Confrontation

Simple turned complicated

 

BaekHo’s POV

I’m on my bed turning left and right trying to get some sleep but to no avail. My eyes are wide open staring at the ceiling above me. I turned to the sound of Aron hyung snoring. Haiz…I envy him. I wish I can sleep that soundly too. I got up from the bed and sat by the window sill. The scary strong glare of JR’s kept repeating in my mind. Brrr…It just gave me the chills. Come to think of it, I hadn’t talk to Minki seen Minki for quite some time. He was so cute sleeping on JR’s back. Unknowingly, my smile gotten wider thinking about that moment. It makes me feel happy. “Minki a, I guess I really do love you.” I whispered to myself. Thinking of that, I quietly tip-toed to the other side of the bedroom to go next door. I opened the door and saw my angel Minki sleeping soundly on his bed. Oh my, he’s so cute. My cheeks started to blush then my eyes landed on MinHyun then to JR. I came back to my senses when JR turned around letting me see his face. I quickly close the door and go back to my bedroom. I had already forgotten that Aron hyung is still in the room until I almost kicked his leg. I lied down on my bed and shut my eyes tight trying to get some sleep. I did try to count sheeps but the sight of JR’s glare keep appearing in my mind. When I open my eyes, it’s already morning. Guess I did get some sleep after all. I turned around to find Aron hyung not in his bed. He must have already been awake. I’m still feeling sleepy so I just stayed in bed until I fall asleep again.

I heard a knock on the door in my half-awake state. I just ignored it because I was too lazy to get up from my bed to open the door. “Ya! Open the door!” I heard Minki shouting from outside the room but my whole body feels so heavy to move. “Just open it yourself!” I shouted back still lying lazily on my bed. “I can’t. It’s lock.” It’s lock? I don’t remember locking the door. I don’t remember getting up from my bed even. I pushed myself up and dragged my feet to the door. “Ya! Why did you lock the door?” Minki asked standing right in front of the door when I open it. “I didn’t lock it.” I lazily walk back to my bed and lay down again. Somehow I just feels so sleepy. “You didn’t? Then who did? It’s not like the door will lock itself.” Minki followed me and sat on Aron hyung’s bed beside mine when suddenly I heard Aron hyung’s voice. “Sorry! Sorry! I accidentally lock the door on the way out. I just realize it when I wanted to get back in the room.” Both Minki and I looked at Aron hyung who’s standing at the door apologizing. “Why didn’t you knock the door and ask BaekHo to open it then?” Minki asked Aron hyung who just came in the room to take something. “Well, I did but there was no answer.” Both of them looked at me but I just buried my head under the pillow trying to get back to sleep. “Ya! Wake up! It’s already the afternoon. Haven’t you had enough sleep?” No, I haven’t I was just able to get some sleep. Minki keep hitting me non-stop till I finally gave up and got up. I was so tired that I’m practically sleeping with my eyes open sitting on my bed. “Say…I haven’t seen you around these two days. Where have you been?” I got panicked at Minki’s sudden question. “I-I, I went to…” I stuttered, trying to find a good excuse to cover up. Minki doesn’t know that JR likes him yet. Just then, my savior, MinHyun arrives. “Minki, BaekHo, come on down. It’s lunch time.” Minki got up from his seat and went over to MinHyun who’s at the door. I felt relieved that I don’t have to find an excuse to answer him anymore. Just when he was about to go along with MinHyun, he came back towards me. My heart was beating fast, afraid that he would ask me again. Luckily, all he did was just pull me out of my bed and into the shower room. “Brush your teeth and wash your face before coming down for lunch.” He smiled at me and closed the door before going off. Thank God! I don’t know what I would have said if he insisted on an answer.

I locked myself in the room right after lunch. Minki came and knocked on the door a few times but I ignored it. I still have something to think about, something to decide. When it was about dinner time, Minki came and knock on the door again. It seems like he’s angry yelling from behind the door while banging and kicking. This time I hesitated a little before I rush to open the door and pulled Minki tightly into my arms. “Baek-BaekHo ya, you’re choking me!” I just realize that I was holding onto him too tightly. “I-I-I I’m sorry.” I let go of him to see him choking from being strangled by me. “What do you think you were doing?” I stood still in silent. “It’s almost dinner time. MinHyun asked me to call you.” Minki was about to head out toward the door when I stop him. I tightly shut the door and lock it. “BaekHo ya…” Minki looked confused standing in front of me. Looking at him, I gave him another hug before continuing. “Minki a, I missed you. I really miss you so much.” It’s not really my style to be doing this I really did miss him a lot during those two days. “I’m sorry I was away the past two days and not beside you.” Minki was expressionless. Even so, I continued, “Minki a, you know that I love you, right?” He didn’t give an answer. “Minki a, I love you. I really do.” I hugged him once again while trying to control my tears. Minki lightly hug me back and that made me almost tear out. “Minki, I promise you that I’ll never let you go. Never ever will.” I lightly gave a peck on Minki’s forehead. After I let go of him, his expression doesn’t look good. He opened the door and walked off leaving me standing in the room in confusion.

After dinner, I patiently waited until JR was alone. I asked to talk to him at the garden behind the house. I check about the other’s whereabouts before asking JR to follow me. I gently close the kitchen door so that no one hears it. I took a deep breath before confronting JR. “JR, I have something to tell you.” I may look calm in front of JR but my insides are all shaking out of nervousness. “I’ve been doing a lot of thinking lately and…” I couldn’t continue while looking at JR. “And…and…I want to tell you that I cannot let go of Minki just because you love him first.” I stood there frozen while waiting for JR’s answer. “Cannot let go of Minki?” JR took 3 steps towards me. “What do you mean you cannot let go of Minki? Do you think that your love for Minki is enough to say that?” I couldn’t spit out a single word. “Have you even love Minki enough to even say that?” JR’s voice got a little louder as he advances and I took a step back. “Why are you not answering me? Huh?!” JR looks angry. “I-I-I…” My hands and legs started to shake. “You can’t answer me? Do you even love Minki at all?” I can’t let JR underestimate me. “I DO LOVE MINKI! I LOVE HIM VERY MUCH!” I shouted back out of anger. How can he say that I don’t love Minki at all? “You love Minki? Pfft…I don’t think so.” JR doesn’t seem to believe me. “Yes, I do. I do love him very much.” My anger rose again. “If you do love him, you wouldn’t have disappeared the past two days leaving Minki alone with us.” JR shouted back at me. “I told you I had been doing some thinking.” My heart feels regretful somehow. “Thinking? What is there to even think about? If you really do love Minki so much, you won’t even need to think about anything.” My heart sank even more. I’m starting to feel that what JR said made sense. “Do you know how much I have done just to protect Minki and make him happy? Do you even know how long I’ve loved him? I was originally planning to continue keeping it to myself but I never expect you and MinHyun to be there when I finally had the courage to confess to him. If you weren’t there, I don’t think we would even be talking to each other here.” I started to get confuse. “You…you weren’t planning to take Minki away from me?” JR puts one of his hands on my shoulder. “I wasn’t…until you showed up with MinHyun.” He pointed his index finger at me. Just then, I heard a loud bang from inside the house. JR and I both look through the kitchen window and saw Aron hyung standing there in confusion. Then I saw MinHyun rushing towards us. “Minki ran out of the house. Let’s go find him, quickly!” Upon hearing that, all of us dashes out of the house to look for him.