Ch.8 Partners

The Darkness to My Light

"Dude we should be partners for the English assignment." Jr. mentioned 

"I know right, I cant stand anyone else in that class anyways." I replied.

" You know, you really should  start talking to other people. You shouldn't let you past experiences keep you from socializing with people."

"I prefer not  to, what's the point?"

"Alright, whatever" he said as he turned the hall and waved goodbye.

     As I walked on my way to my next class a group of 5 boys turned the corner and we all bumped into each other and stopped unmoving. I looked up at their faces and with horror realized that these were the brutes from last night.

"What do you want, punk" Blondie hissed

     He's not talking about last night so I guess he doesn't recognize me I thought with relief.

"Just getting to my next class." I looked him over, "how 'bout you?" I calmly replied.

"What do you mean by that, punk?"

"You tell me, When someone asks what you want, its only common courtesy to ask them back, even if you dont really care for the answer."

"Why you little..." He threatened at me and jumped at me. 

"Stand down man, we`re at school" his group held him back.

"Aww short tempered arent we, blondie?" I taunted.

"Aww, damn" One of s hissed under his breath.

"Thats it Im gonna tear you to shreads little girl." He shouted. 

Just then the bell rang for class. "Oh too bad theres the bell, cant be late to class now can we?" I smiled, lauging inside my head, and walked away leaving them all speachless.. 

    I walked into the advanced Chemistry classroom and sat down in my seat as the teacher started the lesson. It never occured to me that those losers from last night as the same troublemaking guys that go to my school. I thought as the teacher droned on and on. On the inside I was occupied with my thoughts but on the outside the teacher saw me as an attentive, smart student ( Im good at masking my thoughts and emotions). Im going to have to be careful from now on since theve seen both sides of my life. It would be dangerous if they made the connection. I continued thinking of all the possible outcomes and consequences of being discovered. My mind drifted off and I became completly oblivious to what was going on around me.

     "Jade can you solve this chemistry problem for us, since no one else seems able to?" Teacher Choi asked me. I heard my name from somewhere, my mind instantaneously shot into action and looked towards the source of the voice. I looked at the super long complicated problem on the board, it took my mind a second to process it before I swiftly answered to the teacher.

    "Wow, Jade that was very quick, I see that you have been paying attention in class Lately." He replied to my quick response. I just smiled and nodded my head. Yah right I thought as the bell rang. I walked out of the classroom to catch up with Jr. on the way to our English class.

"Hey Jr. do you want to start working on the project at the park today after school?" I asked hopful to get started on the work and have less to do. I had been expecting to work with Jr. because Mr. Lee normally lets us choose our partners. 

"Of course, this time we have to write a story right?" Jr. questioned. 

"Yah we should write some fantasy, violence thing, that would be really cool." I laughed to my self. 

     He stopped and gave me a terrrified look "Sometimes I wonder how your mind works, its a scary place." We both laugh as we walked into the classroom and took our seats. The bell rang indicating the start of class.

     "Alright children take your seats" Mr.Lee boredly said. "lets get down to buissness, your midterm project starts today and it counts for half of your grade, not that you care."  There was a round of agreement from around the room as the teacher shushed them and continued talking. " Well unlike what your used to, this time you dont get to choose your partner." Obections and complaints erupted from the room. "Shut up I dont care what you want, your going to work with who you end up with . We are going to randomly choose names from a hat." He pulled out a black hat from behind his desk. " Jade why dont you pick first, since your the only person who bothers to try in this class."

     "Ok, I guess" I said as I cautiously pulled a piece of paper and willed for it to be Jr. I read the contents Lee Taemin, I wonder who he is. The name sounds familiar. "Lee Taemin?" I questioned aloud. 

     A tall, skinny, baby-faced, redhead ruffled his hair and raised his hand. He looks familiar I thought as I realized with horror that he was a member of that gang from last night called SHINee. Oh god, so much for lying low.