Never Let Go

Never Let Go

 

 

 

Luhan stared lovingly at Minseok's sleeping figure. It’s a habit he had grown accustomed since they got together.  His innocent and peaceful face made a small, thin smile curved up on his face. He missed it so much. He missed the old Minseok, the Minseok from yesterday, the Minseok he love, the Minseok who loves him back, the Minseok from five years ago.

Five years ago... He smiled as he began reminiscing over the first time they met.

 

 

 

“How could you do this to me Yixing? You know how important this event is for me!!!” Luhan said hysterically.

“I’m sorry Lu. It’s not my fault that one of my relatives died.” He pouted.

“You didn’t even know that relative of yours. Why must you go back in China?”

“You’re not listening. I’ve said it a hundred times already. It’s a custom in our family. Even though we do not know our relatives we still have to pay respect.” He’s getting frustrated.  “And besides, I have already found a perfect replacement for me.” He cheered.

“Perfect?” he questioned. “You know it’ll only be perfect if it was you!”

“Stop being stubborn Luhan” Kris interrupted. “We can no longer do something about it. Let’s just give this replacement a chance.” He said matter-of-factly. Yixing gave him a thankful smile because that statement made his best friend finally shut up.

“So, when are we going to meet Mr. Replacement?” asked Chanyeol who was quite disappointed because the bickering already stopped.

“Later, after class. I’ll bring him with me on the studio.”

“Be sure he’s as good as you or much better or else...” Luhan left his words hanging. He’ll just have to let Yixing’s imaginations to see all the possible things he can do to him if this doesn’t work.

Yixing on the other hand seems to be unaffected at the threat. “I’m confident you wouldn’t resort to any sorts of violence my dear best friend. This kid is awesome! I give you my word on that.” he gave his most reassuring smile.

Luhan just sighed.

 

 

The thing is in four days time he together with his band Anonymous will be performing on his father’s birthday. Sounds simple, but it is not. Especially to Luhan. Apparently, his father is a well-known musical director and his mother on the other hand is a famous orchestral violinist. Their family is basically well-known in the Music Industry and as the only son, people expected him to be like his parents. But apparently he’s nothing but that. He has inherited the love for music, yes, but he’s not a violinist. He tried but the poor little string instrument doesn’t seem to like him back. He also tried other musical instruments like cielo, trumpet, flute, guitar and the likes but no. He just can’t seem to be good at it. He knew the basic, yes. But he can never get as famous as his mother for playing those instruments. The only thing he’s actually proud of is that he’s able to play the piano. He can say he’s above average but still not enough to be a soloist in a concerto. He was already losing hope when his mother accidentally found out his talent when she overheard him singing in a bathroom when he was 10 years old. Not only can he sing well, he can also write song lyrics. When he was in high school he met his friends Kris, Chanyeol and Yixing and that is when they decided to form the band. Knowing too well where he excels at, he enrolled himself in Music major in song writing just this year in college to improve his knowledge and skills. And now he was given an opportunity by his father to perform on his birthday celebration where the most prominent people in the society will be present. So no one can really blame him now for being overly dramatic...

 

Especially now when he finally laid his eyes on that---

“What is that thing, Yixing?” he demanded

“Excuse me but I am not to be addressed as a thing.” the thing---guy---is offended.

“Luhan, your manners.” Kris reminded. Luhan waved him off.

Yixing scratched his head. Luhan can be a brat sometimes and he knows that. But addressing someone as a thing? He definitely knows how to offend someone. “He’s the replacement I was talking about earlier.”

“He’s the one?” he choked. That person couldn’t be the replacement Yixing’s talking about. He scanned the guy from head to foot. “He doesn’t look like one.”

“Are you expecting a Yixing Doppelganger then?” the guy countered.

“Oh, I think I already like him!” Chanyeol cheered.  “Hi, my name is Chanyeol,” he introduced himself. “I play the drums and the acoustic box. What is your name?”

“Minseok, Kim Minseok.” The thing---Minseok---answered. “It’s nice to meet you, Chanyeol” he smiled a bit causing a loud gasp from Chanyeol.

“Omo. Look at those fluffy cheeks of yours. You’re so cute!” Chanyeol beamed. “Lemme pinch it, please?”

Luhan rolled his eyes at the comment. Chanyeol was right. Minseok looked so cute. He doesn’t really look like someone who can play the guitar. He’s more of like a deliciously-looking mandu in their cafeteria.  The hell was he thinking? He shook his head. “That thing looked so young to be your replacement, Xing. How old is he?” he asked in an effort to distract himself from thinking inappropriate thoughts.

“I’m 17. And stop addressing me as a thing.” It was Minseok who answered, trying to be a bit more patient.

“Oh, so you’re also a college student? I did not expect that.” Kris was taken aback. “Oh, by the way, I am Kris, the keyboardist. It’s nice to meet you” He smiled.

“It’s nice to meet you too, Kris.” He smiled back.

 “How come I have never seen you in the Music Department?” he asked a little bit curious.

“Ah, that is because I am not from the Music Department.” Minseok answered casually.

“He’s actually from the Education department.” Yixing butted in.

“Education Department? Your replacement is a teacher???” Luhan hissed.

“Soon-to-be teacher.” Minseok corrected

“Err, whatever.” He rolled his eyes. “Where the hell did you get this thing, Yixing? Do you honestly think we’re playing games here? I don’t need a lecturer, I need a freaking guitarist!!!” he shouted furiously.

“I may be from the Education department but I can also play the guitar.” Minseok informed him

“I don’t need an amateur. Just go back to your building and practice your lesson planning skills.” He advised.

“You are a very judgmental person.” Minseok stated. “I don’t think it’s wise to judge someone by their looks and preferences.”  He paused. He should have walked out and followed Luhan’s advice but he did not. He was doing this for Yixing’s sake. “I think you should hear me play the guitar first before coming into conclusions. If you think my playing still doesn’t suit your preferences then I shall leave.” He tossed an apologetic smile at Yixing after saying that. There really is nothing he can do if Luhan doesn’t like him. Besides, he had already been judged way too much in just a day. He cannot afford another beating.

“We’ll hear you out.” It was Kris

(A/N: Please click this link as I do not know how to describe the whole playing of guitar thing. So just please listen.)

Minseok nodded. He knew just what to play. He started by hitting the first note, hearing it sounded right, he find the next note, and then the next...it’s like being submerged in a flowing river. The harmony is flowing. It's like taking what's in the background and bringing it to the foreground. It sounded just right.

A sense of rightness.

It is the sound of emotion, the cry of a soul, the unspeakable...

When Minseok finished, he heard three pairs of hands clapping.

“That was awesome!” cheered Chanyeol

“Yixing’s not wrong about you. You’ll do great!” Kris reassured

“Told you guys.” Yixing felt proud and at the same time relief. He then looked at Luhan, his expression still blank. “So?” he asked while the other three also anticipating.

“Fine, he can be your replacement. Just for this once.” He said firmly. “Just this once, okay?”

 

 

 

I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up

 

 

 

---------------------------------------

A/N: lame update y'all! :) sorry, the update took so long. i got distracted by THIS our ship is sailing, i was never wrong boarding here. ^^ So happy. but i was kind of sad because of the fan wars. :( it couldn't be helped at times though.... /sighs

@Callisto: Minseok being stubborn is kind of OOC. :( LOLOLOLOL. Sorry, Kris had the need to in. He cannot help it. Oh, glad you find this chapter the best. ;~~~; i thought i was doing wrong. lol
@Teeheehaha-ara: our feels~~ ;~;
@smiley44: Luhan will do his best. He is a fighter! lol
@dibsfortwo: I'm not sure.. i kind of like torturing Luhan :))) lolololol
@starkey: /le kreeeys w/ you. D: The xiuhan wedding... the wedding.. oh yes, the wedding.......
@yoonmi: WOAH. KAMTHAMNIDA. *___* KITHETH YOU BACK. lolololol