Chapter 22

Guardian

*Re-edited version 12/11/12*

I think this chappie is kinda boring and was meant to be a filler, but I added some fun. Who likes to see a spar between the Happy Virus and the guardian/leader of EXO-K? Hehehe. :P Anyway, sorry for mistakes or confusion. Thanks for commenting or subscribing because it brightens my day to write more. Love you dearies~

Disclaimer: I do not own pics.


 

 

(Alaina's POV)

When I saw the scene before me, I recoiled, thinking I must be conjuring up nonsense. This wasn't a dream - it was an image of what was happening right now.

Before me, sitting somewhere on a platform in a dark, aged room, I saw Zelo's exposed skin badly bruised and slightly bleeding. His ghostly pale skin was discolored horribly and his face was tinged with a sickly greenish hue as if he was ill.

How did this happen? I thought in disbelief. I wanted to rush forward and aid Zelo, but I was just a hovering consciousness, not really present in reality.

Littered by Zelo's side was a first aid kit. Zelo was trying to patch himself up, but kept wincing and hissing in pain as he medicated his wounds. His clothes looked tattered and charred.

Footsteps lightly echoed - in a hallway? - and another figure appeared. He had the same tattoo designs as Zelo, stylish, neat hair dyed a dirty blond, same aphotic eyes, and wore the same neutral, punk-like attire as Zelo. He was really handsome, too, but unequivocally a demon. The young man sighed when he saw Zelo struggling and strode forward with a little bottle in hand, sitting next to Zelo.

"Here's the vial. Drink it before you pass out," instructed the older demon. He humphed as Zelo obediently downed the vial and swallowed thickly. The sickly greenish tint in Zelo's face faded. The boy sighed in relief.

"Ugh," Zelo groaned in annoyance. "Himchan-hyung won't stop poisoning me because he knows we have potions."

"Let me help," volunteered his hyung, snatching the gauze from him and securing it over Zelo's bruised, battered arms. "Aish, Jongup sure was bored to do this damage on you." Zelo winced as his hyung treated his wounds, not too gently but helpful enough. "Good thing I didn't team up with him."

Zelo's brow twitched in irritation. "Fighting two crazy sadistics were bad enough, I don't need to battle against the unbeatable pair." He hissed when his hyung tied the gauze a little too tightly, but the other demon was passive.

Those names are the hyung-deul that bully him, I realized, trying to recall their powers and faces but only saw flashes. I stared intently at Zelo's blond-haired hyung. He's...Daehyun. He and Jongup usually team up when fighting. I have to remind Onew-oppa that.

Daehyun dabbed an ointment-soaked cottonball on Zelo's face, making him cringe and flinch at the stinging sensation. Daehyun's lips twitched an amused smile. "Seeing this damage, it'll take about two days to fully heal. Too bad we demons don't heal faster against other people with ES."

Zelo huffed, shoulders deflated. "It's not worth being a demon..." he mumbled bitterly.

Daehyun flicked Zelo's forehead to which the boy yelped. "You shouldn't be dissing your own kind, kid. Being a demon is better than our old, boring lives as humans. No fun in that. Having powers and immortality is better than nothing."

"You're just saying that," Zelo snapped back. "You're not the one being bullied constantly and have to go to school with more bullies after you."

"Life isn't fair," Daehyun quoted with an offhand shrug.

"I wish I was a guardian..." whispered Zelo almost silently.

Daehyun's passive expression was slightly changed by the vigilant gleam in his eyes. "Say that in front of Himchan and he'll beat your . Use your head, Zelo. We can't be guardians no matter what - it's impossible. We were born as humans, not Inhumans."

"Still want to be one, though," mumbled Zelo, downcasted.

Daehyun shook his head. "Keep on dreaming, kid. It'll never happen. Demons have no chances, after this immortal life, we go to the Doomworld only to serve the same person again."

Zelo's hands clenched upon hearing that. His eyes tightened under his fringe.

Who do they serve? I thought, intrigued. I still haven't learned much on demons...

Daehyun jumped off the platform, brushing off his hands. "Anyway, leader has a stockpile of messages from Block B. They're wondering if we're deciding to kidnap the Chosen One soon. He told them she wasn't fully healed and was weak, so they backed off, but they sure are going to blow a fuse soon. If we don't do something productive, they'll personally decide to intervene."

Zelo's snapped his head up. "Jinja? But I thought they had to lay low..."

Daehyun shrugged carelessly. "It's Block B. They do what they like. Not to mention they're the King's favorite maniacs." He rolled his eyes at the biased opinion.

"They're not even that talented..." muttered Zelo.

"Whatever. I suggest skipping school for a few days. You'll rouse suspicion with your wounds. The guardians won't hesitate to capture you while you're so weak," advised Daehyun and sauntered off in the shadows, hands in pockets.

Zelo sighed and laid back on the platform. He stared up the the dark ceiling.

"I wish I'd died than become this..." he murmured.

And then my subconsciousness was reeled back as if taking a picture out of a frame. I was into a hazy black world until I felt my consciousness resurfacing. My eyes flashed opened. Sunlight blared onto my face and hair, blinding me. How much time had passed since the dream and when I was dwelling in darkness?

All I could think of is Zelo. He needed help. He needed a friend.

 


...



"What?" I gasped incredulously.

"We told the school you were bedridden and were too weak to attend school," repeated Onew, keeping a straight face but sensing my offended feelings. "It's Sunday today but we told them you probably wouldn't improve from your injuries until maybe next week."

"And you didn't ask for MY opinion?" My voice pitched from this absurdity. "So I'll be stuck at home? Wait, I can't even go to work either, can I?"

Onew shook his head apologetically. "Key and D.O. will be taking turns filling in for you. The owners wished you a good recovery."

Irked, I tossed my hands in the air. "So what am I supposed to do?" My voice was getting aggravated by my rising volume, sounding more breathless and raspy. I saw Onew warn me with a look. I swallowed and said in a more subdued manner, "Can I at least return to my Inhuman studies?"

Onew nodded amiably at the request. "Suho, Jonghyun, or Minho will be switching days to advise you after they come back from school, but take it easy. Just take this time to relax. Minho will collect your missing schoolwork and bring it home for you to work on, too."

I crossed my arms, raising a speculative brow. "You're doing this to hide me again, aren't you?"

Onew whistled a tune innocently and scampered off.

"Yah, oppa!" I yelled, following him into the kitchen, coughing behind my fist afterwards. The clumsy leader had situated himself at the table, pretending to be absorbed in a newspaper.

"Morning, Princess!" Sehun beamed at me and I forgot about bantering with Onew upon seeing his exuberant face. What a nice kid! And he was older than me! (I was referring to Inhuman age wise, not human.)

I sat down sulkily at the kitchen dining table. I buried my face in the circle of my arms with a huff.

"You and Kai could seriously be twins - no wait - if you add in Taemin, all three of you could be triplets," commented Baekhyun, sitting across from me, grinning in amusement. "You three act the same, the way you pout and sulk, but you and Kai keep biting your lips."

"I purse my lips," I corrected, not raising my head to look at him. I glanced up the slightest under my bangs. The aroma of coffee and breakfast made my stomach rumble but my throat couldn't handle solid food. Skipping over from his kitchen zone, Key placed a mug in front of me, steam emitting from the hot contents.

"Drink the tea," he ordered me motherly. "It'll make your throat feel better. Then you'll take your medicine."

"Ne, umma," I grumbled, raising my head and clasping the heat-radiating mug. Sipping the steaming concoction, the warmth and herbs eased down my throat to the pit of my empty stomach. Key smiled and patted my hair.

"Aigoo, she's so cute," chuckled Chanyeol beside Baekhyun, his long arm slung over his soulmate's chair.

"Looks like the dance machines are sleeping in today, but they'll be energized later on," commented Jonghyun, poking at his food. "And D.O. will be taking Alaina's shift again, so he's getting ready to leave. What do you want to do?"

I mused into my tea, "I wanna practice memory reading again. That, or...I wanna help track down B.A.P's headquarters."

"Aniyo," interjected Onew immediately, lowering the newspaper. Now he paid attention to me.

I pouted. "I want to help! I know what it looks like from the inside and I have better sensory than all of you!" I didn't tell them I wanted to help Zelo, who was hurt and alone in a dark place. He reminded me too much of myself back in the orphanage. I used stare aimlessly out the window a lot too...

"We'll do fine without you," reasoned Minho, entering the kitchen when he heard my request. "We have Readers and we'll track the building down from the details you'd told us. And Key has more practice with sensing people with ES."

I grouched into my tea now, glaring at the foggy, tinted liquid. "I'm so useless..."

"Ani, you're not," Onew amended quickly. "You did your best on Friday. You gave us leads and clues."

I was deadpanned even at the praise. "Yeah..." I murmured, sighing because I was stumped.

Key squeezed my shoulder. "Don't worry about it, sweetie. Besides, hyung-deul found some more connections with B.A.P. So far they found the demons that created them, and when Zelo died as a human. We even discovered the human identities of the rest of B.A.P."

"You should be wary of Himchan and Jongup," I said softly. "They're powers are horrible. They use their powers to discipline Zelo. He has all these bruises and gashes and looks ill."

Minho narrowed his probing, double-lidded eyes. Everyone was listening to me intently. "Did you see something again?"

I inhaled a deep breath, trying to recollect what I discovered from my dream, but it was hard when I was distracted about Zelo's condition. "Zelo was talking to Daehyun, treating his wounds. Himchan's powers has to do something with poison or making someone sick. Jongup I'm not too clear on, but he sure can cause some major bruising and maybe even some burns. I also heard that Daehyun usually teams up with Jongup and they're 'unbeatable' that way. Yongguk, their leader, was contacted by someone called Block B, mentioning they were impatient and something else. And...I think I heard the word 'King', 'Chosen One', and 'Doomworld'."

When I voiced those terms, the guardians stiffened the slightest and exchanged tense glances.

"What?" I demanded, frowning.

"They were talking about their King," Suho hissed in trepidation. "That's not good. And they used the word 'Chosen One' again. Onew-hyung, you don't think-"

"Let's not make assumptions," cut in Onew, very apprehensive. "All these random facts and clues are throwing us off course. We should probably reorganize our leads again and learn more about B.A.P.'s connection with Block B. They're probably up to no good again..."

"It's too bad we can't ask Super Junior about Block B," mused Minho, tapping his chin. "They personally know more about them then we do..."

Onew tossed his newspaper aside. "I'll be going to my office. Jonghyun, Minho, Suho, meet up with me when you're done with breakfast."

"Ne," the mentioned three chorused. Breakfast resumed.

The mother figure of SHINee sighed, hands on hips. "I'll bring them some snacks later. Looks like it's going to be another long research."

"Should I have told them that?" I asked, disheartened. "They look too...taut."

"Don't worry, demons are meant to be annoying," Sehun told me and smiled to cheer me up. I smiled back faintly and drank my tea.

 


...



(Taemin's POV)

Respectively, after stalling with their bathroom rituals and leisurely picking out their outfits, Taemin and Kai officially woke up. Right now they were heading down the hall together, just in time to see a serious-faced Onew slip into his office. It surprised them seeing the placid leader so riled.

"I wonder what's wrong with hyung?" wondered Taemin, scratching his cheek. He had a suspicious feeling, urging him to investigate.

Kai grinned. "Wanna spy on him?"

Shuddering, Taemin shook his head. "Do you want to die? Onew-hyung is super scary when he's mad."

"As I saw," Kai agreed, recalling when Taemin and Onew lost their tempers with each other. "But he seems sooo suspicious..."

Taemin debated, his childish curiosity sparking but battling with the patience and composure he should portray.

"Fine, but you're taking all the blame if we're caught," Taemin decided finally.

Kai shrugged. "Onew-hyung's not my leader, and I get nagged by my 'parents' anyway..."

As stealthily as they could, they snuck over the the office door and braced their ears against it.

On the other side of the door, they heard Onew's muffled voice greet someone, "Leeteuk-sunbae, thanks for answering my sudden message - again."

"What is it this time, Onew? Don't tell me someone else found a soulmate," inquired Leeteuk from a device.

Taemin and Kai widened their eyes at each other. Onew had told Leeteuk about Alaina!

"Actually, it's concerning Block B," amended Onew. "Have you encountered them since?"

"Ani, not since a couple decades ago," replied Leeteuk. "What about them?"

"We officially found the identities of the demons they created long ago, with the help of Alaina," revealed Onew.

"Omo, jinja? She's one good informer," praised Leeteuk. "Who are the demons?"

"They're still around and have been pursuing after Alaina," informed Onew. "They are named B.A.P. Alaina hints they are very skilled and powerful - the reason why Block B personally created them."

"Ne, from what I saw twenty or so years ago, the newly created demons were very powerful for someone just reborn into their new forms," disclosed Leeteuk. "Block B were drilling them to reek massive havoc. I had always wondered why Block B suddenly had a whim to create those newborns. I think they had this tracker or something with them to determine if they were worth such talent to train with. Now I know."

"Did they look like this?" Onew asked. Taemin assumed Onew was showing Leeteuk pictures.

"Hmm...yeah. Judging the before and after images, definitely," affirmed Leeteuk. "Why all the questions?"

"We're planning to wipe them out," replied Onew. "They've become a nuisance towards us and especially Alaina's safety. She got hurt twice in the past two weeks and encountered the youngest demon more than once. She had seen some dreams where they were speaking about Block B and their King."

The snooping pair grimaced at the word.

"But the most worrisome detail is they inferred to their 'Chosen One'," stressed Onew. "Do you think...they've found the Peacemaker? 'Chosen One' is their term for her. Block B has been in contact with B.A.P, talking about her."

"I hope not," said Leeteuk warily. "Suju had to reorganize the search into smaller numbers and shorter time slots with all the appearances of demons. But they're easy to deal with, it's just that they're too many of them popping out of nowhere. Everyone delt with at least two demons in the past month."

"I'm sure it's not B.A.P.'s doing," Onew opinionated. "Their attention is on us and Alaina. Maybe it's Block B or someone else."

"We'll try to figure it out," assured Leeteuk calmly. "Block B and Suju have some unfinished business to settle anyway. If you do find them, just ring me and we'll come over to settle the score."

"I'll see what happens," promised Onew. "Annyeong, sunbae."

"Be careful, Onew," said Leeteuk. There was a click and then it was quiet.

"Whoever is out the door, come in."

Oh no, Taemin thought in horror when his hand automatically turned the door and both him and Kai entered obediently. Their postures were upright and wooden. Onew was standing behind his large desk, hands braced on the surface, brows raised. Morning sunlight streamed from the window behind him, enveloping Onew in a warm, bright glow as if he was a blessed king. His amber brown hair glinted like a golden crown.

"I should've guessed it was you two," he sighed, and flopped backwards into his chair. "Close the door and sit down."

They did, sitting in the chairs before Onew's desk as if he was a principal scolding mischievous kids.

Onew leaned his chair back. "How much did you hear?"

"All of it," Kai blurted out.

"I can't believe you told me not to tell anyone about Alaina but YOU did!" Taemin whined, pointing accusingly.

Onew held up his hands. "We're both at fault, but for me, it was because Leeteuk-sunbae caught my slip up. It was unintentional."

"Oh." Taemin sagged into his seat, pouting.

"So Super Junior knows about Alaina?" Kai asked. "Or it's just Leeteuk-sunbae?"

"Just him," Onew confirmed. "He was the only one I could trust, but at least Suho is here to help me."

"I heard Alaina found some more information about B.A.P," said Taemin. "What kind of information?"

"Mostly how B.A.P. is connected and been in contact with Block B. She gave us more warnings about the dangerous potential two demons have - Himchan and Jongup. And they've been talking about their King lately."

"He is rising," Kai said quietly. "But not without the break of the seal which only the Peacemaker can do. Did they find her?"

Onew shook his head, burdened by the riddles. "It's not clear. I feel like Block B and B.A.P. are corresponding on the same devious scheme, yet with different tasks in mind. Block B must be strategically commanding B.A.P. while they hide in the shadows, doing something else."

"Cowards," muttered Kai.

"So you wanted to inform Leeteuk-sunbae?" Taemin summarized.

Onew nodded. "Just a heads up, and to hear what he thought. He confirmed the identities of B.A.P." He sighed. "We'll be starting the search for their headquarters soon. Alaina wanted to join but I said no. After Youngjae's warning, we shouldn't let her out in the open."

Taemin nodded fervently. "I'll join the search. My prognostication powers might come in handy. Maybe Kai should come, too."

"Then you'll be heading out with Key and Minho and Jonghyun." Onew murmured, "Looks like Sehun and the others will have to entertain Alaina for today..."

The door pried open and the rest of SHINee and Suho walked in then, all surprised seeing Taemin and Kai conversing with Onew.

"Bwoh? What are you two doing here?" asked Jonghyun.

"Uh." The younger two exchanged panic looks, unsure what to say.

"I just scolded them for being a bit silly," Onew said with an eye-smile. The message of 'don't tell anyone about me contacting Leeteuk' was clear.

"You two better go downstairs and eat breakfast," advised Key. "You missed most of it. And my poor daughter is all alone without her soulmate, acting grumpy for being house arrest, having only Sehun and Baekyeol as company." That was pointed directly at him.

"Alaina!" exclaimed Taemin belatedly. He jumped out of his seat and zoomed out of the office with a breeze in his wake.

Kai stood up awkwardly. "Er...I'll just go now." He ducked his head and hurried after his friend.

Suho chuckled in amusement. "Kids..."

 


...



(Alaina's POV)

Later on, it was past noon when Onew gave the okay to go track down B.A.P.

Before he left, Taemin apologized to me repeatedly as he joined the search crew to track down the demons' headquarters. I put on a non-dejected face and basically waved him off, all but kicking him out the door. D.O. was at the cafe, and the two leaders were stuck in the office again.

I sulked again.

"I'm booored," I mumbled, rolling around in the grass of the pampered backyard. In Japan, whenever I felt bored, I would visit the orphanage to play with the kids, but here, it wasn't that simple. Yuki and I would mess around as if we were kids again. The thought of him made my hand unconsciously rub at the necklace he gave me.

"Should a girl be rolling around in the grass?" Sehun asked skeptically, watching me stain my clothes with loose grass and dirt.

"I don't know," I sighed. "I just am."

"Bored?"

"You bet."

Sehun sat cross-legged next to me and pondered. "Hm...what happened if we showed you our powers?"

Chanyeol perked his head up. "Powers say what?"

"You're not allowed to release your powers because it emanates your ES," I pointed out.

"Psh." The fire giant waved the warning aside. "Key has a barrier set up, and we'll keep it to a minimal."

"But Onew-oppa and Suho are inside," I reminded him.

"Chill. We'll use you as our incentive," said Chanyeol brashfully. He positioned himself in the middle of the wide backyard. His broad grin was visible to me even from far away. "Sehunnie~ spar with me~"

"Don't show off," Baekhyun hollered after them, sitting in the maknae's spot when he scampered off excitedly.

"Ne!"

"Whatever."

The two eager boys poised themselves, sinking into concentration, sizing up their opponent - each other. I had to admit, I was curious to see their powers in action.

Suddenly Chanyeol waved his hand and a fireball surged forward to hit Sehun, but the latter motioned circularly, and a small vortex of wind in the fireball and extinguished the flames. Seeing their relaxed but competitive expressions, this was only a warm-up.

"Whoa," I breathed in awe.

Baekhyun chuckled. "That's not everything."

Chanyeol released a repetition of fireballs, larger and faster than before like rockets. Sehun held out his hands. A whirlwind surrounded him, the fireballs caught within the air streams, spinning around, and Sehun directed them back at his hyung. Holding out his hands to catch the hurtling fireballs, Chanyeol calmly absorbed the fire back inside him.

"Nice one," laughed Chanyeol.

Entertained, I clapped my hands as if enjoying a good show - which I was. "Daebak!"

"How about Baekhyunnie?" Sehun proposed with a smile.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and stood up, switching places with Sehun. The two soulmates poised themselves.

"Ready, Baek?" asked Chanyeol, grinning impishly.

Baekhyun nodded. "Ne."

Chanyeol waved his hand to launch a row of fireballs. Baekhyun held out his palms, beams of light shooting out to individually counteract each fireball, knocking each other out into exhaust. Baekhyun spun around to unleash a large beam of light powered from both hands, straight at Chanyeol. This was Baekhyun's signature attack: the Solar Gun. Chanyeol returned the gesture by blasting a barrage of fire. The two elements intercepted halfway and PWOOSH! Sehun flicked one finger, a breeze blew in to clear the smoke from view. The two soulmates were grinning at each other approvingly.

I laughed. "Sugoi ne! Daebak!"

"Looks like Princess is happy again," chuckled Sehun, sharing my happiness.

Baekhyun fixed his hair even though nothing was wrong with it (being a male model had its perks). "Looks like we're getting rusty, though."

"I beg to differ," scoffed Chanyeol. "I'm sizzling."

We laughed.

"What's going on here?"

We all whirled around, caught redhanded. "Oops," we uttered, seeing the two placid leaders standing on the porch, hands on hips (Onew) and arms crossed (Suho).

"Alaina wanted to see our powers," blurted out Sehun, poking his two index fingers together sheepishly. "She was bored..."

I nodded earnestly. "Suho - um - can I see you use your powers?" I pleaded with my eyes, trying to portray the puppy-dog expression I'd seen kids use.

The younger leader was floundered at my sudden request, disoriented at my aegyo. "Uh..."

Onew lounged on a patio chair. "Oh, go ahead. Alaina has nothing to do but sit around anyway." He smiled kindly at me and I beamed back gratefully.

Suho shrugged, going to round off with the overly-bouncy Chanyeol. The two opposites poised themselves, a leaf fluttering by in the wind as they matched stares, waiting for the first move. Water and fire, I remembered, eyes locked on them.

As the more predictable one, Chanyeol blasted fire at his leader head-on. Suho foresaw this and swiftly motioned his hands, water from the fountain surging before him, creating a protective wall of water to counteract with the blazing flames. Chanyeol raised up the intensity, the warm air becoming hotter. Sunset flames thickened and roared, evaporating the water, steam hissing in the air. Who was going to give in? The calm leader or the hyperactive second-in-command?

Suho controlled several tons of water, swirling around him like a wheel. Using the water from his barrier, he discharged jets of water at Chanyeol. Chanyeol had no choice but to release his current position, fire dispersing, to call forth a wall of fire to block the water jets. Then both of them had the same idea and converged their elements closer, like two tsunamis colliding. Steam and fog obscured the scene.

"Easy with the steam!" whined Sehun, motioning his hand for a strong breeze to blow away the clinging fog from the audience. A fireball erupted from the fog and a swift spout of water extinguished it.

"Aish," sighed Baekhyun, resting his cheek on his hand. "Here they go again. Suho-hyung and Yeollie tend to drag out their battles because of their opposite elements."

"They're amazing," I said, marveling. "And they're not moving from their spots."

"They want to see who'll budge," explained Onew. "Forcing another person to execute a closer range of offensive tactics means you're being pressured - that, or you have bad defense."

"Chanyeol prefers offensive though, and Suho likes defense," pointed out Baekhyun, "but battling with elements that can be utilized in the same way, it nulls both of them. They both have to watch out for their defensive and offensive sides."

Suho decided to be a bit more aggressive. He beckoned with a hand, and whatever vapor in the air formed into water daggers. The liquid-daggers rained down on Chanyeol. The taller male blasted a tremendous amount of fire at his leader, distracting him so he send arrow-like flames to cancel the daggers.

"I see what you mean," I said, captivated by the guardians' integrity.

Chanyeol and Suho resumed bantering back and forth with fireballs and jets of water, neither giving in an inch. Every movement was swift, every command was instant.

"Hyung-deul, you guys are taking too long!" Sehun complained, hands cupped over his mouth to amplify his voice.

Chanyeol and Suho relaxed their postures.

"Tie?" asked Suho, smiling pleasantly.

Chanyeol flashed his pearly whites and shrugged. "Tie it is."

"That was astounding!" I enthused ecstatically as the two fighters joined us on the grass. Chanyeol laid his upper body in his soulmate's lap. Baekhyun played with his soulmate's golden curls.

"I wish I could've sparred with Taemin, though," admitted Chanyeol. "His power is something to watch out for. He lasts longer than the rest of us, and he's never easy to catch unless you're Minho or Onew-hyung."

"Star power," coughed Onew innocently and I laughed at the inside joke.

"It's kinda sad to know I can't show off in battle like you guys," I confessed, a smidge jealous. "All I have is my head."

"Luhan-hyung from Exo-M has that problem, too," Sehun tossed out. "His power is telekinesis and telepathy - one of the most strongest Mentalists around. Nothing flashy, but very useful." He scratched his cheek thoughtfully. "I guess you can count in Lay-hyung as well since his power is healing. He doesn't like to fight."

"How do they defend themselves without help from others?" I asked.

"They have a choice to use weapons," Onew clarified. "We all have combat training of all sorts. That's how I get through in battle, too, if needed." It was hard to imagine Onew fighting hand-to-hand combat or with a weapon. He was such a nice person, and a ditzy one at that.

"Tao - the maknae of Exo-M - always fights hand-to-hand combat," Suho inserted. "He knows wushu, and combined with his influence over time control, he never lost a battle, even against the leader of his group."

Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Sehun snickered when Suho said that, amused by a memory. "It's so sad, Kris-hyung losing to the maknae," chortled Chanyeol, smacking his thigh. "Tao always wins against Kris-hyung."

Sehun nudged me with an elbow, our ES flickering close to each other. Good thing I was wearing a long-sleeved sweater. "Kris-hyung has a weakness for aegyo like you."

I smiled. "Hahaha. I'll remember that if I ever meet him. Exo-K is close to Exo-M, right?"

"Ne, we are one afterall," said Baekhyun with an eyeroll. "Exo-M is considered the older group. I remember someone back home saying Exo-M meant 'men' and Exo-K meant 'kids'."

It was all too much, I bursted into giggles, clutching at my stomach.

Gazing upwards, Chanyeol flicked his soulmate's forehead with a finger. "You just had to tell her that."

Baekhyun nursed his wound and pouted. "Mianhae."

"But if you compared both groups, you'd see why," said Onew, smiling.

I'd like to meet Exo-M, too, I wished. All the guardians I've met so far are so kind and spirited. No wonder they're the good guys.

 


...



(Third Person POV)

"What should we do about SHINee and Exo-K?" asked someone aloud, fixated on the topic. "They've been a hindrance to our progression."

"Not like another few days or so will matter," mumbled someone. "The King's been sleeping for ages."

"Hush," someone chided him.

"Can't we sneak up on them and take them out?" someone suggested very eagerly.

"Ani, Super Junior will notice if we move from our spot here in Incheon, but we do have to join up with B.A.P. somehow to add to their numbers," reasoned someone else with tactical reason.

"I'd rather just let B.A.P. deal with everything. I'm bored of this nonsense," griped a grudgeful person.

"You're lucky sunbae-deul aren't here to punish us for your loyalty issues," a person snapped irritably.

"But what do we do?" demanded the first person.

"Until some action happens, we wait," concluded someone very calmly. "That's all there is to it."

 


...