It can't be...

Simple turned complicated

BaekHo is busy cleaning up the place and playing happily with Aron and MinHyun after dinner. He didn't realise JR and Ren weren't around until after he finished cleaning up and was looking around for Ren.

"Have you guys seen Minki around?" BaekHo asks searching for Ren in and out of the house, worried.

"I think I saw him with JR just now." Aron replied while wiping off the last plate he was holding.

"JR?" BaekHo just realised that JR is missing too.

"I think both of them went out for a walk. Don't worry, JR is with Minki so they should be alright." MinHyun pat BaekHo's back while passing by him at the kitchn door and sat down on the sofa in the living room, watching TV.

"Ya, don't worry. They'll be fine." Aron too pat on BaekHo's back and joined MinHyun in watching TV.

BaekHo is really worried about Ren being alone with JR and it is dark outside but there's nothing he can do so he joined MinHyun and Aron in watching TV. Every minute, BaekHo gets even more worried. After around 10 minutes or so, he couldn't stand it anymore and went to search for his phone to see if there's any miss calls from Ren. To his surprise, there wasn't. He searched through his contact list and called Ren. The was a ringing tone but no answer. He patiently waited until Ren answers but his call was rejected. He got even more surprised. Why did he reject my call? He thought to himself but couldn't find an answer. He tried to call again but this time the phone is off. What is going on? First he reject my call and now he turned off his phone? BaekHo stared at his phone blankly. MinHyun decided to call JR instead. 

"Hello?" MinHyun started right after JR answered.

"Yes, MinHyun." JR replied.

"Where are you? Are you with Minki?" BaekHo took away the phone from MinHyun and started questioning.

"Don't worry about us." JR calmly replied.

"Are you sure you'll be alright?" MinHyun took back the phone from BaekHo.

"We'll be fine."

"You sure? What time will you be coming back?" MinHyun asks to make sure.

"Ya, we'll be back a little bit late."

"Alright then. Take care. Bye." MinHyun puts down his phone after JR ended it.

 

"So, where are they? What are they doing? When will they be back? Is Minki alright?" questions start pouring out of BaekHo's mouth.

"Stop." MinHyun puts a finger on BaekHo's mouth to stop him from questioning. "Minki is with JR. They went out for a walk so you don't have to worry."

"Come on, Minki and JR are grown boys. They're not small kids. They'll be fine. Even if Ren were to be mistaken as a girl, JR is there to protect him as the so-called boyfriend." Aron laughs out loud at his own comment.

"Aron hyung..." MinHyun looks at Aron who is still laughing by himself on the sofa.

"I'm going out to find them." BaekHo took his jacket and charged right out of the house.

"Baek...Ho...." MinHyun was too late to stop him. "Aron hyung, I'm going to go with him." MinHyun too took his jacket and went straight out.

"Wa-wait." Aron couldn't stop MinHyun. "Great! Now I'm all alone. What should I do? Let's just watch TV until they come back." Aron talked to himself.

 

─ ─

 

"BaekHo, wait for me!" MinHyun tries hard to catch up.

"MinHyun, what are you doing here?" BaekHo was surprised that MinHyun followed him.

"It's dangerous to go out alone so I'm following you." MinHyun stopped and catch his breath.

"I'm just going to look for Minki and JR." 

"You're not looking for JR. You're looking for Minki." MinHyun caught BaekHo.

"H-how did you know?" BaekHo looked at MinHyun, surprised.

"I already know about you two."

"B-b-but...how?" BaekHo is still surprised.

"I wanted to get a cup of water until I saw you two downstairs. I heard everything." MinHyun explains. 

"So, you know everything?" MinHyun nodded.

"BaekHo a, can you let JR and Minki be alone awhile?" MinHyun asks BaekHo.

"B-but why?" BaekHo wonders.

"Well, there's just something...."

"Something what? Spill it." BaekHo tries to dig out an answer from MinHyun but he kept quiet. "Come on..."

"I can't say it." MinHyun looks down on the floor avoiding BaekHo's eye contact.

"If you can't say it then I'm just going to look for them." BaekHo rushed off again. 

"Baek-baekho ya!" MinHyun tries to stop him but lost the sight of him instead. He went after him.

 

─ ─

 

BaekHo's POV

"I wonder what is it that MinHyun don't want to let me know?" BaekHo ran and ran around to find Ren. "Where is this Minki? Where did they go?" He took out his phone to realise that JR too turned off his phone. "ISH! What are they up too? Don't they know that somebody is so worried about them?" He put back his phone in his pocket and started searching again. His body all covered in sweat while looking for JR and Minki. He sat down at a nearby staircase for a quick rest. "Where the hell have this two gone to? I've search everywhere." He stood up and stretch to continue looking for them again. He looked at the stairs he sat on. "I wonder where this leads to?" He looked up the long trail of staircase. "Since they are nowhere to be found and this is the only place I haven't search..." he ran up the stairs in hope of finding them.

When he's finally up on the hill, he saw JR and Ren sitting next to each other. "There they are." BaekHo felt relieved that he finally found them. He wanted to approach them but stopped when Ren suddenly gets up. He hid behind a tree to see what the two were doing. His hand slowly formed into a fist and the other grabbing harder onto the tree bark. He could not believe what he was seeing. And because he wasn't that far away from them, he could clearly hear their conversation. At that moment, he felt pain. He put his hand where his heart is, trying to endure the pain. "What is this? Why am I feeling like this?" He could not understand what he is feeling.

Right then, MinHyun found BaekHo who was sitting down with his back lying on the tree. He went straight to BaekHo and found him in pain. MinHyun looks across the direction where his back was facing and found JR and Ren. He finally understands the situation. He sat down beside BaekHo and tries to comfort him by patting on his back. BaekHo soon burst into silent tears when he heard the words JR whispered to Ren's ear. "Minki a...I love you."

 


 

A/N: I feel really sad writing this story. I almost cried while writing it. Maybe I got too emotional. *wipes tears*

By the way, have you seen Nu'est on Mnet Wide News "Idol Star Olympics"? If you haven't here's the link to it. My first time seeing them like this. =D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMixpwFvyI4&feature=plcp

I wish Nu'est will apppear on Running Man soon. I want to see them get chased by Kim Jong Kook! Haha~