Not Even School Is Normal

The Darkness to My Light

     I woke up to the warm sunlight shining on my face and the sounds of gunshots. Yup the day has begun I thought to myself as I switched open my cellphone to look at the time 7:00! Damn im gonna be late! I dashed out of the alley and ran home. I kicked down the old beaten door and slipped on my school uniform: A white button-up shirt with a navy blue, black, and red striped tie around my neck and a black blazer on top. My Navy blue skirt went down to my knees and I wore Knee-high black boots with one lone red stripe down the side. I took out my broken down curler and started curling my hair. You see, no one knows who Shadow really is, and I intend to keep it that way, especially at school. I put on a little make up to cover my scars and headed to school on my bike.

     I am now Jade Kyung, a quiet and smart girl at school who no one gives any attention to. As I reached the school gates, I saw him waiting and pedaled over. “Hey Jr., finished the history assignment?”  Jr. with his mid-height, spiked black hair, defined eyes, and charismatic smile and I have known each other  for years, yet he still doesn’t know about my double life.

     “Don’t act like that! What happened? Your parents again?” Jr. questioned while eyeing my the claw marks on my face that I had covered pretty well with the make-up. Only he would look that hard to find injuries on me.

    "Yah but dont worry, its nothing" I replied as we headed inside to our home room. There were overturned, scattered, and graffitied  desks and chairs all around the room with "students" sitting on desks chewing gum and playing with knives. Jr. just sighed and sat in his beaten up seat.

      The day dragged on untill 4th period. I walked down the math graffiti covered hallway on my way to lunch and saw the usual, guys ing their shirts and girls shortening their skirts. Then I saw 3 juniors guys attacking a freshmen girl in an abandoned classroom. She was on the floor with a bruise under her right eye. Uggh I hate this whole taking advantage of the helpless thing I thought as I tossed my backpack to the side and headed towards them.

     "So what was that about you not wanting to go out with me again?!" The biggest jerk said as he pulled her back up and smashed her against the lockers.

     " I can see why she doesnt want to go out with you, what do you think your doing? Hurting little girls, are you really that pathetic?" I snarled.

     I jumped up to the biggest guy and kicked his face, causing him to fall to the floor unconsious. I pressure pointed the second guy under the ribcage, sternum, middle of the right thigh, and finally the side of his neck as he dropped like a dead weight. That should keep him down till dismissal I thought as I took the last guy, who was sneaking behind me, by the arm and flipped him on his back. He crashed against the dirty, cracked floor and I pummeled him with punches untill he was knocked out.

     I turned to the girl " Tell anyone about this and you will regret doing so, got it?" I violently whispered as she gave me a small scared nod and ran off.

     Just then Jr. turned the corner, took in the scene, and smiled. "Allways the hero arent we?" he laughed.

     "Lets just go eat some of that cafeteria junk" I said as I rolled my eyes as we walked down the dark musty hallway to lunch together.