Bike ride

Simple turned complicated

 

A/N: I'm sorry I haven't been updating my dear readers. AFF server was down so I had to wait until they fixed the problem before continuing the story. If not it'll end up deleting my entire chapter after I finish writing it. I was depressed because of that. I spent 3 hours writing the entire chapter and AFF auto-deleted them.  T_T  It was also my fault not keeping a backup but now it's back to normal. YAY!


Ren’s POV

“No…no…No! NO!” I screamed and sprung up from my bed realizing that it was just a dream but I couldn’t remember what I have dreamt about the moment I opened my eyes. I looked around and saw Aron hyung sitting on the floor beside me. It looks like he fell down from the shock of my scream. As he got up and sat beside me he asked, “My dear princess, did you just have a bad dream?” with a smile while one of his hand went around my hugging my waist and the other patting my head while fixing my hair. Usually I will just push him away but today I’m in no mood for that so I just let him be. While I was still in my world of thoughts, he dragged me to the toilet and prepared my toothbrush. I don’t get why he’s always calling me princess and treating me like a baby. I mean, I am the same age as the rest of the members. When he was about to brush my teeth for me, I took the toothbrush and told him that I could brush my teeth myself. So he left me in toilet and told me he’s going to wake MinHyun up and I thought I was the only one in the room since Aron hyung was giving all his attention to me. When I’m done, I walked downstairs to find JR in the kitchen preparing breakfast. He turned around and saw me then greeted me with his wide smile. “Good morning, Minki. You’re just in time for breakfast.” I looked at the kitchen table and it’s full of food so I thought, JR must be in good mood today. My throat was abit dry since it’s the morning so I wanted to get a cup of warm water but JR had already prepared a cup of warm water on the table and told me to drink it before having breakfast. He invited me to sit down while waiting for Aron hyung and MinHyun to come down to have breakfast together. I sat down drinking the warm water slowly with an empty mind. I wasn’t thinking of anything at all.

Not long after, Aron hyung and MinHyun came down. I was slowly enjoying my meal while watching Aron hyung eats his. I mean, look at the speed he’s eating. It’s as if he’s been starved for days and wanted to stuff himself so that it can last him a few more days. Aron hyung normally doesn’t eat breakfast though. Maybe because JR’s cooking is too delicious. I was quietly eating my meal when I suddenly sense something or someone’s missing. I scanned through the kitchen and each one of them then realized that BaekHo’s missing. He couldn’t be still sleeping, could he? I thoughtlessly asked, “Is BaekHo still sleeping?” still eating my meal. JR and MinHyun looked at me with a shocked face then JR answered, “Er…BaekHo…he went out this morning.” I wonder where he had gone to so I asked again, “Where did he go?” This time, Aron hyung answered, “I don’t know. He didn’t tell me where he was going.” Aron hyung continued his meal while JR and MinHyun are still in shocked. It looks as if something is going on between them that I don’t know of and neither does Aron hyung, I guess. He wasn’t shocked at my question.  After our meal, MinHyun and I helped out to wash the dishes while Aron hyung and JR watched TV. When we’re done and sat down at the sofa in the living room, JR suddenly suggests that we go out. Aron hyung looks so excited and I thought that it would be good if we get to go out and lie down under the shade on the vast green field. I was just feeling happy while imagining myself lying down on the field until JR suggested something else. “Guys, how about a bike ride? I was thinking, A bike ride? Here? Do they even have bicycle rental stalls around here? Can’t we just lie down on the field and relax instead? Just then, JR answered as if he read my mind. “If found a bicycle rental stall nearby and we can cycle to the mountains and see the sunset.” I got excited at the thought of getting to see the sunset on the mountains. I remember the feeling when I went to see stars with JR last time. It felt so good.

I was the first to get out of the house before the rest. Luckily our manager let us to go because it is supposed to be our vacation. I was happily skipping around with Aron hyung while JR and MinHyun walked behind us. I noticed they were seriously chit-chatting about something but I couldn’t care less since I’m going to see the sunset. Ah, so nice! When we reached the rental stall, we rented four mountain bikes so that we can cycle up the mountain to see the sunset. Aron hyung and I were racing to get there first. Surprisingly, the roads along the mountains are nicely paved. I thought it’s going to be a tough ride. The scenery around were so beautiful I had to stop and take a picture. I haven’t seen such beautiful scenery before. The feeling was really great. I wish I can bring my family here one day.

I took us quite some time to the reach peak. The scenery was so beautiful. I put down my bike beside the tree sat on the green grass on the shade. The feeling was really great but because we went there too early, it’s only lunch time so the sun is not going to set anytime soon. We had to stay there and wait until it’s time. Luckily they have a small arcade and a restaurant on the peak. We ate our lunch and play some games in the arcade until it’s time to see the sunset.

I sat back down under the tree that I found earlier and looked at the bright yellowish orange sun setting in between the mountains. It’s so beautiful. I took a picture and sent it to my mum saying that I’ll bring her and the whole family here one day. We even played hide and seek but we had to cycle down before nightfall because it’ll be hard to see the road at night. By the time we reach the bottom, I was already exhausted. We went to a restaurant nearby the rental stall after returning the bikes for dinner. Since I’m so tired, I’m not that hungry so I ate very little. I was so lazy to walk back to the house even though the distance isn’t that far. JR offered to carry me but of course I rejected it because I thought that he would be tired as well so I didn’t want to burden him but he insisted and got me on his back. The only thing I remember by the time I woke up when JR called me to wash myself before going back to sleep is being on his back.

─ ─

MinHyun’s POV

While JR and I were walking behind Ren and Aron who was happily skipping around, I had the urge to ask JR whether if he knows where BaekHo went and what he is doing. BaekHo couldn’t be going out somewhere doing nothing. 

“JR, do you know where BaekHo went?” I asked.

“I don’t know. Aron hyung said he didn’t tell. I just woke up when I saw him leaving the house.” JR replied.

“I wonder where he went. It’s been two days already.” I spoke softly.

“Two days?” JR looked at me clueless. Don’t know whether he’s pretending not to know or really doesn’t know.

“Yes, two days. Don’t tell me you didn’t realize. He’s been going out early and coming back late for two days now. I wonder what he is up to.” I tried to ask JR to see what he’ll answer.

“Hmm…I don’t know but I’m glad that Minki is so happy. Just look at him, he’s so enjoying this.” JR smile got wider just looking at the happily skipping Minki in front of him. He doesn’t even care about BaekHo and all he thinks about is Minki? I thought to myself.

“Minki…does he even realize that BaekHo’s gone for two days?” I muttered.

“What?” JR asked after he heard something I muttered.

“Nah, it’s nothing.” I pretended and pointed at the rental stall to JR, “Look, we’re almost there.”

“Let’s catch up with both of them.” JR walked faster and I followed.

We rented 4 mountain bikes because JR said we have to cycle up the mountain to see the sunset. Aron and Minki sprinted away after they got the bike while JR and I were still at the rental stall. I’m happy to see Minki excited although BaekHo hasn’t talk to him for two days. I thought he would be upset and depress but I guess not. Well, their relationship just started anyway so I shouldn’t worry too much about him. But, what I’m worry about is JR who’s standing in front of me. It may look like it’s nothing but I’m thinking that he has something in his mind that he isn’t telling. I got a very strange feeling. I just don’t know why.

When we reach the peak, it was only lunch time because Aron hyung and Minki sprinted away so we had to catch up with them. I suggested that we have our lunch first at the restaurant and JR spotted an arcade store near it. It’s been a long time since I last played arcade games. JR is giving so much attention to Minki as if they were the only ones around. The look in his eyes when he’s looking at Minki is so passionate. The weird thing is, he doesn’t really care even if Aron hyung gets so close to Minki but it was different with BaekHo few days ago. Guess he already figured out about BaekHo and Minki.

After our 2 hours arcade game, we finally came out to see the sunset. It was so beautiful. It looked as if it had taken away all my worries with it. The feeling was indescribable. Aron hyung wanted to play hide and seek so we did. I was the ‘it’ person but Aron hyung was so easy to be found. I found him in less than a minute. Never knew he’s so bad at hide and seek. Minki was the hardest to find. All of us had to look for him then gave up and called him out instead since the sky is getting dark. We cycled back down to the rental stall just before its closing time. Aron hyung was complaining that he’s hungry so we ate dinner at a restaurant nearby. Minki looked so exhausted during dinner. He didn’t look like he wanted to eat after a few scoop so I fed him a little bit more before he fell asleep on the table. JR took his head off the table on put on his lap. We’re done eating 5 minutes later and called Minki up. Aron hyung and I were walking together and he still have so much energy left in him after eating. I couldn’t believe this guy. When I turned around, JR was carrying Minki on his back. I guess Minki must be very exhausted. He’s already sleeping on his back.

I opened the door to the house when I saw BaekHo standing worriedly in front of the door. He seemed relieved after seeing JR and Minki together. BaekHo suddenly looked scared when JR passed by in front of him. I saw JR glaring strongly at him then carried Minki upstairs. “BaekHo a, sorry we came back so late. I should have called. Sorry for making you worried.” I tried to calm BaekHo down. “Nah, it’s okay.” He answered with his body facing me but his eyes looking at JR carrying Minki upstairs. I'm tired as well so I didn't talk to him long and went up to sleep.

 


A/N: I was watching the tight Olympic badminton match while writing this. Datuk Lee Chong Wei lost to Lin Dan. I'm sad but I'm very proud of him! 

FYI, I like BaekRen, JRen, MinRen and ARen. I’m not against any of it. I just love Ren and the rest of the members. ^^ I just love NU'EST as a whole.