Second Chance

One shots with EXO

 

 

*Cough, cough* Aileen continued to help setting up for the photo shoot. Other people started looking at her as she covered the cough. *Achoo* She took out a tissue and wiped her nose followed by using her hand sanitizer. *Cough, cough*

“Hey wear this,” said Sora, she handed her a face mask. Aileen gave her a strange look, “Everyone wears them here when they are sick,”

“Won’t it keep me sick? My germs won’t be able to go anywhere?”

“It’s better you put it on though,” she placed the pink mask on her face, “Hey it matches your outfit,”

“Yes because beauty is everything when I feel like the walking dead,” she laughed

Exo K arrived on time for their photo shoot. Each boy greeted their Noonas with a smile.

“Achoo,” Aileen’s sinuses were not getting better. She felt like crap. She tried eating breakfast this morning up it wouldn’t stay down at all.

“Hey you don’t look so good buddy,” said DO

“Yeah I don’t feel good either but duty calls,”

“I have some vitamins in my bag,”

“You always come prepared,”

“And I have some snacks if you get hungry,” he smiled brightly at his friend

“Thank you. Go get dressed, don’t worry about me,” she went back to her work but DO was still worried about her

She looked awful. With her rough coughing and constant sneezing he couldn’t concentrate on the photo shoot. He wanted to stop, take her home and take care of her. He adored Aileen even since he met her. She was fun and passionate about her work. He liked those kinds of qualities in a girl. If he were to ever date someone he would definitely pick Aileen. The photographer noticed DO wasn’t paying attention.

“Earth to DO; we are in the middle of a photo shoot. I would appreciate it if you would focus,” he said with a smile

DO being embarrassed tried to focus. They got back into the groove of things soon enough.

Aileen couldn’t take it anymore. She was about to pass out. She needed to rest her head because she felt dizzy and had chills. The only place to get some privacy was the bathroom.

“Sora Unnie, I have to use the bathroom,”

“Ok,” she went to finishing up her job

Aileen practically slid on the wall for support till she reached the bathroom. Her head was pounding and her sore throat felt like it got worst. She never felt so weak in her entire life. If only she could make it to the sink to splash some water on her face, she would feel a little better. Only she didn’t make it to the sink. She passed out in the middle of the bathroom floor.

 

Exo had pretty much finished their photo shoot; they just needed individual shoots but DO was done with his.

“Noona where is Aileen?” he asked Sora

Sora thought Aileen had returned from the bathroom. She knew she was sick so she thought Aileen was just making herself scarce from people so they wouldn’t catch her cold but she finally noticed she had not returned from the bathroom. And that was 20 minutes ago.

“She said she had to use the bathroom but that was 20 minutes ago,” all the color drained from their faces as they rushed out of the room to the bathroom

They reached the bathroom and found Aileen lying on the floor. She was still breathing but she wasn’t waking up. DO quickly scoop her up and took her out of the bathroom. By then Exo and everyone else saw this and called 911. Sora was crying.

“She wasn’t feeling good but I thought it was just a common cold,”

“Aileen wake up,” DO was shaking her but there was no response

The rest of the boys were distressed. This was their Noona and friend and they felt completely helpless including DO. DO was known as the Umma of the group which means it was his duty to take care of everyone. He failed. The most precious person to him was in trouble and he couldn’t help her. He pulled her closer to his face as he lightly kissed her forehead and said a prayer.

The ambulance finally arrived and rushed her to the hospital with everyone in tow.

Hours later, Aileen was diagnosed with having a severe case of the flu. Every day the boys made time in their schedule to visit her. Even though she had not woken up they each went into her room to talk to her especially DO.

“Aileen, it’s me DO,” he closed the door and placed the flowers on the window sill, “When you wake up, we are going to this garden I found. They have those flowers you like,” he touched her hand and sigh

 

Day 2

Sehun and Kai made it their mission to visit Aileen. She still had not woken up

“She looks like Sleeping Beauty,” said Sehun

“Then that makes DO hyung the prince. He needs to kiss his princess so she can wake up,” Kai chuckled but Sehun hit him in the arm

“She can probably hear you,”

“Good,” he playfully yelled louder, thinking Aileen could hear him, “DO is so depressing these days. All he talks about is if he gets a second chance, he’s going to tell her how he feels. I’m glad. It’s about time he mans up and takes responsibility,”

The boys spent 30 more minutes in the room, then left

 

Day 3

DO was getting desperate. She had been out of commission for 3 days and he missed her terribly. During these days he realized he should have confessed sooner. If he had, he would have known she was sick and he would have been able to care for her properly. DO looked at Aileen and sat next to her bed holding her hand, he dozed off.

Aileen was groggy and hungry when she finally opened her eyes. It was 6pm on what day she didn’t know. She looked at her surroundings and realized she was in the hospital. She started moving around to stretch her limbs and found a person lying next to her bed.

“DO?” upon hearing her voice he woke up

“You’re finally awake!” he gave her the biggest smile

“Finally? What happened?”

“You passed out. You had a serious case of the flu,”

“All my life of living in ia I never got the flu but I come here and I get a serious case,” she coughed and he poured her water, “Why are you here?”

“I don’t have schedule. I wanted to be here. It’s my fault,” he frowned as he sat by her side

“What are you talking about? Unless you performed some spell on me, you had no control of what happened to me,”

“I didn’t take care of you. When I saw you I should have made you take those vitamins and eat something,”

“DO stop talking nonsense please, you sound crazy,” she closed her eyes for second

“We thought you were going to die. That’s how serious it was. I don’t know what I would have done if you had died,” he grabbed her hand

“Well God isn’t going to let me go out like that. You don’t have to worry about that. He saved me so I get a second chance to do things right,” she smiled at him

“It’s funny you say that; a second chance. He gave me a second chance too,”

“What are you talking about?”

“When you get out of the hospital, I’m going to take care of you,”

“Why are you so sweet to me? I’m not your wife, heck I’m not even your girlfriend,” she laughed

“You could be,” it slipped out

“What?” she sat up too quick and became dizzy

“No, don’t over work yourself,” he gently laid her back down

“Well you better explain yourself Do Kyungsoo-ah,”

“I finally realized something when you were out of it for 3 days. I can’t go on without you. Yes my life feels pretty complete since I’ve achieved my dreams but all of that means nothing if we don’t have those we love to share it with,”

“Love?”

“I’ve gotten to know you pretty well these past 7 months and well…” he got nervous

“Yes?”

“Will you be my girlfriend?”

“Have you even had a girlfriend before?” she

“No but I will love you and take of care you and never let any hurt come onto you ever again,” he kissed her forehead as she wrapped her arms  around his neck and brought his face close to hers

“You missed,”

“Huh?”

“You missed,” she brought his lips to hers

“I guess that’s a yes,” he smiled lovely at her