A Soup and A Hand to Hold

I'm In Love With My BF ♥

[Jaemin’s POV]

Walking around, doing nothing. That’s what Key and I were up to right now. This is our past time. Walk around, chat about everything under the sun. When we got tired, we laid down in our usual spot. Under the shady tree where we can look at the sky and make figures out of the clouds.

“Yah, Key-ah. I think, I can beat you with this. I can see your face. There, look there!” I couldn’t stop laughing until my stomach ached. “It’s you with your obnoxious annoyed expression!”

Key hid his stubbornness. I know he wants to complain but the rule states: No complaining!

 I sat up and he did too. Then, I gave him a strong ttakbam.

 “Yah! It hurts!” He touched his forehead that is now as red as a tomato. Hahaha! “I hit you lightly! How can you be so rude to me??”

 “Who told you to hit me lightly? That’s what you get from going easy on me.”

 “Hey guys!” We looked around and saw our group of friends. Minho, the charismatic cute guy (he’s really cute I think I have a crush on him ^^), Onew, the clown of our group, and Jong—

Wait, Jonghyun’s not here?  And Hea-unni too.

“Jinja? I didn’t notice it. Anyway, what are you guys doing here?”

“We were just… Uhmm… You know…” Key stuttered in between words. What’s with him? “Aish! What’s with the interrogation?” Key put his arms over me and hugged me until we were both lying down again.

“Yah!!! Key!!! Stop that! I can’t… I can’t breathe!” He’s suffocating me! His strong arms are wrapped around me and I’m no match. I want to tell him, Yah! I’m still a girl!

“Aigo! Minho, don’t they look cute?” I heard Onew-oppa saying to Minho though I couldn’t see it because of Key who’s still hugging me.

“Are you sure you guys are not… You know?” Minho started asking hesitantly, his voice husky as always.

I managed to push Key away from me then stood up. It’s embarrassing. Them seeing us like this in our private moment. OMO! What am I saying?? It’s not like we’re a couple or anything. Tsk!

“I’m sure! Really, really, sure!” I said out loud.

“I’m done explaining!” We were disturbed by a loud voice of a girl and when we turned around, we were surprised to see Hea-unni and Jonghyun.

“Yah!!!” I was shocked at Jonghyun’s voice and tone. “I’m not yet done talking to you!” He grabbed Hea unni’s  arms before she could even walk away.

“Don’t touch me! I don’t want to talk to a stubborn, narrow-minded person like you!” Omo. Hea’s being hysterical.

“Jonhyun-ah, Hea!” Key’s voice roared. Hea and Jonghyun stopped but threw death glares at each other. We were standing behind Key. It’s rare for me to see him like this.

******

[Key’s POV]

“I just can’t calm down ok?! What would you do if your girlfriend cheated on you? You cant expect me to just sit there and act like I’m cool about everything!”

“But, don’t you think—” Minho tried to say something but like before, was cut off.

“He’s with that… That junior all day long! And for the whole week!” Jonghyun hit the table and my cappuccino spilled . Aigo.

I ignored the spilled coffee and tried my luck in speaking. “Jonghyun-ah, maybe Hea’s just—”

“I can’t control her anymore!” he blabbered again.

Onew-hyung looked at me and shook his head lightly. I know he doesn’t like whats happening to the two of them and how Jonghyun’s acting. “Jonghyun-ah. You and Hea should at least talk to—”

“I cant stand her!”

“Yah! Let us speak first will you??!” I shouted when I couldn’t take it anymore.

Good. Everyone became silent.

******

[Jaemin’s POV]

“He doesn’t understand me. He just cant! I don’t know why I fell in love with that heartless monster anyway.” Hae-unni blew her nose on the tissue I gave her. She’s laying her head on my shoulder, crying and crying, and crying. I can feel my uniform starting to soak with tears.

“Unni, don’t think like that.” I slid my hand on the tissue dispenser. Shoot. No more tissue. I handed her my hanky instead in which she wiped her tears with and… Blew her nose again.

“I love that idiot so much. How can he accuse me of cheating?”

After a few hours of Hea’s confiding and my advising, Hea and I parted.

******

“Poor Jonghyun,” said Key when I arrived at the gate of the school where he waited for me.

“It isn’t Jonghyun who’s aggravated. It’s Hea-unni.” I defended as I kicked a can while we walk.

“I don’t think so. It’s Jonghyun that had been taken for granted. Hea took him for granted for some junior guy.”

“Ani! You boys obviously don’t understand. Girls don’t always have to stick around you. Why do you boys always need attention? You want girls to do this, do that. How spiteful! Jinja!”

“That’s not the issue here. Its Hea’s behaviour over Jonghyun.”

“Jonghyun’s just jealous that’s why he’s acting that way.”

“But she gave her the motive to be jealous!” Key insisted.

“Duh?? She’s a member of the student council and of course she HAS to be with him almost everyday in school!” He really doesn’t understand can he? Aish!

“But it doesn’t have to go that far.”

I glared at Key. You know what? I hate him sometimes.

I rolled my eyes. I’m not even sure why we’re arguing about this. I know he doesn’t give up. He can’t accept defeat. Me neither. Maybe that’s why I think, most of the time, we have these kinds of simple arguments.

I grabbed my bag from Key but he restrained.

“Yah! Give my bag to me!” I yelled.

“What’s the matter with you? Why do you get angry all of a sudden??” He asked pulling back my bag.

I pulled it again and so the two of us were literally pulling the bag.

What the hell?! He won’t give it to me. Who damn cares I’m going home!

“Yah! Lee Jaemin! Where are you going??” Key shouted back as I started walking back home.

“Somewhere where I can’t see your face! So tired of you!”

******

I reached home and harshly turned the knob of the door.

Shoot! I forgot! It’s Thursday today and appa’s not home! And I’m supposed to sleep at Key’s... house. And in his... room. Gawd!

I don’t wanna go there! No way!

I stayed on the doorway for three hours and now I’m freezing to death! My teeth are clattering against each other. Gawd! I guess I have no choice but to sleep with that despiteful Key. Hmp!

I stood up and even if I don’t feel like it, I started walking fast before I freaking freeze to death out here.

******

Ding Dong.

“Oh, Jaemin dear it’s you.” Mrs Kim opened the door.

“Ahjumma, sorry I came home late.” I was catching my breath when I reach the Kim residence.

“Where’s Key?” She looked behind me. Huh? What is she saying?

“Uhmm, we kinda went home separately,” I said.

“Is that so? He’s not home yet. I wonder where that kid is.” Ahjumma seems really worried. “It’s raining already!”

I grab the umbrella from ahjumma. I think I know where he is.

“Aish! Stupid!” I said while running.

Finally, I reached the place. I knew he was here. This stupid hateful bestfriend of mine.

******

[Key’s POV]

Jaemin didn’t know I was following her. How can she be SO hard-headed? Aish!

I waited on the playground waiting for her to come out of their gate. But no signs of her for the next three hours. Pfft.

Sitting on the swing, I waited for her to come out. I’m almost freezing to death but I couldn’t care less. Her dad’s not home and she’s supposed to sleep at my house tonight.  I know she’s just playing stubborn. I know she is. I’ll wait for her until she changes her mind and comes out.

My hands started to freeze I couldn’t feel it anymore. My cheeks went numb. I didn’t know it could be this cold.

Sh*t. It suddenly started raining hard. So hard I feel like fainting because of the cold and the heavy raindrops. Ottoke? Jaemin’s bag’s wetting.

“You’re really stupid. Who told you to wait here for hours?”

“Jaemin.” I looked up to see her standing behind me holding an umbrella. I couldn’t help but smile despite her making me wait her for hours.

When we got home, I went straight to my room and she did too. I felt weak and shaky. My whole body starts to shiver.

“Key, what’s wrong?” she asked with worried face. I felt happy she’s somehow concerned. And managed top smile although it’s a weak one.

“Are you sick? Do you have fever?” Jaemin felt my neck with the back of her hand.

I held her hand on that place. “It’s so warm. Stay.” I hugged her arms.

“Yah! You have fever! You better dry up.”

She left and came back with a towel on her hand. I laid on my bed and now it’s soaking. Why is it so cold everywhere?

“Key, sit up. I’ll dry you.” She started wiping my face then my arms. I stared at her serious face as she was doing so. She’s really concentrating isn’t she?

“Lay down. Your condition might get worst.” she told me after she dried me up.

I went to the bathroom first and changed my clothes then laid down the bed. My body felt suddenly weighty. Where is Jaemin when I need her? I miss her already…

I closed my eyes then heard the door to my room open. I didn’t turn around to look but I know it’s Jaemin.

“Key, wake up first.” She tapped my shoulders and I was happy to see her again. “I, uh, cooked this soup for you.” She looks kind of shy when she said that.

“Are you sure my condition will not worsen because of this soup? I mean, you could’ve put so much MSG or something in here,” I joked.

“Then don’t eat!”

“Yah, I’m just joking.”

Surely. The soup tastes… awful. But hmm! Who cares? Jaemin cooked it for me and I loved it.

 ******

[Jaemin’s POV]

I woke up 2:00 in the morning to check Key’s temperature but I couldn’t move. Key got his arm wrapped around my waist and his face buried on my back. I slowly moved to face him and removed his arms around me but he just snuggled even tighter. And closer. I felt my cheeks heat up. I ended up staring at his face which was slightly lit by the streetlights outside.

I touched his nose then laugh to myself. He feels so real. Then I run my finger down to his lips. I was startled when he smiled. Is he awake? Omo. OMO!!!!


A/N: Hmm.. We couldnt wait for more comments so here is Chapter two! :D To those who read already, thank you guys! And to those who subscribed, you are loved!! Please continue supporting this fic.. And help us to make a banner for this fic too.. HWAITING!!!wink

Onew~

Minho~

Jonghyun~