Chapter 43

Guardian

I did it. I freakin' did it. I updated!

Praise the lord. Now, but I have other matters to address to. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OH SEHUN AND LATE BIRTHDAY MINSEOK! Sehunnie, I love your lisp, your lip-, your aegyo, your love for Luhan, and so much more. Xiuminnie, you will forever look young, but actually be the oldest. Stay awesome like that. I hope both of you a lifetime of happiness and prosperity. <3

Also, just in case. HAPPY EARLY B-DAY TO LU HAN! I LOVE YOU ADORABLE LITTLE DEER, YOUR VOICE, LOOKS, HEART, PASSION, AND LOVE. EVERYTHING! Please don't get hurt and take care of baby Sehun.

Um, long A/N at the end. Anything in red is Mandarin. Green is Japanese.

And here's the update you've been waiting for.


 

 

(Alaina’s POV)

Another day had gone by. I pictured myself marking it off my imaginary calendar. Two days crossed out. Only four more to go. I had to endure it – to bear the pain of not doing anything. But that wasn’t compromising enough. Was avoiding my home, the orphanage, really a good idea? Here I was, losing my sanity just agonizing myself over the pros and cons.

That morning in my hotel bathroom, I inspected myself in the mirror and frowned. I pinched my chalky cheeks harshly and pepped talked to myself. Come on, Alaina. You have will power. Keep on fighting… Oh, who am I kidding? I have the will power of a three-year-old when he sees ice cream. I hung my head in shame.

Unlike yesterday, my school group had a different schedule planned today. Yesterday my peers maxed out their credit cards until they could practically feel the bottomless abyss of their bank accounts. Today was more school-related rather than money-spending related. We were visiting the Nezu Museum, then later on, for the remainder of the daylight, join the festivities at Yoyogi Park – somewhere I haven’t experienced yet in my twelve years in Tokyo.

Much to my disdain, the teachers encouraged us (psh, more like demanded us) to participate in as many activities as possible. The practical side of me realized the teachers wanted to ditch babysitting and have their own free time while we distracted ourselves. That meant tough luck for me. I wondered if I could survive this day...

 

 

 

 

First and foremost, we visited Nezu Museum with its periodic shift of exhibitions. The displays were showcasing original and traditional Japanese artwork and pottery that told its own history. I’ve never entered the museum’s premises before and I personally admired art and history, so observing my native culture’s works was pleasant and interesting. But that went down the drain when I suddenly recalled how Ayano loved exhibits like these and my tummy twisted nauseatingly.

That was me. Not everyone appreciated art, or had the attention-span of a…normal person?

My less-than educated guardians tried with no avail to understand historical Japanese art, or they didn’t try at all.

“What’s this supposed to be?” Sehun demanded, tilting his head sideways at a painting.

“I see a field of green troll hair,” Baekhyun supplied.

Tao shook his head, holding his chin as he observed the painting with his nonexistent artistic eye. “No, no, no. I see flying fishes.

“Or it’s a waterfall mixed with a medley of greens,” Key remarked bluntly.

The arguing three whirled their heads towards the informative one. “What? How do you know?”

Key simply pointed at the plaque with a description under it. “Reading and interpreting.”

Sehun huffed, lips twisting into a pout. “Not everyone can read Japanese, hyung!”

The blond guardian smirked. “I don’t read Japanese, but my intelligent daughter can!” Hyperactive, Key glomped me when I was absorbed in a deep discussion with Minho.

“Key-umma!” I hissed under my breath, voice low so I wouldn’t attract unwanted attention. I unsuccessfully tried to shake the skinny male off of me. “What’s with you? And don’t do skinship in a public museum!”

Key partially released me from his death hug and tapped the tip of my nose with a dainty finger. “Don’t use that tone with me, missy. That’s my job. And also, where are your hubbies?”

“Eh? Hubbies?” At the mention of them, I whipped my gaze across the bare, broad space of the display rooms skimpily abundant with people. There they were, both slouched on a bench, dozing off. Kai’s head was supported on Taemin’s slim shoulder, their pink-tinted lips slightly parted. I stifled a laugh. They were so cute. Other people were thinking the same thing, judging by their amused smiles.

“I swear they can sleep anywhere, especially Kai,” Minho muttered dryly, crossing his arms across his chest. “He must’ve convinced Taemin to be his pillow.”

“Alaina~” Baekhyun sang in his husky, musical voice. He waved at us blithely. “Our classes are moving! Time to go~”

Key and Tao instinctively hushed the skinny pretty boy because museums were designed for silence. Meanwhile, Minho and I slinked over to the dozing duo, and, as brilliant as I was, I snapped a couple of pictures of my oblivious soulmates. A perfect bargaining tool for blackmailing…and to have for memory’s sake. Minho was snickering behind his hand, thinking how funny I was when sly.

Zipping our lips about the blackmail pictures, Minho and I roused Kai and Taemin from their nap. My auburn-haired soulmate brightened when he saw me first thing when he risen. Whilst my dark-haired soulmate mumbled incoherently and clung to my arm as we left the building. On the bus, I let Kai snooze on my shoulder, Taemin and Sehun complaining the idiot was faking it.

Why should I care? He was my soulmate to baby over. I pecked his smooth forehead, and felt him smile contently, snuggling deeper into the crook of my neck. (I ignored the fuming aura behind me as Taemin seethed, “I swear, if there is a mark on her neck afterwards, that brat is dead meat.”)

My school group was chattering with excitement when we spotted the large expanse of Yoyogi Park up ahead, approaching closer from the distance. I saw hundreds of ant-sized people buzzing around in chromatic outfits, hand-made banners waving in the air.

Sehun’s and Tao’s eyes lit up like stars. “Wah!” the maknaes exclaimed in admiration.

“Looks fun,” Minho complimented with a beam. Darn that competitive sports-lover.

Everyone unloaded from the buses. Jea clapped her dainty hands to gather attention.

“Everyone, listen!” she trilled. “First we’re doing a head count! Then, please stay in your group or class when we release you! Don’t go astray! We’ll be here for about four hours before we gather up again to start our scheduled tour. So enjoy yourselves and have fun, araso?”

“Ne, Jea-seonsaengnim!” the students responded enthusiastically, swooning at the women’s lovely charms. My guardians were disgruntled, glaring at the pretty lady. The wavy-haired she-demon only beamed beatifically.

My entire senior year was divided up into their groups depending on our homerooms. Meaning me, Taemin, Key, Minho, and Baekhyun were happily clustered with one another. Although not in the same homeroom as us, Kai, Sehun, and Tao resolutely had us in their sights.

“Everyone just relax,” I groaned exasperatedly at the boys adhered to my side like super glue. Ever since the eager teachers and we energetic students deserted our starting point, my guardians were on high alert. “Enjoy the park. Have fun.”

“We’re fine,” Taemin dismissed curtly, hand tethered with mine. He lied, even though I knew he was yearning to dash off and play.

Key and Minho were marveling over the event’s list. “Let’s see…they have cycling races, relay races, dog competitions, dance offs, a fashion walk, karaoke, concerts…eh? Sailboat competition?” My substitute mom peered at me questionably.

Hearing him, I clarified, “Not real-life sailboats, just handmade ones that little kids make with their parents to race along the river here.”

Cute, but I’m more interested in the picnics,” Tao inputted, grinning.

Kai rolled his eyes. “You and food.”

Baekhyun poked the younger’s cheek. “Shouldn’t we be saying that to you and your love for Kyungie’s kimchi spaghetti?”

Kai spluttered indignantly while Baekhyun, Sehun, and Tao snickered.

Realizing they weren’t going to engage themselves in the fullness of the park’s events, I tugged on Taemin’s arm, dragging him and making the others follow me.

Sehun opened his mouth. “Where are we-?”

The maknae’s voice was drowned out by fanatic cheering and booming loudspeakers. I had led them to the music square, where two concert stages were set-up far apart, the musicians performing their songs deep from the heart. Nearby were stalls aligned in a row – the karaoke stalls. Complete with a karaoke machine, mic, TV, and loudspeakers. They also had a camera installed so the singers could have a memento of their performance. In make-shift stands, they were selling CDs and other merchandise.

Instantly, Baekhyun, Tao, Sehun, and Kai mingled into the busybody crowd, intrigued by the pop-rock style of the bands. The captivated four lost themselves to the music.

Well, that was a good start.

Key confidently strutted into a karaoke stall and paid the admission. I was grinning when I picked the perfect pop song that suited the fabulous diva. Rejoining Taemin and Minho at the sidelines, the three of us watched the hilarity unfold. Key owned the stage (the stall?), swaying his narrow hips, winking his eyes playfully, and raising his marvelous voice for all to hear.

Needless to say, Minho, Taemin, and I were cracking up. Pedestrians were thoroughly entertained and recorded the fanciful sight. Kai, Sehun, Tao, and Baekhyun found us a few minutes later, wondering why we were red-faced from laughter and why Key was signing autographs as if he’d been an idol all along.

The remainder of our experience in the park was memorable and pleasant. Baekhyun pawed through shelves of CDs, Key was starry-eyed at the fashion walk, Minho watched and joined competitions, and Taemin, Kai, and Sehun were amazed by street dancers breaking it down in the pavilion area. Together we shared laughs at comical plays and had our picnic lunch under blossomed trees, filling our bellies with delicious festival food. I had small talk with Eunmi, Jae, and Kyungmi as they recollected their spectacular day with zeal.

“Yah, Minho,” I asked, my green tea ice cream. We were munching on creamy, frozen treats, resting on our spread out picnic blankets, the plushness of the grass under us.

He glanced at me sideways, lowering his ice cream. “Hm?”

My voice was low and careful as I stage-whispered, “I forgot to ask before, but who are our eyes-in-the-sky?”

“Luhan and Kris,” the tall guardian whispered back. “They thought it’d be best to have the best trackers around if we keep roaming around.” His eyes crinkled as he smiled handsomely. “Also, Onew-hyung tagged along just in case they needed a Japanese-speaker present.”

I nodded in understanding. “I hope nothing goes wrong.” I my now-melting ice cream. “I don’t want innocent civilians getting hurt in a cross-fire,” I murmured.

Before I knew it, our fun in the park had to end. It was nearing three-thirty as the teachers (who seemed quite content with their souvenirs) rounded us up like cattle to herd us into the buses so we wouldn’t miss our shrine tour only ten minutes away. I perceptively noticed running streaks on top of rooftops and knew Onew, Kris, and Luhan were keeping eye on us.

I blew at my bangs. “Oh, great, I’ve been here a billion times,” I deadpanned as the tour guide droned on and on about the shrine’s landscape. It was beautiful, really, with a coin-shaped lake, small bridge, blossoming garden, and stone gate, but I’ve been here countless times. I could practically replace the tour guide and do all the nonsensical talking.

My school group milled around the area, scuffing their shoes at the concrete ground or pointing at anything that caught their interests. They were growing bored easily. Too bad we probably had a handful of tours left this week. If only our school hadn’t been so rich to book so many events into our schedule.

Kai nudged my side with his elbow. “Jagiya, you gotta admit, it’s a romantic scenery, isn’t it?”

I took one step back at his suggesting tone. “Don’t you dare make a move on me in public,” I half-threatened, half-warned.

He pouted. “No one’s looking. They all want to run off or take a nap. See?” He gestured at our classmates. Some boys were passing time by playing phone games or shamelessly flirting. I spotted Jae, Eunmi, and Kyungmi on their phones, too, probably updating their social networks or snapping pictures.

I sighed and mumbled under my breath, “Spoiled kids.”

My soulmate only smirked.

 

 

 

 

(Third Person POV)

“Guess, we’ll just stick around here for now,” Kris mused, crossing his long arms and leaning his towering frame against the tree trunk. His sharp hazel eyes narrowed as he peered through the thickness of leaves. Beyond the green and across a long expanse, he spotted what he sought for – a tall figure with alabaster skin and penetrating dark eyes with trademark panda circles under them. His endearing soulmate was chatting with Baekhyun and Sehun. Kris relaxed – just a bit, because he could also sense demons not far away.

Luhan, who was settled on a thick tree bough, swinging his legs back and forth freely, pouted unwittingly, staring longingly at his own target – er, protectee – her porcelain and ink features visible to him even from this great distance away. She was gazing at her hotblooded soulmate with tenderness, but pretended otherwise, slapping his shoulder as he told her cheesy, love-filled words.

The honey-blond haired guardian puffed out an annoyed breath of air and ceased kicking his legs back and forth.

Onew, sitting on a bough of a neighboring tree, glanced Luhan’s way when he heard the contempt sigh. “Eh? Something wrong, Luhan?”

The said boy blinked, realizing someone heard him. “Oh, me? Nothing, hyung. I was just…getting bored.” He deliberately looked somewhere else so no one could analyze his readable face.

Kris arched a thick brow when he detected the white lie in Luhan’s soft, sure voice, but did not prod him why.

The older guardian merely smiled, his chestnut-colored hair glinting a golden-copper where the sunlight shone through the canopy. “I see. We have been traveling for quite a while.” He glanced in the direction where his dear juniors and precious cousin were, his crescent eyes focused with attentiveness. “But still, we have a duty to watch over them. Especially with the she-demons right next to them.”

Luhan opened his mouth. “Onew-hyung, I kno-”

“Guys,” Kris interrupted sharply with intense urgency. Onew and Luhan snapped their heads the taller one’s way. He was standing upright, edged around the tree trunk to see something happening in the distance.

A flitting figure was extricating herself from the mass of people milling around the shrine’s courtyard, already swooping past the stone gates and gliding down the nearest sidewalk. Her figure was slight and feminine as a sylph, her footsteps light and graceful as a ballerina. She was fleeing fast.

Jea.

“She’s getting away!” Luhan cried, jumping off the branch to land on the grassy-patched ground below.

“Let’s go after her,” Onew ordered, landing on the ground also. Kris merely flew off while Onew and Luhan ran to catch up. They had to be cautious of exposure, although their ES influenced preying eyes to think they were hallucinating nonsense.

“What about Alaina and the others?” Luhan asked as they chased their disappearing target. They were nearing buildings now, of cafes and family-owned stores. More people poured into the winding streets with each step.

“They’ll be fine,” Onew said, keeping pace with the telekinesis guardian. “Key’s with them. Not to mention Alaina’s with her soulmates.”

There it was. That knot that tightened itself in Luhan’s chest. Why did he feel so conflicted when someone mentioned the Peacemaker? He swallowed and ignored the pain. “Araso.”

“Um, hyungs.”

The two halted abruptly and whipped around to see Kris standing a few yards behind them. When had he landed?

Luhan spoke confoundedly, “Kris, why did you la-?”

Kris was pensive and guarded when he gestured around them. “Look.”

They did. They were idling on a narrow street lined with tasteful souvenir stores and traditional Japanese tea shops. Dozens upon dozens of pedestrians strolled by leisurely. Nothing seemed amiss.

Wait. Something was amiss.

They had been too preoccupied to notice the slip of change within their surroundings. Tea shops and stores alike were stark and vacant as if a power outage had struck. Pedestrians that passed by were unsolid shadows with blurry faces – unreal and unanimated. The chatter of noise the guardians mistaken as normal city gibberish was actually repetitive hums and thrumming. Above them, the blue sky and glaring summer sun was completely obscured by the condense shroud of clouds, stitched together at the seams like quilt-work.

What. Was. Going. On?

Not batting an eyelash, the three guardians stood back-to-back in a defensive formation, warily scanning their bogus surroundings, anticipating an attack.

“Oh, tut tut,” drawled a sugary, honey-dripping voice. The sweet diabetic sound came from above them. Craning their necks, Onew, Luhan, and Kris spotted a lady standing precariously on a roof ledge of a two-story building. Although perched on the edge of a dangerous ledge, she poised herself quite steadily, not minding the fact she wore classy pumps. Even from down below on ground level, the boys could distinguish the she-demon’s sickeningly beautiful features with clarity.

“You know,” Jea began deprecatingly, but also in a disappointed inflection, “I expected you three to follow me, but I didn’t expect you to fall prey to my illusions.” She pointed a pedicured finger at Kris who tensed. “At least one of you fools caught on, but a second too late.”

Luhan pressed his lips together and belittled himself harshly. He was a Mentalist. A powerful one at that. He should’ve noticed Jea use her powers on them. But no. He had been too distracted. This shot an arrow at his chest, wounding his pride.

Jea snapped her fingers. The sharp sound sent a breeze to whisk away the imaginary pedestrians, dissolving their forms into dust. Now they were all alone. Three versus one. (If only it sounded as great as it should be, but it wasn’t.)

Jea smiled prettily, pink lips curving upwards. Underscoring the smile was a taunting message of I know something that you don’t know. “Aigoo,” she sighed, placing a hand on her cheek. “You boys shouldn’t have pursued after me. You’re going to miss it.”

“Miss what, if I may ask?” Onew questioned politely, but coolly. He played along with cryptic one-sided game.

“The first episode of a good show,” replied the she-demon simply, a malicious twinkle in her eyes. “It’s about to begin.”

With a sudden intake of breath, Luhan gripped Kris’ taut arm spastically, doe-eyes wide. “Miryo,” he choked, “and others. I sense two more demons in the area.”

At this, Onew frowned deeply, his placid exterior hardening. He gazed up at Jea icily. “I don’t what you filthy demons are planning, but release your – your illusion on us or else!” He meant the real deal, ready to use aggression if provoked.

Jea shook her head once, wavy tresses quivering. “Mianhae, leader of SHINee. My role was to separate you three from the others and to stall you for the time being. I must follow orders.” She eye-smiled down at them, but with a wicked glint. “So wait here and be good little puppies, araso?”

They had no say when a conjured up breeze blew by, sweeping Jea’s image along with it.

“Dammit,” Kris cussed.   

 

 

 

 

(Alaina’s POV)

Tingles of uneasiness and nausea caused me to shudder in revolt. At the same time, Key snapped his head up, darting his searching gaze left and right, his sensory abilities picking up disturbances like airwaves. Noticing his hyung’s alert stance, Taemin inched closer to me and seized hold of my waist. Kai frowned, shielding my left side, watching the barrier guardian’s finicky movements.

“Impossible,” Key growled, jaw rigid. “This can’t be. Please don’t tell me-” He broke off, finding the root of his frustration on the far end of the courtyard. “There!” he exclaimed, but not loud enough to alert the humans. He pointed. “A demon!”

Sehun, Tao, and Baekhyun simultaneously glared in that direction, across the flat green expanse of the courtyard. True enough, standing before a fringe of trees, was a lustrous brown-haired female who didn’t seem to fit the nature-oriented picture, hip cocked superciliously, twirling a ringlet of her hair. She wore a one-piece dress topped with a sleeveless leather jacket, legs sheathed with stockings, scuffing her boots at the dirt under her feet.

Key whipped one-eighty in the opposite direction, more baffled than ever. “Another demon,” he exhaled in disbelief.

Minho, Kai, and Taemin faced that way hostilely. This she-demon was leaning against a streetlamp post, donning sleek black pants, a hot pink halter top, and a white short jacket with three-fourths sleeves. Her short dark hair and eyeliner-applied eyes made her young, feminine features more remote and mysterious.

“Oh, crap,” Minho muttered, and sent a troubled glance at Miryo who was pretending to pay attention to the droning tour guide. “This is not good.”

Sehun tugged on Key’s arm imploringly. “Where are Luhan-hyung and the others?” the maknae whispered.

The older guardian gulped, then shook his head hopelessly. “Onew-hyung, Kris, and Luhan aren’t located anywhere near us. They ran off when Jea did.”

Tao bluntly stated the obvious. “We’re surrounded.” His heart was gripped with a mercilessly hand, conveying how he was worried sick for his soulmate’s whereabouts. These she-demons were threatening them with their own combined presences.

“I’m calling the others at the hotel,” Baekhyun announced, phone already pressed to his ear. A crease knitted between his plucked brows as he waited for someone to pick up.

Just then, as if bored watching grass grow, the brown-haired demon languidly raised an outstretched hand. Corresponding to her measly action, a stranger that was casually walking by froze midstep and released a frightened shriek. Her purse dropped to the ground as her hands flew to her horror-stricken face. Those with keen hearing heard the woman wail hysterically, “I can’t see! I can’t see! Why is everything black?! WHERE IS EVERYTHING?

I choked on a gasp.

Taemin and Kai immediately looked at me in concern. “Alaina?” Taemin said tightly while Kai asked, “What did that woman scream out?”

The first affliction signaled the brown-haired demon’s cohort. The short-haired girl raised her delicate hand to her puckered lips and blew a puff of breath as if to scatter away dust. But instead, a swarm of shimmering, pink butterflies exploded from her blow. Children wowed at the shower of magical insects which flew over the top of the trees, to the other side of the plot. The short-haired she-demon crossed her arms and smirked, sending ripples of dread throughout my body. Her consort laughed amusedly, and turned heel to tramp through the small thicket of trees. Gone.

“What are they doing?” Kai demanded, handsome face hardening in outrage.

His question was answered when audible screams from the far east side – where a park was located – broke the peaceful tranquility of the afternoon. Shrieks, shouts, and cries for help mingled together to create stomach-churning music.

I lost it.

I lurched out of Taemin’s hold to clutch at Key’s skinny arm in a death grip. “Help them!” I pleaded pitifully. Tears blurred my eyesight. “Help those people!” I was close to sobbing now.

Key was as dumbfounded as the rest of them. “Sweetie….”

“Everyone!” Miryo’s commanding voice was tinged with false concern. “Something dangerous is happening outside the shrine! We need to find a safe place to hide until the coast is clear! Do not panic and quietly follow your teachers in an orderly fashion. Come along!”

“No, forget her!” I said when my guardians looked like they wanted to confront Miryo. My classmates, including Eunmi, Jae, and Kyungmi, were trying not to panic as they scurried to the shrine for shelter. Unlike them, my guardians and I stayed planted where we stood on the courtyard’s concrete slab. “Other people need your help!”

“Chanyeol and the others are coming!” vocalized Baekhyun, grateful for some good news. “They’ll be here in about ten minute’s tops.”

Minho looked grim, but voice steady. “Araso, but we need to address the emergency right now. Let’s split up.”

“Baekhyun-hyung and I will stay with Alaina,” Kai intoned lowly, stepping forward to cradle me to his chest as I trembled, listening to the distant cries of people being assaulted by demonic butterflies or becoming suddenly blind. I shut my eyes and buried my face into his chest, wishing I could run away from this madness.

“Me, too,” Key offered impulsively, but Minho shook his head.

“No, Kibum. Your barriers will save more people, and, not to mention, us.”

The blond bit his bottom lip, then submitted with a reluctant nod. The athletic guardian nodded at everyone else. “Alright, let’s go!”

In a blink of an eye, Sehun, Tao, and Key streaked towards the brown-haired demon in the west, while Minho and Taemin sprinted to the eyeliner-eyed one in the east.

Baekhyun cleared his throat softly, noting how terrified I was – not me, but for the innocent people being terrorized by inhumane creatures. “Maybe we should take her somewhere safe.”

Kai nodded once cautiously, hugging me closer. “Not at the shrine, though. I bet Miryo is waiting to attack us there.”

Kai and Baekhyun coaxed me to walk, despite having wobbly legs. Eventually we left the courtyard, crossed the public square, and skirted around the avenue until we settled at an outdoor café filled with a sea of people. They were speaking in low, scared voices, thinking that an omen or evil spirit was the cause of all this mayhem. Seated in a chair with Kai’s fingers tethered with my own, I only shook my head despondently at their preposterous words.

The chaos should’ve ended as soon as it happened, but it didn’t. It stopped now.

“Huh?” I raised my head, looking out past the road. I listened carefully. Nothing. No more screaming, no more franticness, no more ruckus. I rose to my feet involuntarily, Kai and Baekhyun observing me worriedly.

“Alaina?” Kai asked, but I had dropped his hand and edged around the café’s outdoor tables, stumbling across the road and ignoring the ticked off drivers. My body was functioning on its own accord, and I couldn't disagree with it. I stopped before the shrine’s stone gate and panted. Murmurs from the lingering passerbyes floated over to me. They wondered if the invasion of butterflies disappeared, or if the crazy blind people were taken to the hospital.

My heart was pounding uncontrollably, my breathing coming out in short, distressed pants. Relief was slowly sinking into my system.

“Is it over?” I murmured, unconsciously gazing up.

Relief morphed into confusion when I saw that devilish smirk I loathed. She stood there despotically, on the swindling dirt path that led up to the shrine, hand on hip, looking like she won the lottery.

The past flooded back to me, drowning me under its massive currents.

Alaina?”

The pumping muscle in my chest stuttered, skipped a beat, and then wrenched painfully. I imagined myself a passenger in a car that slammed on the brakes, causing me to lurch forward, the seatbelt digging into my body as it arrested the bone-breaking momentum, my breath knocked out of me.

That’s how I felt.

Imitating the hand of a clock, I swiveled around counterclockwise, to face to owner of the voice that belonged to my childhood. A whisper escaped my parted, pink lips.

Yuki?”

Yuki was here. In front of me. For real. I wasn’t dreaming.

And what terrified me the most was:

Miryo had smirked because of him.

 

 

 

 


Disclaimer: I own none of these pics/gifs.

(This spot dedicated to the youngest of Exo, the maknae Oh Sehun.)

(Xiuminnie, I'm sorry for not updating on your birthday. Here.)

(Just in case I don't update in time. HAPPY EARLY B-DAY LULU!)

(SPAZZ BECAUSE I UPDATED! YAY!)

(Can anyone read what they're spelling out? ^u^)

(You guys weren't there when I almost had a heartattack seeing them model.)

(D.O. umma, I love your new look. You, too, Kai! Both of you are so playful during Angel. *sighs contently*)

A/N: Er, so. I'm sincerely sorry for not updating, my writer's block, major tests, long-term projects, tight money problems, and emotional state haven't been in top shape. My best friend, who also loves SHINeeEXOBAP, moved schools, so I'm completely isolated in gym class. Also, I finally confessed to my mom I wanted to audition. Needless to say, she shot me down from the skies and I crashed landed in hell. I was really pissed off (excuse me language) for many days, but then acted like nothing's wrong. I'm going for a more appeasing, practical approach now. My brother hasn't been helping with my parents' mood lately because of his rebellious, lazy actions. He's literally under house arrest. Yeah, so I'm still recovering from depression and whatnot. Please hope my year gets better. One day, I will be in front of judges singing my heart out. One day.

THANK YOU TO ALL MY DEVOTED AND NEW SUBSCRIBERS! IF IT WASN'T FOR YOU, I WOULDN'T BE POSTING FANFICTION ONLINE! Please upvote my story! I'd appreciate it. Until then, SS.