Never Let Go

Never Let Go

He had totally forgotten about them...

He doesn’t even remember them being together...

All those memories they shared with each other for five years were already erased on his mind...

Minseok is not his anymore...

 

Luhan crashed into the floor. Tears fell from his eyes. It was too painful, it’s suffocating him. His heart ached so much it's as if it was eating him alive. He cannot bear look into Minseok’s eyes because he’s afraid, too afraid, to not find him there. He must be a coward, but it’s unbearable... it’s excruciating.

He cannot let this happen, right? He must do something about it. Minseok must remember him. He shouldn’t give up!  It took him a few more seconds before he was able to stand up and wipe the tears from his now swollen eyes.

“Minseok-ah,” he lifted the latter’s palm and placed it over his chest, to his heart. “Can you feel my heart beating? Do you know that it only beats for you?” he asked as tears started falling again from his eyes. “You know I’m stubborn, right? That’s why even if you have forgotten about us, I’ll never give up. I’ll make you remember everything.” He smiled a bit, determination evident in his eyes.

Minseok felt sad. He felt Luhan’s heart beating faster against his palm. He knew the latter was telling the truth. There’s no doubt, he really do love him. He felt guilty. He didn’t know what to say. He didn’t know how to react. He just doesn’t feel the same way. “I’m sorry...” he muttered.

“It’s okay, we’ll take this slowly, okay?”

Minseok was hesitant. Is he really willing to do it? Does he really want to remember the feeling he once felt with Luhan? He doubted.  Surely, his heart would remember anything that his mind has forgotten, right? But why can’t he remember being in love with Luhan? Why can’t he feel anything towards him aside from guilt? Something’s really wrong.

Luhan noticed the uncertainty in Minseok’s eyes. He is probably debating with his mind now. Minseok cannot seem to trust him enough. It pains him so much.

“I’m not going to force you, Minseok.” He said. “I’ll go outside for a while...” He motioned to Lay and Joonmyun.  “Please take care of Minseok for me?” The two men nodded in return.

“I’m really sorry Luhan. This is really confusing.” Minseok then lowered his voice then to a whisper as he said, “But if you could give me enough time then maybe I can remember.”

That meant so much to Luhan. It gave him a little hope. He nodded understandingly before going out of the room.  

He needed to clear his mind. He needed some fresh air. The atmosphere inside the room is already suffocating him. If he stayed any longer, he will die. After a few conversations with Minseok a while ago he noticed how the other doesn’t feel comfortable around him. He counted how many times he stared at his eyes and for those times, he didn’t see anything. He didn’t see love. He didn’t see longing. There was really nothing in there. That alone crushed his heart into pieces; that alone made his heart stop beating.

He was spacing the whole time he was walking around. He didn’t even know if he was still in the hospital. He lost count how many times he bumped into random strangers. He’ll say sorry then started walking again not even looking at their faces. And the one he just bumped right now is no exemption.

“I’m sorry.” His head hung low.

“Luhannie?” the man called.

Now getting Luhan’s attention, he lifted his head and looked at the owner of the voice. “Jaejoong-hyung?”

He nodded. “You look like...”

“. I know” he continued.

“What happened?” he questioned, concern evident on his face.

Jaejoong is not only a family friend but also a licensed neuropsychologist. If he needed some answers to Minseok’s condition the man standing in front of him is the right person to ask.

“Minseok...” he started

“Is he confined in this hospital?” the former nodded. “What happened to him?”

“Car accident.”

“Is he okay?”

“He is okay, actually, his condition is getting better” he tasted the bitterness in his mouth. The other just gave him a confused look.

“If he is okay then why are you acting like that?”

“Well,it’s because...” he made a pause before answering. It still kind of hurts him to admit, “He has forgotten about me.”

“Oh...” he choked in reply. “Would you like to discuss it in my room?” Luhan nodded in agreement.

“Post-traumatic Amnesia” informed Jaejoong. “It is a state of confusion that occurs immediately following a traumatic brain injury. In Minseok’s case, this could have happened after the car accident.”

“Minseok just had CT Scan and they didn’t detect any signs of brain injury!” he protested.

“That is why he was in a special room, right? To monitor if there would be some abnormalities after the accident.” He explained.

“Okay, okay” Luhan’s getting impatient. “I don’t really need any lecture about this whole Amnesia thing. I just want to ask one thing.”

“And that is?” Jaejoong challenged

“If...” he hesitated. Jaejoong knew what the other’s trying to ask so he just answered, “You can help him remember. You have to try to help him.”

“So, will he be able to remember me in time?”

“It will take some time. I cannot really say, Luhan. Actually, there’s really no assurance.”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: hi everyone.. i've been really happy these past few days that it is soo hard to make luhan sad. D: lol, but i hope i did justice? expect lots of flashbacks on the next, next, next chapters. lol thanks for the comments and subs. ^^ i <3 u
@yoonmi: now that you mentioned it, have you seen their magazine photoshoot? the one with the mic thingy? lol minseok looked so mad but still looking so adorable. XD thank you!
@smiley44: let the drama begins! :)) thank you!
@callisto: luhan will get more and more and more emotional. lololololol. this is a punishment. kidding. wow, thank you. i am glad you like my writing style! ^^ thanks a lot!
@starkey: your curiousity will be answered soon.. :D