Guitars

One shots with EXO

 

 

As Exo was loading onto the plane for the SMTOWN tour, Aileen was making sure all the boys looked their best. She was fixing clothes and hair and making sure the boys had everything they needed.

“Noona stop fussing with my hair. I look flawless,” said a smug Sehun

“So cocky,” she with a smile

“Noona come fix my hair?” Kai begged her as he playfully pulled on her arm

“Noooo, Noona fix my hair,” Tao gave her Korean and ageyo as he playfully pulled her other arm

Aileen laughed at all three boys, “Seriously guys if this were to happen in American, this would be unacceptable,” they all laughed, “But you guys are too adorable,” she then noticed Lay’s guitar case sitting by the van unattended. She picked it up

“Lay Oppa, you almost forgot your guitar,” Lay’s eyes went wide as he took it from her and with a shy smile looked at her, “Wouldn’t want you to forget that. You’ve been practicing so hard and now you play so good. You play better than me,”

“You play?”

“I started lesson back at home but I never finished,”

“You shouldn’t stop,”

“I know but now it seems as if I never have time,”

“I have time to teach you,” he smiled at her

“You have the same time I have, none,” she laughed

“Well we can make time. Why did you start playing?” Aileen started blushing as they walked into the airport to get to security

“Because of boy,” she chuckled, “I’m ashamed. I liked this boy who was older than me but unfortunately he only saw me as a little sister. It was so embarrassing,”

“So you were trying to serenade him,”

“Yea, that’s what you do when you like someone. You pick a song that means something to the both of you and pour your heart out and pray that they accept you because you’ve gone through all that trouble putting your heart out there. It when it doesn’t work out,” she gave the stewardess her ticket and followed the other staff on the plane

Lay was thinking about what Aileen had said. He knew all about serenading all too well. And he knew what it was like to have your heart stomped on. It hurts.

The boys all loaded up on the plane to SMTOWN Japan. Luhan was sitting next to Lay as he started thinking more about what Aileen had said. She was actually sitting in his eye sight so he could stare at her the whole plane ride. Luhan noticed Lay staring at Aileen; he smiled and nudged his friend.

“Don’t stare at her too hard, she’ll think you’re weird,”

“She’s sweet,” he smiled

“Yea you’re not the only one who thinks that,” Lay quickly looked at Luhan; almost giving himself whiplash; Luhan was shocked of his reaction

“Who else,”

“Relax, its innocent love. Our manknes are obsessed with her,” he laughed

“Oh. To be honest, I never have thought her in that way until very recent. And I mean very recent. You know that feeling you get when you’ve surprised yourself because you never thought you would like someone different from you. I’m quiet, she’s not. She’s not scared to tell you how she feels, I’m always second guessing myself. She’s confident; I’m slowly getting there,”

“Give yourself more credit Lay. I think being a part of Exo has helped you a lot and I think you’re a great guy,” he reassured his friend who seemed to be doubting himself a lot lately

“I also never thought I would like someone who wasn’t Chinese. I think that one surprised me the most,”

“Skin color shouldn’t matter,”

“I know, it shouldn’t. It matters what is on the inside but still it’s there, you know. Sometimes you can’t avoid that but she’s a great girl and I didn’t know she could play the guitar. I think that is another reason why I like her,”

“Well here is your chance to get even closer to her. Teach her the guitar. She will be thanking you constantly,” Luhan closed his eyes to get some sleep

Lay took one last look at Aileen before he closed his eyes. As soon as he looked at her their eyes met. She blushed instantly at him and quickly looked away. He smiled to himself as he closed his eyes as well.

 

As the plane landed in Tokyo, Japan, all the artist were being bombarded with flashing lights and fans screaming their names. As they were outside waiting for the vans music was playing. Oddly enough Christina Perri’s A Thousand Years was playing. Lay and Aileen were in close vicinity of one another and they both started singing the song. Lay being a guitar player was pretending he was strumming his guitar as Aileen started singing the song to her favorite dongsaeng’s who loved her voice. Lay heard Aileen’s beautiful voice and smiled. He found their song. Once the van arrived they all piled in and drove to the hotel.

 

Right after that the artist ate lunch and went to rehearse for their performances tonight. Rehearsals went smoothly and it was 9:00pm they were done. All artists went to their respected rooms. Exo was actually sharing 4 rooms because of the size of the group. Lay wanted to get a guitar practice in with Aileen so he convinced the boys to give them one of their rooms. Lay was setting up the rooms when he heard a knock on the door. He went to open the door to find Aileen already in her PJS, which consist of sweatpants shorts and a Beatles t-shirt. He started to sweat.

“Get yourself under control Lay,” he said to himself

“Hey,” she said as she came into the room holding her little guitar

“I didn’t know you had it with you?” he pointed to the guitar

“Well I was feeling musical. What can you say,” she closed the door and sat on the bed

“So I wanted to refresh your memory with chords and then we can move on,”

“That’s cool,”

They started going through the main chords and then moved onto strumming. After 30 minutes Aileen was able to play old children songs. They then moved onto something more advanced. She was having trouble with the and asked Lay for help. In order to show her properly he stood behind her, while she sat in the chair and placed his fingers over hers. He took her other hand and started strumming the guitar. With his help the sound came out perfectly.

“Wow I got it,” she quickly turned to face him but didn’t realize how close he was to her face

 She didn’t move her face but stared deeply into his chocolate eyes. Lay didn’t move either as he returned the favor. It was like they were enchanted and they could do anything but to move closer to one another. Their lips were about to touch when they were interrupted but someone clearing his throat. It was Kris, Chen and Tao. They were at the door.

“It’s time for bed. It’s 10:30,” said Kris

Aileen and Lay quickly moved from each other as she stared at the floor and Lay scratched his head.

“Thanks for the lesson, Lay Oppa. I had fun. I’m gonna go to my room now,” she walked to the door

“Where is your room? I wanna join you,” everyone looked at him with crazy eyes, “I mean so I can walk you to your room but not to stay with you over night, you know because that would be completely wrong and just…”

“It’s ok Lay Oppa. My room is just down the hall. Good night boys,” she closed the door and then leaned against it with a huge smile on her face

Chen, Tao and Kris laughed at a flustered Lay who sighed and fell on the bed.

 

The next two days went by really fast but everyone enjoyed themselves at the concert. Stronger bonds were made with the artists and others but now it was time to go back to Korea. Lay and Aileen didn’t really have a chance to have another guitar lesson or talk to each other really after that night but once they were at the airport and waiting for the plane Aileen spotted Lay and sat next to him.

“Hey, you have your guitar with you,” she smiled at him

“Yea,” he said quickly and then started wiping his sweaty hands on his shorts

“Are you ok?”

“Do you know the name of the song we played the other night?”

“It did sound familiar but I couldn’t really put my finger on it. If I hear it again maybe I can take a guess,” that was his cue

He suddenly took out his guitar and played the intro of the song. Aileen was surprised of his boldness to play in public and the fact that they were in a busy, crowded airport made him look dreamy with his guitar.

 He looked at her to see if she could recognize the song but she just had a confused look on her face until he started singing. It was Christina Perri’s A Thousand Years. Aileen smiled brightly. He was serenading her. He was pouring his heart to her and she loved it a lot. She then started singing along with him. Lay started smiling because now she was serenading him. All eyes were on them as they sang the song in perfect harmony together. Once the song was over they heard a loud applause.

“That was really sweet of you Lay Oppa,” she became shy

“You too,” he smiled brightly exposing his dimple

Aileen playfully poked his dimple; he then caught her hand and pulled her to his lips slowly and gently.

 

 

 

 

 

With the website down for a few days. Sehun's chapter was not on there and Kris' chapter became chapter 6 in place of Sehun's chapter. for those you haven't read it chapter 6, please do. i think yall will like it. I really liked writing Lay's chapter. Next will be Xiumin.