MiKyoung's Past

I'm In Love With My BF ♥

 

[Key’s POV]

Aish. What can be more frustrating than walk to school with your bestfriend and her boyfriend? Not to mention, your brother and his girlfriend too. Aish! Good thing Taemin and Jin already went separate ways with us.

Cheon guy picked Jaemin up in our house early in this morning. I have no choice but to get along with this guy. And besides, I still don’t trust him. Jeoltero (never).

“Key, thanks for taking care of Jaemin when she stayed at your house last night.” Mr. Nice Guy said. Pssh!

“You don’t have to thank me. She’s my bestfriend after all. And besides, we do it almost every Thursday. It’s a me-and-her bonding you know?” I said without even looking at the guy.

“Key.” Jaemin elbowed me looking ashamed of what I have just said.

“What? Its not like I said anything bad,” I defended myself.

“Still, gomawo.” Aigo! Why is this guy so nice!!! I want to punch him! Jinja! He’s just too good to be true, you know?

We were already past the school gate when I saw Mi Kyoung walk past us. She’s walking while looking down the floor.  She’s obviously not her self. I mean, she’s always like that. Shy and quiet. But… It must be because of what happened last time isn’t it?

Mi Kyoung just continued walking and so did we. I kept and eye on her as I did. She looks like drifting away from reality. She walked and walked aimlessly until she’s on the verge of falling off the pavement.

“Mi Kyoung-ah!” I ran towards her and caught her before she even falls.

 

[Jaemin’s POV]

“Mi Kyoung-ah!” My feet stopped walking, my eyes looked at Key.

He ran towards Mi Kyoung just before she was about to fall off the pavement. I saw how he quickly aided her and caught her waist.

“Jaemin-ah?”

“H-huh?” I don’t know why but I couldn’t take my eyes off the two of them. Mi Kyoung and Key.

“Kwaenchana?” Cheondung asked and I forced myself to look away.

I smiled at him. “Ne.”

That moment, I don’t know why but I think… It hurt.

 

[Key’s POV]

She looked at me and I looked at her. Speaking of awkward.

I stood straight and straightened my shirt as well.

“Are you alright?”

“N-ne. Kamsahamnida.”

 

[Mi Kyoung’s POV]

When Key held my waist, I don’t know but my heart started to beat so fast and when we locked eyes, I just couldn’t take my eyes off him.

“Are you alright?”he stood up and avoided my gaze. I think I made him uncomfortable.

"N-ne. Kamsahamnida.”

 He nodded his head.

“See you in the classroom, Mi Kyoung-ah.”

Then he left after that. I watched him walk back to where Jaemin was. He’s with her. He always is.

 

[Key’s POV]

Our morning class ended very fast. And actually, now, I don’t know what to do. Why? Coz Jaemin’s always with Cheondung. Yeah, she stays with me and talks to me and she even asked me to eat with her this lunch but seriously. With that guy ? No, I don’t think so. I don’t want to interrupt their lovey-dovey moment again. It’s just… it’s just so…

“Painful…” I said to myself as I walk aimlessly to the school grounds.

Leaves from the trees keep falling because of the strong wind. I feel like being casted in a drama.

I laughed to myself. What a silly thing to think.

I continued walking and saw a familiar figure from afar sitting on a swing. I squinted and saw a long-haired pretty girl sitting steadily on a swing, face directed towards the ground.

I walked towards her and say, “Hey, I thought I already warned you about being alone. What if that Kikwang guy do something nasty to you again?” I sat on the swing beside her. “Aren’t you scared? I’m supposed to be your boyfriend remember?” I looked at her and smiled.

MiKyoung looked at me then but her eyes are full of sadness for a reason I don’t know.

 

[Jaemin’s POV]

“Yah, Lee Jaemin. I think you might want to share.” Hea unni playfully bumped her body against mine. Oh gosh. She’s really this eager to know?

“T-there’s really nothing to be excited about.” I feel my cheeks heat up. I think I’m blushing.

“Oh come on. Tell us the story already.”

Defeated, I started telling Jonghyun and Hea unni the story from how he went to my house that night, to what happened last night.

“I don’t like that guy,” Jonghyun said in a serious, jealous (?) voice. “I still like Key for Jaemin.” He folded his arms in front of his chest.

“Aish! Key and Jaemin. They’re no more than bestfriends arasso? Right Jaemin?” Hea unni turned to look at me.

I don’t know why but I think I just faked a smile. “R-right.”

 

[Key’s POV]

“MiKyoung-ah, if you don’t mind me asking, why are you always alone? I mean, you’re nice, kind, smart, and beautiful. What’s there not to like about you?” I asked. That thing is what I’m really curious about. Blame my talkative mouth.

Her shoulders slumped down and she sighed a little. “It’s a long story,” she said.

“I don’t mind.”

MiKyoung took a deep breath before starting her story.

 

[MiKyoung’s POV]

“My mom was when she was 17 years old and having to expect a baby at that young age because of a crime committed to taint her purity, she became very very depressed. After 9 months of course, she gave birth to me. My mother gave me a home and foods as it was her responsibility to me as a child. I was thankful, of course but since the day I was born and had a mind of my own, I never experienced love from her.

“But I was a happy girl. I tried to win my mother’s affection though it seemed impossible. I was like invisible to her. I needed love. I needed care. But none of these I felt from my mother. It was only Yura and my boyfriend, the two people I trust the most in the world, who made me experience the love and care I was deprived of since birth.”

*Flashback*

It’s a nice day today. The sky is a cloudy blue picture of perfection and the birds are singing on branches of tree.

I waited happily for Yura, my bestfriend, to arrive. We’re going to my house to do our homeworks and study.

“Yura!” I called out to her when I saw her approaching.

Yura walked happily to the swing where I was sitting and gave me a huge bear hug.

“Omo. I have many assignments,” Yura complained while pouting.

“Me too. Let’s go now and finish them!” I said cheerfully.

“Fighting!” We yelled out together and pumped our fist in the air.

As we were walking our way out of the campus, I heard students whispering to each other as we were passing. We were near the gate then when I heard from two girl students the word “” and “MiKyoung” while looking at me. I was taken aback.

“Yura. They’re talking about me!” I told Yura who doesn’t seem to hear.

“Hm? Don’t mind them. They just don’t know anything besides to ruin someone else’s lives.” She said pulling me out of the campus.

We arrived at our house. I baked cookies for Yura who’s busy studying in my room.

“Yura! I baked cookies for us! Here, eat some.”

She got one and tasted it. “Hmm! Masitda!” she jumped up and down on my bed and so did I.

I watch her as we both jump up and down like crazy on my bed. My bestrfriend. She’s the most important thing to me in the world together with my mom and oppa of course!

The next day…

I still kept hearing those weird rumors about me. And now, the teacher talked to me about being a and prostiture like my mother. I cried and cried heavily upon hearing those things.

I cried so hard it feels like my eyes are popping out of its socket.

I didn’t know why but the only thing that came to my mind is that the only person who knows about this is Yura. Not even my boyfriend knows about it.

“MiKyoung-ah, don’t mind what other people will say. What matters is what you really are,” Yura patted my back to comfort me. I gave her a hug while still crying.

What was I thinking? Of course Yura will not do that to me. Not her. Not my bestfriend for sure.

“Sshh. Don’t cry now, MiKyoung,” she comforted me again.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I’ve been looking for Yura and oppa. I’ve been to their classrooms and asked their friends but they said they didn’t attend school today. I’m alone now. But that’s okay! I’ll just pay a visit to Yura then to oppa.

After school, I went straight home and cooked some porridge for Yura and oppa.

When I finally arrived at Yoora’s house, I knocked on the door. I wish she’s alright. I held the food tightly in my hand as I waited for Yura to welcome me but I waited for minutes and no one’s still opening the door for me.

“Is she that sick?”

So I welcomed myself in. “Yura-ssi, I’m going in.”

The house is dark and no one seemed to be home. I went to the kitchen to check if she cooked food for herself but the utensils look clean so I guess she didn’t.

I went straight to her room next only to see the biggest shock of my life.

My hands felt numb and the noise of falling utensils filled the room.

I was blocked from everything. I was blocked from the world.

I felt tremendous pain that it made me numb already.

My heart shattered into million pieces and I felt dead already.

Unaware of my streaming tears, I looked at him with shocked, wide eyes. He who’s standing beside the bed with only a blanket on. The next, my eyes darted to her. She who had that grin on her face and lying there on the bed as well with only a little part of the blanket covering her body.

“MiKyoung. MiKyoung please let me explain,” he held my wrist. I shook it off and ran. Ran outside the house. Run to the emptiness. I don’t know where I was headed to but I just continued.

“MiKyoung!” he called to me as I was running until he caught up to me. “Believe me MiKyoung-ah. It’s… it’s not what you think.”

“Not what I think?? NOT WHAT I THINK? ARASSO! I KNOW I’M STUPID! YOU THINK THAT TOO RIGHT?! THAT’S WHY YOU DO THIS TO ME KNOWING I WOULDN’T KNOW RIGHT?! AND WHAT’S WORSE IS THAT YOU… How could you? With my bestfriend? I thought I found a family with you two guys. But what did I discover? I discovered that I… I really am alone in this world. That I don’t deserve to be loved and I will NEVER be loved.” I roughly wiped the tears that are spilling non-stop from my eyes and left feeling very lost and unworthy than ever before.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

News spreads quickly. The next day, everyone in the school knew about me and Yura that I couldn’t raise my head up and look at anyone anymore.

I was sitting on my chair inside the classroom, alone as usual when students started whispering. I raised my head up and saw Yura standing in front of me.

“Hi dear bestfriend. How are you?” I looked away from her. I can’t look at her. I don’t want to look at her.

“You know, I was really worried about you, MiKyoung-ah.” She stretched her neck and looked around the classroom. “By the way, where’s your beloved boyfriend? He’s not around to cheer you up is he now dear MiKyoung? Aww. Don’t worry. Bestfriend Yura is ALWAYS here for you.”

“What do you want Yura?” I finally managed to say.

“I just want to say hi,” she said while smiling wickedly. “Oh come on now MiKyoung. Don’t act like a poor kitten when honestly,” she came closer to my ear. “You’re not.”

Yura stood up. I just looked at her with scrunched eyebrows.

“That’s why I hate you too much! Pretending to be like a lost, poor kitten. You’re nasty. You get all people’s attention for being so pretty. And smart. You don’t know that do you. Hah! Because you always self pity! Oh, poor me! Oh, what should I do? Oh no! Oh no! OH NO!” she shouted. “Did you really think i wanted to be friends with you? Oh come on! Wake up! We’re different. All I really wanted to do is be close to you so I could be as close to your ing boyfriend. Got that, Han MiKyoung?”

She threw me my book that she grabbed from my bag and left.

*End of Flashback*

“From then on, I found it hard to trust anybody.” I looked down the ground. I don’t want to see Key pity over me.

“MiKyoung…”

“Don’t feel sorry Key. I’ve experienced that all my life.”

Silence.

“Key, there’s something I need to tell you,” I said to Key and he looked at me with a questioning look. “Kikwang. He was my boyfriend.”

               


 

OMO!!!!!!!!! REALLY REALLY SORRY for the late update guys! it's hard to continue with the chapters since thea and i are not meeting as often anymore. PLUS, college is getting in our way in finishing this fic so we're really REALLY sorry! Please understand us! Dont be mad! Puhlease...? We'll still try our best to continue with our story though we cannot really promise fast updates..

MIANHE! But we still hope you like this chapter about MiKyoung's past.. :D

Comments are sooo loved!!!! <3