Home "Sweet" Home

The Darkness to My Light

     I closed my eyes to brace for impact. *Slap* Ha I knew that was coming, I cant even feel it anymore I thought as I looked around my "home" with its broken windows, half-hanging flickering lights, ripped up coushions and couch, and beer cans and cigarettes lying around everywhere. I live in a one-bedroom house with a beat-up kitchen and bathroom, whenever Im home I sleep on the couch.

     "AND THAT WAS FOR NOT BRINGING ENOUGH MONEY HOME THIS WEEK YOU LITTLE PIECE OF TRASH!" My so-called mother spat in my face.

     "WHAT DO YOU WASTE ALL OF YOUR TIME DOING?! YOU DONT HAVE ANY FRIENDS AND YOU WORK ALL NIGHT, HOW COULD YOU NOT BRING ENOUGH CASH?" My "father" yelled at me. You guys are pretty stupid if you think Im really going to give you damn leeches all of my hard earned cash, I only give you like 1/8 of my money. I chuckled to myself.

     "What are you laughing at you stupid little girl? Your dad and I dont even have enough to live!" My mother screamed at me while lunging to scratch my face. I just stood there and the blood that trickled down my face, and laughed even harder.

     "Whats so funny!? Spit it out!" My father said.

     I stopped laughing and with a deathly serious tone I said "I find it hilarious how you and you and your wife think of yourselves as my parents, hah. The way I see it, you both are snakes I just have to deal with for now."

     "How could you say that after all your mother and I have done for you? At least we feed you and put a roof over you head, we could just leave you out on the streets." My father said.

    I yelled "I wish you would just leave me out on the streets, anywhere is better than here. You dont even feed me, I feed myself and Im the one who puts a roof over YOUR heads. Why dont you open your eyes and realize all the scars youve given to me and what all those scars have turned me into?" A monster I thought. And with that I turned around and jumped out the window. This is why I never come to this hell-hole of a house.

     I touched my bloodied fingers to my jade necklace, sparkling in the flickering broken streetlight. The green pentagonal prism with a point sharpened to a dagger-like finish was given to me by my brother.