The Dark Side

The Darkness to My Light

     As I walked away I heard the screams of my parents telling me to do work for them. I just ignored them, pulled out my phone, and popped in my ear buds to block them out. After I calmed myself down I felt a slight tinge on my arm and noticed that I had cut it on a jagged edge of my shattered window that no one bothers to do anything about.

      As I walked, music blasting in my ears, I looked for a place to go for tonight. I see a small pitch black store. I picked the lock and eased the door open just enough to slip in, after making sure no one was around. I walked in keeping the lights off. I reached into my bag, pulled out my clothes, and became shadow. I put on my black jeans; black T-Shirt under my black leather jacket, my mouth and nose covered by a black studded bandana, and pulled on my black hi-top shoes. My jet-black, pin straight, chin length hair with bangs that just cover my eyes topped it all off. My Jade necklace was the only thing that never changed between jade and shadow.

     I walked out of the store and went to go carry out my job for today. I walked into the bar and spotted him; a disgusting looking man surrounded by alcohol, drunk dancing girls, and cigarettes, mumbling incoherent words. I switched on my phone and read the message “Lee Ji Min, height: 5”6, heavy set, curly hair; Job must be done by 3AM Thursday or no 500,000 won.” I glanced at my watch; 2AM, time to get moving.

      I slipped out my sharpest dagger that was strapped to my thigh and concealed it in my sleeve. I pulled down my studded bandana mask to my neck, ruffled up my hair a little to look drunk, and I put some lipstick on. I made my way through the girls to the man as I started dancing near him; he glanced up and down my body and gave me a nasty, crooked grin. I smiled back him and motioned him over to a secluded, private corner.

      As we started dancing together I wrapped my arms around his neck, Pulled him closer, and whispered in his ear “Im really enjoying this, aren’t you?” In an instant I slipped the dagger out from my sleeve and it into his heart.

      Ughh disgusting people, oh well mission completed  I thought to myself as I dragged him into a cleaning closet and took a picture for proof. I sent the picture to the boss as I began to look for a place to sleep the night. I saw an old thrown out couch in an alley and decided to settle there for the night. Ill get the money later, rent isn’t till next week I thought as I drifted off to sleep.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

A/N: I realize that these first couple chapters have been very dark and morbid but I promise that the story will not continue to be like this all the time I don’t think anyone is even reading this haha but if you are it will get lighter just give it a little time please and thank you.smiley