Never Let Go

Never Let Go

 

 

 

Ding-dong. Ding-dong.

Luhan barely had slept since the couch is notoriously uncomfortable to sleep on. He groaned.

Ding-dong. Ding-dong.

The sound of the doorbell ringing annoyingly pissed the hell out of him. I. Freaking. Want. Sleep. Damn. It.

Ding-dong. Ding-dong.

. He reached for his phone and checked the time. Its six ing forty five minutes in the morning. Who’s this ing disturbing me from sleep?

Ding-dong. Ding-dong.

Aish! For crying out loud! Head still heavy, he finally stood up. “Coming!” he said angrily. I am so punching whoever that person ringing the doorbell if this is not important. He noted.

Before he was able to open the door, someone had literally bumped into him and went pass him to open the door.

“Ooops, sorry Luhan. Good morning!” Minseok greeted “I’ll open the door. I’m sure this is Joonmyun.” He said rather excitedly.

“Joonmyun?” is the only word that came to his mouth. Why the heck?

 

 

“So, uhm, weriyfkkougtdahttinceyarwarkengdatayretjunmyewnhretwuakompanime” Minseok said while stuffing his mouth full of food courtesy of his ever dearest, reliable, angelic best friend, Joonmyun.

“Huh?” Luhan asked

“You shouldn’t talk with your mouth full” Joonmyun advised.

“Sorry,” Minseok apologized “As I was saying...” he continued “We assumed that you’re probably going back to work since you were on leave for almost a week now.” He paused “So I asked Joonmyun to accompany me.”

“Oh.” Assumed? And you didn’t even ask for my consent? “Don’t you have work too, Joonmyun?” he asked

“Oh, that.” He scratched his head embarrassingly. “I took them home. Besides, it’s not really that busy at the office. Dad said I can take the week off.”

Lucky . Just because they own a freaking company. Pft. Wait, did he just said... “A week?”

Joonmyun nodded. “I figured I could use the week off to accompany him while you are working?”

The hell? “I’m sorry for the trouble, Joonmyun...” or not. You shouldn’t even be here anyway. It’s not even your business.

“It’s okay. Anyway, I plan on taking him to see a movie tonight. Would that be okay with you?”

But before Luhan can even protest, Minseok beat him to saying, “Of course, silly. That would be okay. Right Luhan?” he smiled.

“O—of course.” He stammered.  Why did I even agree? Of course, it’s not okay!

“Great!” Joonmyun said

And so they continued chit-chatting with each other, not even noticing that there’s actually someone with them at that same time, listening to whatever they’re talking. Hello, I’m still here? He thought as he angrily forked the food.  

 

 

“The hell are you doing here?” Yixing was surprised to see his friend already in the studio, slumping like a total idiot. He’s still supposed to be on vacation for another week, or was he the only one thinking that? “Hm?” he kicked the said slumping boy.

“Minseok kicked me out of the house.” Luhan said sadly.

“Kicked you out?” Yixing frowned.

“Well, Minseok assumed that I’ll go back to work today... so yeah.”

“Wow, how considerate of Minseok. Remind me to thank him when I visit you guys.”

“Not funny, Yixing.”

“Well, we really are busy now. And we need your hand. It’s time that you go back to work. And stop slumping or I’ll kick you out.” He warned.

“What a kind and understanding best friend you are, Yixing.” He pouted.

Yixing noticed that there’s something more bothering his best friend aside from the ‘kicking him out’ scene. “Spill it out!”

“Hm?” Luhan is confused.

“What really happened?”

“Joonmyun took a week off his work just to accompany Minseok.”

“So?” Yixing questioned like there’s nothing really wrong with that. Of course he wouldn’t understand. He didn’t know. I wouldn’t even know his real intentions have I not eavesdropped that day.  “Don’t tell me you are jealous of Joonmyun?”

“We’re talking about Minseok from five years ago here, Yixing. This is not the Minseok who loved me. This is the Minseok who only knows of Joonmyun, who only depends on Joonmyun.” ...The Minseok who only likes Joonmyun.  He said rather bitterly.

“You know Joonmyun wouldn’t take advantage of the situation.” He was right. But Joonmyun is not that stupid. If the opportunity’s already there, right in front of him, wouldn’t he get tempted? Wouldn’t he reconsider?

“If Minseok never get his memories back...”

“I know you wouldn’t let that happen.”

“Can I make him fall in love with me again?”

“The mind may forget everything....” he paused before he said, “but the heart will always remember the feelings. I am sure Luhan. He may be confused now, but I know Minseok still has his feelings for you. He will come back.” Yixing said reassuringly.

Luhan smiled. “Thanks a lot.” Yixing gave him a comforting hug. “Anything else, best friend?”

“They’re going to watch a movie tonight.” Luhan pouted.

“Why not we watch a movie after work too?” Yixing beamed.

“I am so thankful I have you as a best friend.”

“You should. That’s why you should stop slumping and help me finish our work, okay?”

 

 

 

 

“Are you sure this is the right place?” asked Yixing

“Yes, I heard everything, dummy. They’re going to watch the 7:45 pm show of Avengers.”

“Oh, look, I think I see them. Come on, let’s meet them!”

Luhan grabbed Yixing’s hand as he was about to go to where Minseok and Joonmyun are.

“What?”Yixing questioned.

“What the hell are you doing?” Luhan hissed

“Going to greet them, of course.” He said casually

“Idiot. Idiot. Idiot. They didn’t know we are here, okay?”

“Then let’s make them know.”

“Aish.” Luhan scratched his head frustratingly. “Yixing, we are here to investigate, okay?”

“Investigate?” he raised his left eyebrow

“I mean... observe. Yes, that’s it. We’re going to observe them without their knowledge.”

“You mean we are going to spy them?”

“Observe. Okay?”

“Same thing.”

 

 

It was a free seating movie so it wasn’t really that hard for Luhan to get the nearest seats possible for them to execute his “observing” plan without getting noticed by both Joonmyun and Minseok.

He really didn’t get to enjoy the movie as much as Yixing does. He was too busy “observing” Joonmyun and Minseok, they’re close to melting in Luhan’s stares.

Joonmyun was a gentleman, he noted. Like what his best friend had told him, he really never took advantage of Minseok at the very least inside the movie house but for how long? For how long would he be able to trust the man not to steal the one person they both love? For how long would he try to resist the temptation that is already there right in front of him? Can he really let his guard down and trust Joonmyun fully?

 Can he really?

 

 

 

 

----------------

a/n: this is a rather quick update just to let you know i am alive. lol. and thank you so very much for still reading this although it gets really boring every chapter. ;~~; thanks for still being here. special mention to everyone who commented on my last chapter. ^^ you know who you are. ;D ciao!