Taeil said, following close next to me.
   I turned to him and smiled. "You're so cute, Taeil. But I don't really care what you guys do." I linked my arm with Taeil's. "As long as I'm with you, I'm all good." 
   P.O. squeezed in between us and linked his arms with ours. "I'll go anywhere you want to go, Sam."
   I slid my arm away from P.O.'s. "Ok then.... I say that we should split into groups. That way we can do what we want to easier. Two groups. Zico can be the leader of one and-"
   "And you can be the leader of the other." Zico suggested. 
   "Uhhh..." I hesitated. But before I could refuse the offer, P.O. interjected.
   "I'm on Sam's team!" He exclaimed, and some of the others were jumping on the bandwagon.
   "I'll go with Sam too." B-Bomb said as they were starting to divide themselves onto sides.
   I grabbed onto Taeil so he wouldn't wander off to the other side. "I hate how you guys do this. Every time I say no to something you do it anyways!" They all just looked at me like they didn't understand. I finally sighed and I gave in. "Fine. My team will be me, Taeil, B-Bomb, and P.O. Zico's team will be him, U-Kwon, Kyung, and Jaehyo. Everybody happy?" They nodded with grins on their faces. "Let's go then." I led my group in one direction while Zico led his the other way.
   My boys and I walked the corridors of the mall. "Minhyuk and Jihoon wanted to go to the arcade, right?" I asked.
   The two boys nodded. "Yeah, it's right around this corner, if I remember." B-Bomb pointed to the dim place with ARCADE lit up in neon green lights on top. 
   "Looks...fun..." I said as we made our way inside.
   I stood back and watched P.O. and B-Bomb run around and play the different games and Taeil calmly play skee-ball. I looked around the place. It was a lively atmosphere, younger teens and children ran around the place, running a muck and having fun. I smiled at a pair of young female twins fighting over a stuffed unicorn they must've payed for with combined tickets. I squinted, looking at the fluffy white unicorn with pink hoofs and a rainbow horn hanging there on the prize wall behind the counter.
   Hmm...a thousand tickets, eh? I glanced over at P.O.. He was glued to a whack-a-mole game, concentration written all over his face. I glanced down at the ticket slot. A long strip of tickets lie on the floor, doubled over three times, with more still coming out.
    I turned to where B-Bomb was. He was at a dance dance revolution game, battling a little school girl that couldn't have been older than seven years old. I shook my head. Why was the main dancer of a k-pop music group battling a young girl at a game of dance dance revolution? I looked down at his stream of tickets. I guess he's been battling other people this whole time, because he was hitting the jackpot. Kick that girl's , Minhyuk! I cheered mentally.
   When I looked back at Taeil at the skee-ball area, I was surprised to see him making perfect scores. He was flowing in tickets as well. Soon my unicorn, you shall be mine. Bwahaha! All I had to do was convince them to give up their tickets to get me it. 
   Piece of cake.
   I strolled on up to Minhyuk once he stepped down from the game's platform to collect all of his tickets. "Oh B-Bombieeee," I said, tapping his shoulder.
   He turned, tickets in hand. "Oh hi Sam. Have you played any games yet?"
   I shook my head, trying to look sad. "No, unfortunately I at almost all of these games. And I...I really wanted that unicorn up there on the prize wall. Could you help me out...oppa?" I threw in that last part for extra aegyo. And I stuck my bottom lip out slightly, not too much for it to look fake though.
   He nodded and held out the bunch of tickets. "Here, just take mine. It'll be easy to get the same amount back." 
   I smiled and took them hesitantly. "Are you sure...? You're the sweetest, Minhyukie." I gave him a quick hug before skipping off the other way. I stuffed the tickets into my satchel once I was sure I was out of his sight. After that I went up next to Taeil and stuck a coin in the skee ball game next to him.
   I threw the ball and watched it roll down the lane and into the lowest score hole. "Aw man!" I cried just as Taeil made it into the highest score hole, therefore making much more tickets. "Taeil, you're so good at it. I wish I had as many tickets as you, so I can get that unicorn up there." I sighed and threw another ball, but with much less determination, so it fell without even getting into a hole.
   Taeil finished his game and tore his long stream of tickets out. "You can take mine. I was just going to give these to one of the children running around anyway." He offered them to me with a smile.
   I took the tickets gingerly. "Well, if you were going to give them away anyway..." I flashed a happy grin. "Thank you, Sharkie oppa!" I gave him a kiss on the cheek before running off out of his view. I stuffed those tickets into my satchel as well and made my way to P.O.. I was starting to feel a little bad. This was way too easy.
   P.O. had moved to a different game. Now he was on a motorcycle driving game. I walked up and stood next to the screen, watching him focus. "Hi, Jihoonie." I said playfully.
   The game ended, resulting in a nice flow of tickets from the slot. "Oh, hi Sam." He said with a smile as he slid off the fake motorcycle. "No tickets?"
   I looked down at the floor and pouted. "No, unfortunately."
   He reached down and added that strip with his other bundle of tickets. "Good, I was going to give these to you..." He held the bouquet up like they were flowers. 
   I raised an eyebrow. Could it be that he knew I was going around taking tickets from them? But that was impossible. All their games are widely separated with other games and people between them. "Oh...thank you." I said and took the tickets without hesitation. "That's really nice of you, P.O.." I said with a sweet smile. I was surprised by him. That maknae actually wasn't annoying me that day. He was actually being sincerely nice. And I really needed that today. I put the tickets in my satchel, and after that, I gave him a huge hug.
   He was surprised. I knew by his late reaction. "You're welcome." He said and hugged me back. I let go of him and left for the prize counter.
   I gave the man the tickets with a smirk. "I believe this will be more than enough for that lovely unicorn up there." The man nodded, exchanging the tickets for the plushie. 
   I hugged the plush like a child close to my chest as we made our way out of the arcade. "That was fun. I didn't think it would be fun, but it was." I said, smiling. "This is actually turning out to be a pretty good birthday."
   The others stopped and turned to me. "It's your birthday today?" B-Bomb asked.
   "Why didn't you say anything?" Taeil said.
   "I knew something was up!" P.O. exclaimed.
   I shrugged. "It's not a big deal. I always spent my birthday with my mom, but she couldn't get off today so I thought even if I did tell you guys it wouldn't make me any happier. But I am happy now, so I guess you guys can know." I smiled into the head of the unicorn.
   "We have to get you a cake now." P.O. said, leaning toward the cookie stand that had huge cookies that could be cakes.
   "Unnecessary. I got what I wanted. An you all contributed to it..." I said that last part low and into my plush.
   "Wait, what?" B-Bomb said.
   "Nothing. Let's go look at other stuff." I hopped onto an escalator and the others followed. As we passed through some of the women's clothing, the lingerie section was coming up. "Close your pure eyes, Taeil." I stuffed the unicorn's in Taeil's face to shield his vision.
   He laughed and waved my unicorn away. "My eyes aren't that pure. I live with these erts." 
   I smirked. "Oh yeah." 
   B-Bomb stopped, picking up a pink and black lace bra and pantie set. "Hey Sam, why don't you wear stuff like this?"
   I scoffed and snatched the underwear away from him. "You wouldn't even know if I did anyway!"
   "But I bet Jiho would." B-Bomb slapped his hand over his mouth, realizing what he just said.
   My eyes grew wide with shock. "What the hell did you just say?!" I handed the unicorn plush to Taeil, not wanting to rip its head off in anger.
   "I didn't say anything." Minhyuk said defensively.
   "You just said Zico would know! Why would he know, Minhyuk?" My voiced raised a little and some people were starting to look our way.
   "Oh I don't know..." He said in a low voice, bowing his head in embarrassment.
   "That bastard told you didn't he?! Who else did he tell?" I gave him a good smack in the back of his head.
   "Wait, what did Jiho hyung do?" P.O. asked, still in the dark. Taeil looked pretty confused too.
   "Don't worry about it." I said through my teeth. "Who else did he tell!"
   "Jaehyo and Kyung, that's it." B-Bomb said, looking pretty honest.
   I huffed and set the y little outfit back on the wrack. "I'm going to kill him. Say goodbye to your leader, boys." I started to stomp off, but B-Bomb grabbed me by the shoulder and pulled me back. 
   "He promised me not to tell you!"
   "He promised me he wouldn't tell anyone!"
   "Can someone please tell me what's going on?" P.O. pleaded.
   "No!" Both me and B-Bomb said together.
   "Can you tell me then?" Taeil asked.
   "Ok, Taeil." I gave in and whispered it into his ear. B-Bomb gawked at me in disbelief. And once I was done telling Taeil he did the same thing.
   "So, he...?" Taeil said without finishing his sentence.
   I nodded uncomfortably. "Yes, he saw them."
   Taeil still stood there in disbelief. I sighed heavily. "I just want to forget about it. No one bring it up again!"
   "There's nothing for me to even bring up seeing as though I have no clue what's going on!" P.O. pouted. I grabbed his wrist and dragged him out of the lingerie section as we all made our way back to the front of the mall.
   "It's ok, P.O., U-Kwon doesn't have a clue either." I tried to console him, but he still looked curious.
   We met the other team at the front and I confessed to them that it was in fact my birthday. They made a big deal about it, of course. 
   They dragged me to a great restaurant and made me sit through waiters singing 'Happy Birthday' to me for five minutes. People stared. I even got a free desert.
   Damn them.
   And for some reason, U-Kwon was acting funny around me. I wonder why...
 
 
Kyung POV
 
I might have told Yukwon about Jiho and Sam's little incident....