Protecting Her

One shots with EXO

 

 

“Have I seen you before? I think I remember those eyes, eyes, eyes, eyes, eyes, eyes, eyes. Cause baby tonight, the DJ got us falling in love again…” Luhan sang his part flawlessly with some members of Exo and TTS

Aileen was backstage with Sora and Hani jamming to the music.

“You know I have to be honest. I never liked this song when Usher sang it,” said Aileen

“Are you nuts? It’s freaking Usher,” said Sora

“No she just likes it now because Luhan is singing it. I see the way you try not to look at him,” giggled Hani

Aileen suddenly stopped dancing and glared at Hani. The girls laughed.

“Shut up Unnie,” the giggled

“Unnie you like Luhan Oppa?” Krystal overheard them and Aileen stopped dancing

“Um…no,” she rolled her eyes

“Ok good. I wouldn’t want your feeling to get hurt because I hear he likes Seohyun Unnie. A lot,” she smiled, “I think they complement each other. He likes quiet girls with long hair and milky skin,”

Aileen felt sick to her stomach, “Where did you hear that?”

“He said it in an interview. I mean he didn’t say he liked Seohyun Unnie in particular but it’s so obvious it was her he was talking about because he’s always staring at her and stuff,”

“Krystal come one we’re next,” yelled Luna

Aileen looked totally defeated and sad. Luhan didn’t even like her. She most definitely didn’t fit his ideal type. She knew liking him was a pipe dream. Sora and Hani hated seeing their friend so down.

Luhan and rest of them have just finished the song and were coming off stage. Hani and Sora decided to take matters in their own hands. They refused to believe that Luhan truly liked Seohyun. As he was passing Aileen to get changed they pushed Aileen towards him. She fell into his back and her hands instantly wrapped around him to hold herself up.

“Oppa! I’m so sorry. I’m so clumsy,” she was blushing so hard

“It’s ok. Are you alright?” Luhan was checking on her

“Yes I’m fine. You guys did really good out there,”

“Thanks,”

“Oppa!” Seohyun was heading their way with a smile on her face, “Come by the room. I have something to give to you,” Aileen’s stomach dropped and she felt sick to her stomach, “Hi Aileen,”

“Hi Seohyun Unnie. You guys did really good tonight,”

“Thanks,” she turned to Luhan, “Don’t forget. It’s really special,” she winked at him as she left to change

“Are the clothes set up Aileen?”

“Of course Oppa,”

“Thanks,” he went off to the room leaving a distraught Aileen

“Wow we are so sorry Aileen. We thought he really didn’t like Seohyun. We didn’t know how serious their relationship was,” Aileen wiped her tears

“I don’t know why I’m even crying. It’s not like we were ever gonna really get together. It was only a stupid crush,”

 

ELSEWHERE

 

“Is it the one?” asked Seohyun

“Yes it’s exactly the one I saw in the store. How did know?”

“I just picked up a scarf. I didn’t know this was the real one,” she smiled at him, “Thanks for helping me Oppa,”

“No need to thank me. I know Kyuhyun hyung will definitely love your surprise for him. You guys have been going strong for so long,”

“I know. I feel silly running out of ideas to surprise him but thanks to you it’s going to be really special for him. And that’s why I wanted to help you with Aileen. You’re still so awkward with her, it’s really sad,”

“I can’t help it. She’s everything I’m not. Well I’m totally a different person on stage but once I’m off that stage…”

“You turn into this awkward, awkward man haha. Oppa you’re 22 years old. You really need to put more effort in your confidence level,”

“I think this present will help,” he smiled at her

 

Aileen was sulking in one of the rooms backstage doing Henry’s hair and makeup.

“Why is my buddy sulking,” he poked her stomach

“I’m not,”

“Yea right Aileen. You’re sulking,” he pouted

“Well since we’re close I guess I can tell you but you have to promise me that you won’t tell anyone,”

“Cross my heart or spit on it,” he spit on his hand and extended it to her

“Ew Henry,”

“Just kidding. What’s up?”

“I like Luhan Oppa,”

Luhan was right outside the door about to confess and give Aileen her gift when he heard her and Henry talking.

“Oh wow, really?”

“But it doesn’t matter because he likes Seohyun Unnie,”

“Are you sure?”

“Of course I am! He described her to a tee in a interview. He said he likes quiet girls with long hair and milky skin. I don’t have long hair, I’m not quiet and I definitely don’t have milky skin. And you should have seen them tonight. She wanted him to meet her in the room so he can get his gift and then she winked at him. Winked! When have you known her to do that huh?” she was out of breath and defeated. Henry felt bad for his friend

“Well if it makes you feel better; I like someone I know I can’t have,”

“Who?” she wiped her tears

“Amber,” he smiled at her and gave her a hug, “I wish there was something I could do to make you feel better,”

“There isn’t,”

“Well I’ll leave you to your thoughts,” he hugged her again and left

Henry ran into Luhan and shook his head.

“You better make her feel better. I hate seeing her like this,”

“I will. Don’t worry,”

Luhan didn’t wait opening the door. He just barged in the room.

“Oppa do you need something,”

“You’re crying?”

“No I got dust in my eyes,” she turned her back to him

“Don’t do that,” he put the gift on the table and gave her a back hug

Aileen was completely shocked. Not that she didn’t enjoy this moment but if the wrong person walked in it would be over for the both of them.

“Oppa stop. What are you doing?”

“Hugging the girl I like,”

“What?”

“You thought I like Seohyun didn’t you?”

“It’s pretty obvious. You even described her in an interview,”

“All lies. I like girls who are loud and confident. I like girls with curly brown hair and pretty curves. I especially like girls with caramel skin who listen to my problems and make me laugh whenever I’m sad. I like you Aileen and only you,” he instantly pulled her into a hug, “I overheard what you said to Henry but I want to hear you say it to me, please,”

“I like you Oppa,” he closed his eyes and had a smile on his face.

He cupped her face and slowly pulled her towards him. Their lips almost met until Aileen pulled away.

“Wait a minute. Seohyun Unnie gave you a gift. How can you kiss me when she likes you so much?”

“That’s not what you think. I helped her with Kyuhyun Hyung. They are together and in return she got me a gift for you. Since she was traveling to Japan she brought me the gift that I couldn’t get myself. And that wink was an encouragement for me to grow some balls and confess to you,”

“I feel stupid,” she laughed as he gave her the gift, “Oppa I love it, thank you. Why did you lie in your interview though?”

“Fans know about you now and if I described you they would figure out it was you. I didn’t want you to get hurt so I lied. I know lying is bad but I wanted to protect you because I care about you so much. You can understand right?”

“Of course I can. You’re so sweet Oppa, thank you,”

They looked at each other now with love in their eyes and Luhan knew that this was it. She quickly hugged him then pulled away. He looked down on her as she looked up. They slowly closed the gap between them. It was the sweetest kiss she ever had.

Henry and Seohyun opened the door to peek in the room.

“Their kissing,” he said

“Yes!” they gave each other high fives