Apologies.

I Want You (Sequel to Heart For 2)

 

You sat in the terrace looking at the dark sky filled with stars. After the talk with Sunggyu, you felt a lot better then you did before. You thought of how guilty you were for yelling at L earlier that day. You were probably too shocked because of Minji.

You had to admit, it had been years and you couldn’t let go of the fact that Kimhee was gone. You felt that you couldn’t trust some people in this world. You just didn’t know who they were on the inside.

You put all the blame to L’s fans mostly and you felt apologetic. If you had the chance to meet any of his fans, you’d thank them for being by L’s side after all this time.

Your thoughts were soon broken when there were arms encircled around your slim waist. You knew who it was, it was the one and only, Sunggyu.

He rested his chin on your shoulder and held you tightly.

“I tucked Minji in.” You heard him say from behind. “She was really unhappy today because her mom wasn’t in a good mood.”

“Oh my gosh, I never knew that, I’m such a bad mom.” You frowned. You turned to go but winced when you accidently put pressure on to your sprained ankle.

“No you’re not. You just wanted to look out for her.” He squeezed your shoulder and gazed into your eyes. “Besides, she already fell asleep. Don’t wake her up.” He whispered at the last part.

“Are you tired?” He asked as he glanced down to your injured ankle. You nodded your head. “Here, I’ll help you up.”

“No, Oppa, I have two legs, I can –“ You stopped as he suddenly slipped one arm around your neck and the other under your legs. Your eyes widened when he swiftly carried you up, bridal style.

“Oppa! I said I have two legs, I can walk. Put me down!” You hissed as he walked you into the house. “Yah. Put me down.” You tried to get out of his grip but he wasn’t going to let you go so easily.

“You clearly can’t even walk.” He chuckled. He turned off the lights and headed off for the stairs, you kept moving trying to get out of his arms but he held tighter.

“Come on, let me down!” You quietly hissed trying not to yell. “Fine.” He loosened his arms and you were about to fall but he held you on tighter afterwards. You let out a shrieked and held onto his neck tighter.

“You jerk! You tricked me.” You hit his chest. “Seems like someone doesn’t want to let go.” He smirked. His face was just inches from yours and you could feel his warm breath hitting your lips. You bit your lip.

Just when this could go any further the doorbell rang. When Sunggyu was distracted by the bell you got the chance to get down on your two feet. You were careful not to hurt your ankle though.

“Who could it be at this time?” You limped over to the door. Sunggyu followed from behind. “Yeah. Who could it be?” He muttered to himself.

When you opened the door, your eyes widened in surprise, it was L standing at the door. “Hey.” He said to you.

“Wow. My night is ruined.” Sunggyu flung his hands up in the air in frustration. “Babe, I’ll be upstairs marking some papers.” He glared at L once before walking away.

“What’s wrong with him?” L asked and you chuckled, glancing back to Sunggyu. “He’s just disappointed. He’ll be fine in the morning.”

“Yeah. Uh, can I come in? I need to talk to you.” L asked. You didn’t hesitate to say yes. He was always welcomed into your home. You opened the door wider for him to enter. He kicked off his shoes and walked in with you. You the lights in the kitchen and you and L sat down on the stools by the kitchen counter.

“Do you want something to drink?” You were about to get up but he grabbed your arm. “No, It’s okay.”

“Oh okay.” You said, sitting back down. The both of you sat in silence for a couple of seconds until L spoke. “I’m sorry.” You looked down to the floor and looked back up. You already knew he came here to talk about what happened earlier.

“No. Myungsoo oppa, You don’t have to say it.” “I do. I’m sorry for being such an earlier today. I honestly never knew that Minji really had to go. You were right; I was too busy with the fans to even care about Minji. –“

“I get it, oppa.” You stopped him. “I understand. But I should be the one apologizing. I never knew that I would put your fans on the spot like that. When I received your call saying that Minji was missing, my mind went blank and I kept thinking of the possibilities that could happen to her like, will she be able to come back, will she be in danger.. I…” You stopped thinking and closed your eyes. You felt tears coming and you bit your lip to ease it.

L couldn’t take it anymore. He wanted to hug you, to comfort you, and to tell you not to talk about that nonsense that wouldn’t ever happen to their baby girl.

And that’s what he did. He took you into his embrace and ran his hand down your back. “Shh, none of that will happen.” He assured you.

You shut your eyes closed, believing him. *Oppa, I hope you and Sunggyu are right about that.* You thought.

The both of you stayed like that for a while before you were finally at ease. You pulled away at the warm embrace. You realized you hugged him for too long. You glanced by the door hoping that if Sunggyu did see the both of you hugging he wouldn’t react to it.

“Myungsoo oppa, I’m really sorry. I should have been better than that. I know how much your fans mean to you.”

*They do mean something to me, but with you and Minji, you both mean everything in the world to me. I love you guys so, so much. Can’t you see that?* He silently confessed to himself, now that you’re married. He would never have the courage to say that to you. He didn’t want to ruin the happiness you and Sunggyu shared with each other.

“You and Minji are important to me as well. You know that right?” He asked. “I do.” You nodded your head with a smile.

*I blew my interview off because of you, I know I’ll be dead when I go back to manager hyung, but it is totally worth it.* He smiled back at you. You took the chance to look at what he was wearing.

“Did you finish with schedules?” You asked him. “Uh huh, Yeah, I did.” He forced a smile.

“Well, I like your top. It fits you perfectly.” You chuckled.
 
“Thanks, you want it?” He asked jokingly. “No, it won’t look as nice on me like it does on you.” You joked along and the both of you chuckled.