Never Let Go

Never Let Go

 

 

 

“We’re back!” announced Yixing. “Oh, what’s with the atmosphere? Why are you guys all quiet? Did something happen while we were gone?” he asked worriedly.

“Nothing, really.” Kris lied only to prevent more complications.

“I—I think I should go.” Chanyeol stuttered. He’s still thinking what he has said a while ago. Regrets now started flooding his mind. He really should have not said that but he already did and there’s nothing he can do about it. Thanks to his loud mouth. Is it late to consider cutting his tongue now?

“Already?”

He glanced at his watch. “Uhm, it’s already late, Yixing. And visiting hours are almost over.” He answered. It was not really about the time, if he could stay until midnight then he would, but he’s too ashamed to face either Xiumin or Luhan right now.  

“Oh yeah, right!” Yixing realized “I think I should be going too. Luhan, will you be alright?” he asked now looking at his best friend.

“Yes, of course.  You guys should go. It’s been a long day.”

“Then I think I’ll go too?” Kris said a little bit unsure.

“Don’t worry, Kris. I’ll be fine. We’ll be fine. ” Luhan assured. He’s really thankful to have such wonderful friends although they are such worry freaks sometimes.

“Are you also leaving?” Minseok asked looking at Joonmyun. But Joonmyun didn’t hear him or he’s just not paying much attention so Minseok had to repeat his question. “Joonmyun, are you also leaving?”

“Huh? Yes, yes. I’m also leaving.” Answered by a rather perplexed Joonmyun

Minseok’s forehead creased. “Why?”

“Because.”

“Can’t you just stay?” he begged.

“No, Minseok. You and Luhan have lots of things to talk about.” He said it firmly that made Luhan respected him more. Joonmyun is a decent man. He wouldn’t use Minseok’s amnesia to get him. He wouldn’t use it to take advantage. He felt relieve at that gesture.

“There’s still another day for that. Can’t you just stay? I want you here.” He insisted.

“Minseok...” he trailed off

Minseok sighed. His pleading wouldn’t work on a stubborn Joonmyun. “Luhan, you are okay to leave tonight, right?” It’s more of demanding him to leave than asking him if he will stay.

“I...actually...I think...” He doesn’t really know what he thinks. He doesn’t really know what to say. He wanted to stay. He wanted to talk to Minseok. He wanted to clear some things. He just wanted to be with him. Is that too much to ask? “I think it’s... okay.” He finally said.

“What’s okay?” Kris said a bit hostile. He cannot help but -in. What the hell is wrong with Minseok? He just lost five years of memory but that is not an excuse to repeatedly hurt Luhan’s feelings.

“I said I’m okay to leave tonight. I think Joonmyun would be a better nurse than me.” He smiled a bit. That’s not what he really wanted but he will do it for Minseok. He’s afraid he’ll lose him more if he insisted what he really wants.

“No, Luhan. Stop being stubborn.” said Joonmyun “Minseok, you too. I’ll be back first thing in the morning.”

“B-but...” Minseok argued. Seriously, why are his friends being so dense? Can’t they see? He doesn’t want to be alone with this---this man! This man who he never likes in the first place, so he believed, and ended up being his fiancée. That’s too much information already and it’s making his head ache. So why would, as they expected, him to even be with him to have another conversation?

“No buts, Min.” he insisted. “Let’s go, guys?” he turned to their other friends. And the others just nodded. If he prolonged this conversation, he would end up giving up to Minseok’s pleads.

“We’ll leave now. Luhan, if you need something or whatever just give me a call, hm?”

“Will do. Thanks Kris!”

“Ya! Before you call Kris, be sure to call me first, okay?”

“Yeah, yeah. Thanks Lay!”

And so he ushered them into the door. He insisted on ushering them into the hospital’s elevator but Kris insisted that they’re already old enough to be guided. And besides, he needed to look after Minseok and not them. He noticed that Chanyeol is still not as hyper as he is. He must be really sorry, he noted, for what he had said a while ago.

He went back to see Minseok who had already shifted his position. His head now is facing on the other side of the bed.

“Minseok...” he started

“I’m tired, Luhan.” He said not looking back “I don’t want to talk. Can I just sleep?”

 “Sure, of course. Just call me if you need anything?”

But Minseok doesn’t have the luxury to reply since he already drifted off to sleep. Or so he thought. So he just went to his side and caressed his face.

“Good night, Baozi. You may have forgotten about me but I will never ever get tired reminding you how much I love you.”

And Minseok who he thought was already asleep felt a sudden tugged at his heart.

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------

A/N: I know, i know. My update tonight is rather... crappy. I'm sorry. T^T But i still hope you like it. ^^ And I don't want to promise anything.. but i think the flashback will be on my next update? :3 btw your comments on the previous chapter were really heart-warming. ;AAA; /sobs thanks for the lovely comments! ^^ The comments made me feel really loved. LOL. what am i saying?

@dibsfortwo: will try my best to update atleast every other day. ^^ that is the fastest i can. :D
@smiley44: you found 2 homin? ^^ You know, your comment made me sob. ;~~~; thanks!! ^^
@Callisto: oops, easy girl! The capslock police might find you and arrest you. :O And yes, Chanyeol, you need to learn your lesson. You're grounded! lol Oh, really a closet cassie? wow, nice! ^^ i've got a few close friends who are cassies. lol
@Yoonmi: i was liek wtf when i saw their reactions while holding.. or was that trying to get the mic away from each other? LOL. I don't really know what to call that ship. I should have used Baekhyun instead of Suho. LOLOLOLOLOL. I'm sorry Luhan, author thinks you deserve that. LOLOLOLOL. and baozi is loved by everyone!! ME TOO! Ya! Suho and Luhan, we love baozi too!!! And thanks! ^^
@starkey: Life is really cruel. DDDDD: