Chapter 42

Guardian

AAAAAHAHAH! I managed to update! I'm so freakin' sore! My gym class was killer. Apparently, we girls are focusing on our abs and legs. T^T

First and foremost, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KAISOO! YES, B-DAY GREETINGS TO THE LOVELY COUPLE! (First time I've every said this for a OTP.) KIM JONGIN THE DANCING MACHINE, I HOPE YOU CONTINUE TO PASSIONATELY DANCE, POSE ILY, AND FAIL AT DOING AEGYO CUTELY. PLEASE TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF, GET SOME ACTUAL SLEEP, AND DON'T GET HURT. DO KYUNGSOO WITH THE ADORABLE O___O DERP FACE! I ADMIRE YOUR VOICE SOOO MUCH IT'S PRACTICALLY HEAVEN! CONTINUE TO COOK AWESOME KIMCHI SPAGHETTI, DO CUTE GESTURES, AND BE WITH YOUR BOYFRIEND ROOMMATE! I LOVE YOU BOTH! <3 INFINITY AMOUNT OF HEARTS. (I swear I will work hard to meet you two someday.) *bright, shining, soulful eyes*

Phew, anyways. Sorry, I meant to have the start but I'm too tired to write everything in one filler chapter. So please forgive me and wait for the next chapter that should introduce the of this arc. I kinda just winged this chappie, so please expect randomness. I get the oddest ideas...

I love all of you my subbies! <3 Hope you comment more! I want to talk to you!

Green is Japanese and red is Mandarin.

Read on, my lovelies~ ;)


 

 

(Alaina's POV)

When I woke up the next morning, the blissfulness from my subsiding dreams dissipated, abandoning me in reality. Today marked day two in Japan.

Five more freakin' days to go.

My senses recovered from lethargy. I groaned, my body was sore all over, heavy as if my muscles were replaced with dumbbells. Was I sick?

Groaning again, I got up to take a hot shower, then prepared myself for another day with my guardians...guarding me from two she-demons.

Adequately dressed in my long-sleeve shirt and jeans, I checked the clock. It notified me it was only eight-thirty. I reminded my still slumbering roommates the time, informing them I was heading down for breakfast first. They slurred incoherent sentences, signifying I was acknowledged.

Emerging from my hotel room, I whipped out my phone, sending wake-up messages to my soulmates.

Instantly, Taemin replied, Meet you there in five.

It was easy to interpret the grumpiness in Kai's reply. Still tired. Taemin-hyung can meet you first just this once.

I sighed disapprovingly. Kai shouldn't have been stalking me, that way he would actually get a good night's rest. But, then again, he wouldn't have been there to comfort me...

And sneak in a kiss. (Cue the blush.)

Sauntering down the hall, I abruptly paused at the elevator doors. I stiffened. My skin tingled as if spiders were crawling up my spine. I was trembling slightly.

What was that? A foreboding feeling? A warning? I couldn't decipher it. The ES here in Tokyo was jumbling up my senses...

I was fretting to myself as I pushed the elevator button. Something was wrong. Something was telling me to watch out.

But for what? Why didn't I have prognostication powers like Taemin?

Ding. The elevator doors slid aside. No one was inside.

I quietly stepped inside, a bit paranoid at the eeriness. The doors sealed closed. The interior of the lift was comprised of stainless metallic plates. I saw my distorted reflection, my expression sober and spooked. Too bad the stainless surface couldn't reflect the nostalgia devouring my stomach.

Just when the lift reached ground level, I flinched, swearing I saw an image that wasn't my reflection mirrored on the wall.

It appeared to be a...young man?

But the doors peeled apart before I could decipher the mirage-like image. I was bewildered, but composed myself, stepping out before someone questioned my peculiarity.

Mental note: never use that eerie elevator again.

"Alaina?" Taemin immediately jogged over to me when I entered the hotel's restaurant. He was dressed in trendy articles of clothing, his mop of auburn hair hastily combed, but still messily attractive. My soulmate reached up to caress my ashen cheek. "You look sick," he whispered, trying to read my wan face. "Are you?"

I mustered a shrug, acting oblivious. "I may have idled too long out on the veranda late last night."

Like always, Taemin draped a protective arm around me. Keeping me warm, I guessed. "Don't do that again," he chided me gently. "You get sick easy." He smiled, trying to lift up my dampened spirits. "How about some breakfast to make you feel better?"

I complied to his wishes, but surmised I was sick with something irregular. Paranoia? Maybe. Nostalgia? You bet.

Receiving our food, Taemin and I sat in our usual spots in the restaurant, eating a hearty Asian breakfast. But unlike my soulmate, I didn't eat. I poked at my food. Staring at it only made it more unappetizing. Not like I could manage a bite anyways, I was afraid I might choke.

Right away, Taemin noticed my ordeal, having scrutinizing me for the past ten minutes. He touched my slouched shoulder. "Yeobo? You haven't eaten much, and you're tense. Are you sure you're not sick?"

"Hm hm," I only hummed noncommittally. My stomach churned nauseatingly as if I was riding an airplane again.

He squeezed my knotted shoulder. "What's wrong? Why won't you tell me?"

I felt guilty hearing his wounded tone. I gnawed on my lower lip. "I...I'm just...homesick again."

His sweet, luminous eyes softened, but acute concern hid behind stage curtains. "I'm sorry, yeobo," he could only apologize helplessly, clueless how to ease my sickness.

I put my chopsticks down. "I think the more we stay here, the worse the sickness gets," I admitted glumly. I feel like I'm hallucinating...

"Are you sure it's not your ES?" Taemin asked, leaning closer, voice lowering. "Maybe you should practice with it more..." He let that sentence dangle.

I shook my head, whispering, "It's not safe here. Just drop it, ai. It'll pass."

We both knew I was lying, but we didn't continue the subject.

None too soon, the rest of the crew arrived, famished as bears but energized as kids. Sehun and Baekhyun were bursting with vigor, Tao was grinning ear to ear, and the rest of them were at least civil so early in the morning. I presumed a carefree facade, not wanting anyone to notice my indifferent disposition, but that was futile. Taemin already knew (shooting me worried glances), Kai was suspicious (he kept eyeing me), and Key would figure it out soon enough (with his motherly-sixth-sense-installed detector). When he knew, I prayed I would survive his Key-esque fit.

I cleverly avoided my guardians when I met up with Eunmi, Jae, and Kyungmi. They were blabbering about today's most desirable destination. The one place every tourist must visit when in Tokyo, especially in the summer.

Harajuku.

"I can't wait to go shopping!" enthused Kyungmi, grinning widely.

I warily glanced over my shoulder. Dangit. By his chipper mood, Tao must've been well-informed on the details. Luckily Kris wasn't around with his wallet, although I assumed the panda smooched his soulmate for money beforehand.

Jae smiled at me brightly. "Know any good stores?"

"Lots," I confirmed sarcastically. "If you're using credit cards, your parents will be bankrupt by the end of the day."

Jae only laughed, patting my back at my dry sense of humor.

I saw Sehun urgently waving me over. I darted to the maknae's side, joining the football huddle of guardians. "What's going on?" I asked.

Baekhyun smiled naturally. "Just an update about our positions."

Minho rubbed his hands together anxiously, reminding me of a soccer coach, ready to drill us with pointers. "Alright, apparently from what Kibum tells me, added from what Alaina keeps stressing about, Harajuku is a busily populated area. Someone can simply sneak up on Alaina and snatch her away. So aside from staying close to her, Jonghyun-hyung, Kris, and Chanyeol will be tailing us from afar."

Key, Tao, and Baekhyun perked up at the mention of their soulmates.

I blinked in mild shock. "Like traveling by rooftops?" I was skeptical. "Wouldn't that be difficult to keep a sharp eye on me?"

Minho shrugged. "It's better than nothing. Everyone else will be stationed here. They'll patrol in intervals to make sure the demons don't pull a fast one on us."

Tao grinned, panda eyes gleaming with money signs. "Shopping time~!"

Many of us groaned. My aching legs ached even more just imagining all the walking I was going to do today.

Taemin slung an arm around my slender waist, leaning in to whisper, "Ready to go?"

I patted my pocket, where my wallet was. "Totally," I sighed.

Harajuku, here we come.



...

   

During the lengthy bus ride, I scanned the zipping scenery, trying to locate them. Ah, there they were. Three flickering silhouettes were dashing across rooftops at an inhumane speed. The tallest, skinnier figure was faster, flying ahead then waiting for his companions to hurry their butts.

Hmm...I wish we could've experienced Harajuku together, I deadpanned, leaning against the bus window. It would've been fun. I'd only visited Harajuku if there was a convention or festival happening - mostly just to observe. My chest warmed as I smiled faintly. Yuki and I loved going to festivals together.

There it was again. That creepy trail of spiders crawling up my spine. Another warning? I wanted to grunt in frustration. Why wouldn't my powers stop malfunctioning?

"Omona!" gaped Baekhyun, seeing the congested streets of one of the most famous shopping districts of all time. Counting how many cramped buildings lined up and down the street like a grid was strenuous, but it was impossible to have a head count of the number of people clogging every little space. Women wore fashionable apparel, teenagers cosplayed in artful costumes, and nearly everyone had a shopping bag looped around their arm.

Our buses idled a block away. Students were exclaiming, greedy to spend money.

"Is Harajuku always overcrowded?" Kai asked.

I suppressed a grin. "This is nothing. You should see it during the weekend."

Taemin laced his fingers through mine. "Don't lose me, yeobo."

I rolled my eyes. Ironic seeing how I knew my directions and he didn't - he'd be the one losing me. "Hai, hai."

"Kaja, kaja!" demanded Sehun, pushing us down the cramp aisle. We all unboarded the bus. The garbled noise of Harajuku was deafening. People talked over one another. Ringtones pierced the air. Cars honked in the distance. Food sizzled from stalls.

Was it just me? The indistinctive jumble of noises was disorienting. I touched my forehead weakly, feeling claustrophobic.

Don't panic. Not here. Don't. Panic.

"Alaina?" I barely heard Kai's whisper as he flitted to my side. I glanced up to see seven pairs of worried eyes zeroed on me.

I laughed awkwardly, berating myself for being a horrible actress. "Haha, mianhae. I feel disoriented, that's all. It'll pass."

"That's what you said the first time," Taemin muttered, clutching my hand tighter.

Key pursed his puckered lips. "Maybe we should post-"

"Na ah ah," I interrupted sternly. "We're going shopping like everyone wanted. I am not ruining your vacation. Follow me." I dragged Taemin with me as I purposely sauntered off into the bustling crowd. Kai warily adhered himself to my other side. I sensed Tao and Sehun behind me, ready to catch me if I collapsed. Minho and Key were consulting a map on their phones. Baekhyun was cautiously watching the skies.

Although they were concerned for me moments before, they instantly loosened up because of the carefree atmosphere. Key was musing which store to shop in first.

"That one!" the diva declared, pointing at a fancy white boutique with pristine glass exhibits, the store name bolded in silver letters.

I hesitated. I really wasn't dressed for lavished, high-standard places. But I had no say when Key and Tao excitedly ran in, multiple arms coercing me to enter.

The fashionable boutique was occupied by people who carried credit cards instead of cash, people who wore classy shoes instead of converses, but that didn't deter my guardians (haha, no, just me). They spread out, scouring the orderly arranged racks, shelves, and tables.

...And then there were two female employees eyeballing my guardians interestedly. They were professionally dressed, black-clad in pencil skirts and blouses, hairs styled to perfection, taller in two-inch pumps, and lips smeared crimson. One had dyed blonde hair twisted into a fancy bun. The other was a wavy brunette. They gossiped behind the racks next to me. Their words were clear to my ears as the boys compared hundred-dollar shirts.

"Do you think they're models?"

"Un, why wouldn't they be? With their good looks?"

"They're definitely tourists. Their looks aren't local."

"The skinny one with the eye-smile is kawaii!"

"Two of them could be girls. They're too pretty!"


I stifled a snicker. How many times was Taemin referred to as a girl? I knew Key didn't mind one bit.

"I like the tall, athletic one. He's handsome, like an actor."

"Iie, Iie, the handsomest one is the tan boy with thick lips."


Ho, women... That was crossing the line.

Stupid cougars. (Still, the guardians were actually older, but that was besides the point!)

Then I started seething when the two female employees decided to approach the preoccupied boys.

"Excuse me, gentlemen, do you need any assistance?" the blonde asked in a sickening sweet voice, batting her fake eyelashes. She was addressing Key, Minho, Tao, and Baekhyun.

Baekhyun and Tao ignored the lady because they understood absolutely zilch. Key and Minho interpreted fairly well.

Key smiled politely. Inwardly, he was disgusted how Barbie-fied the lady was. "No, thank you. We're fine on our own."

The blonde lady smiled, wine red lips stretching wide. I saw Tao shudder. "If you need any assistance, I'll be right over there."

I rolled my eyes. Yeah, right over there, stalking them shamelessly.

The wavy brunette leaned over a table to flirtatiously smile at Kai, Taemin, and Sehun. "You boys find anything nice?"

If Taemin was disgusted by the suggestion, he didn't show it. He smiled angelically, dazzling the lady, but I detected an annoyed edge. "Not really. We're still looking."

Kai was obviously uninterested, offending the employee outright. "Nothing," he stated bluntly in his best Japanese.

I wanted to laugh. Nothing as in 'there's nothing'? Or nothing as in 'you're nothing'?

When Sehun wasn't an aegyo fanatic, he was the master of poker face. He deliberately turned around, his back facing her, pretending to skim through some jeans.

She finally got the hint, reddening under her cosmetically blushed cheeks. Embarrassed, she bowed her head. "G-Gomenasai. I-I didn't mean to bother you. T-Take all the time you need." She scurried off, almost tripping over her heels.

I pressed my lips together to avoid chortling outright. Those were my boys.

The brunette noticed my diffident presence, realizing I've must've seen her be humiliated. She wanted to blow off steam by belittling me.

"Excuse me, little girl," she said crisply, tone thick with emphasis, "if you're not going to purchase anything, I suggest you leave. This is a high-quality boutique." She pointed at the glass doors with a pedicured finger. "The dollar store is down the street."

I leaned away from the shelf, straightening up. "Who says I want to go to the dollar store?" I pointed at my guardians. "I'm with them - my best friends. I just wanted to ensure some old lady wasn't going to take advantage of them because they can't speak Japanese."

Red blotches painted the brunette's powdered face. "The pretty boy can speak Japanese well," she fired back.

I smiled angelically, having won before the battle started. "Eh, I taught my boyfriend well."

The brunette spluttered, "B-Boyfriend?"

Before the lady could muster a comeback, Taemin waved at me blithely. "Koibito~ I need your help~!"

Taemin, you sure know when to make an appearance.

I grinned (just a small grin) at the lady. "Ja."

Sehun's passive mask morphed into a grin when I glided over to them, his poker face disappearing. "What was that, Princess?"

I limply waved a hand, feigning aloofness. "Nothing, nothing. Someone just needed to be owned."

Kai bumped his hip against mine, smirking. "That's my girl."

Taemin winked at me, knowing what happened with his forecasting abilities.

Sehun raised a heap load of clothes the three of them selected. "Princess, we're going to try these on. You'll be our judge, araso?"

I nodded. I leaned against a display table, waiting for the boys to change. Moments later, they emerged from the rooms like models. Practically everyone excluding me, Key, Minho, Baekhyun, and Tao gawked at their unintentional display of oozing handsomeness. Taemin swept up his bangs. Kai flicked his hair here and there. Sehun fidgeted with his shirt collar.

Taemin beamed at me. "What do you think, yeobo?"

Gorgeous, I gaped inwardly. I forced myself to focus, saying out loud, "Perfect."

The three maknaes studied themselves in the floor-length mirror, admiring their good looks. Kai insisted they take selcas, squishing together as they cutely posed for the camera. Then they repeated the process, changing into new outfits, receiving my critique, snapping a couple of selcas, and then starting all over again.

I watched adoringly. Perfect indeed.

Baekhyun waved me over ecstatically. "Over here, Alaina~!"

I joined the second half willingly, unsuspecting of their scheme. "What's up?"

Key held up some flimsy garbs. "Time for dress up!"

I paled, eyes widening. I backed up like a frightened animal. "N-No, no," I insisted. "I'm good."

The diva smirked. "Minho. Tao."

"Ah!" I squeaked when two (super tall) minions snatched my arms, effortlessly carrying me towards the dressing room. A different employee around her early fifties raised an amused brow at our commotion.

Key and Baekhyun handed the women a heap load of clothing they selected for me. "Please make her wear everything," Key requested sweetly, winning the women's affections.

The women nodded, catching the hint. "Of course, please wait out here." Minho and Tao pushed me into an empty dressing room, the women locking the door to my complete horror.

"ACK! Obaa-san, I-I can take off my own clothes - AAAH!"

I was shoved out of my hiding place. "Here's outfit number one!" announced the employee, pleased by the attire.

I blew my askewed bangs away from my face. "I feel violated."

Baekhyun and Tao clapped their hands delightfully. "You look cute~!"

Taemin, Kai, and Sehun rushed over. "Did we hear Alaina screaming because - whoa." Kai was rendered speechless at the altered sight of me. The three maknaes stupidly stared at my bare legs - pale and fit - something they've never seen before. Warmth crept up their cheeks. Sehun was the first to avert his gaze, fanning his heated face. Kai's jaw unhinged and Taemin was unblinking. Minho waved his hand in front of the maknae's face. Not a wink. Totally dumbstruck. Key wiped an imaginary tear from his eye, thinking, I am good. I am good, good, good.

I squirmed. "You're making me uncomfortable with all the staring. That's it, I'm changing."

"Another outfit!" Key enthused.

Once again, I was dragged into the dressing room. "EH?! I'm not wearing a - EEEK!"

"Doesn't she look absolutely precious?" The women beamed, pushing me back to my guardians.

Kai and Sehun gulped. Tao and Key were clapping gleefully. Baekhyun and Minho nodded approvingly. And Taemin, my poor soulmate, was still in shock.

Seriously, the combination of bare legs, exposed shoulders, and filly dress smacked him senseless. Where the heck did his brain run off to?!

I was blushing to the roots of my hair. I shakily gripped at the dress hem, but carefully because of the soft material. I glimpsed at myself in the mirror.

The embarrassed expression melted. I was frowning.

Why were they making a big deal out of this? I looked...awkward.

Honestly I clashed with the dress. I made it less appealing. My dull hair-style, intimidating eyes, plain facial features, and unwomanly figure was unflattering to a beautiful piece of art. Enough said.

"I'm going back inside," I whispered and turned around.

"You look beautiful, Alaina."

I froze, heat blazing down my neck. Only Taemin...

I fled into the dressing room before I could shed a tear. This time, I picked out a decent outfit. Looking into the mirror, I sighed in relief. "Now this I can handle.

Key came over to pinch my cheeks. "Aigoo, my daughter is so pretty~! All you need is make-up!"

I cringed, then glared at my umma. "I would rather sprain an ankle in high heels than have a dab of make-up on me." I mehronged. "Bleck."

I looked over my shoulder, meeting the dazed gazes of my soulmates. "What do you think, guys?" I twirled.

They in surprised breaths. I was putting an unpayable toll on their hearts.

Kai strode over and tossed a modified hoodie on me. "Wear that," he demanded, recovering from his heart attack. "That's enough shoulder exposure for today. You'll get cold easy."

"It's summer," I pointed out, but he replied with a glare. I obediently shrugged the hoodie on. "Araso, araso, possessive kkamjong bear."

Taemin finally unfroze and cleared his throat noisily. He was blushing. "Y-You look good in anything, Alaina."

I made a face. "Liar."

He softened, staring at me as if I was his entire world. Which I pretty much was.

In the end, I was persuaded to buy a couple of outfits despite not planning to in the first place. The fifty-year-old women was the one who rang up our receipt. She beckoned at me and I leaned over the counter to hear her whisper, "You should wear more girly clothes. I think your boyfriend would appreciate it."

I flushed modestly and bowed my head. I hurried out the boutique with my guardians, wearing our newly purchased clothes, shopping bags looped around our arms. Baekhyun and Sehun bombarded me with questions about cosplayers and anime. Tao was texting his overly antsy soulmate. Minho was asking me what type of street food was best.

Because we were craving snacks, we ordered food, taking a brief rest. Sweet-lovers like me, Key, Tao, and Sehun ate the famously delicious Harajuku crepe. The others opted for a plate of tempura, fried to golden perfection. Under an awning, we relaxed and watched colorfully dressed people stroll the streets.

Tao tugged on Baekhyun's sleeve. "Baekhyun-ge, let's go bring some food to geges."

Key grunted under his breath. "I want to go see Jjongie, but I need to stay and protect my baby..."

I was about to protest, but Key resolutely stayed here. The bonded pair disappeared behind a building, presumably scaling the structure to reach the rooftop.

Kai leaned over the table to place his hand on mine. "So where are we going next?"

I shrugged. "More shopping obviously. Eunmi sent me a text a while ago. She said she, Jae, and Kyungmi already shopped at five boutiques. And it's only been about an hour."

Kai shuddered. "I'll never understand shopping."

"Ditto."

Key scoffed. "Five stores? We'll burn through more than that."

Minho facepalmed himself, Taemin snickered, and Sehun blinked cluelessly.

The time and light guardian returned moments later, reporting the protection detail found nothing amiss. That's when Key lived up to his word. The diva shopped at every store that caught his eye, and sadly, dragged us along. I finally understood how spoiled rich kids got their exercise. Two words. Shopping. Spree.

Much to Sehun's delight, I took him (plus Kai and Taemin) to Kiddy Land, a popular toy store.

The maknae's eyes lit up like stars. He immediately streaked inside the remodeled building, leaving us in the dust. With my handy sensory abilities, my soulmates and I easily located him within the five-story toy land bustling with kids.

Sehun was already carrying a handful of chosen toys. Kai laughed. "A Donald Duck toy? Is that for Luhan-hyung?"


Sehun nodded enthusiastically. "Ne! And this, too!" He held up a complicated Rubik's cube, unlike the standard 3x3.


I took the Rubik's cube, observing the multicolored block. "I never knew that deer liked these things." I snickered. "So he really is a kid."

Taemin entertained himself by shooting Kai with a bubble gun. The latter destroyed the flurry of bubbles by brandishing a plastic pirate sword. Sehun and I pretended we weren't associated with the idiots, gathering our goodies and paying for them. When we returned, we found my two soulmates flocked by adoring little kids.

A five-year-old boy gripped Kai's sleeve, trilling, "Wah~! You're really tall, onii-chan!"

The tan boy sighed, completely lost. "You may be cute, but I can't understand you, kid."

A group of smitten girls vied for Taemin's attention. "Onii-chan's so pretty~!"

Taemin kneeled down on one knee. He eye-smiled beatifically, eliciting mad giggles. "Arigato."

Someone cleared their throat. The twin-like best friends glanced up. Sehun was tsking at them, his lips twitching a snobby grin. I, on the other hand, had my arms crossed, brow raised questionably.

Taemin and Kai excused themselves, but the hoard of kids chased after them. Taemin chuckled sheepishly, scratching his cheek. "Mianhae, yeobo. They like us."

"I see that," I replied simply.

A pig-tailed girl pointed at me. "Onii-chan, who's that?"

"My girlfriend," answered Taemin.

The girl who asked pouted. "Shouldn't that be me?"

My brow twitched and Taemin cleared his throat awkwardly. Kai and Sehun exchanged puzzled glances.

I turned heel. "I'm leaving. I will not stay behind to compete with a six-year-old for you."

I stalked off, Kai and Sehun on my heels. Inwardly, I was actually laughing. That girl was pretty brave - and egotistic.

"YAH! WAIT FOR ME!" Taemin extracted himself from his clingy admirers.

Someone collided into me, almost toppling us both over. Kai let out an indignant, "YAH!" while Sehun laughed. I was trapped in a back-hug, and when I turned around, my imprisoner kissed my cheek.

My auburn-haired soulmate grinned. "Just in case you were wondering, there will never be a competition for me because I will always choose you hands-down."

Kai flicked Taemin's forehead. "First of all: it's us in a competition for her. And second of all: GET OFF HER."

The four of us rendezvoused with Key, Minho, Baekhyun, and Tao at a cafe. I was surprised to also see Kris, Chanyeol, and Jonghyun chilling with their soulmates.

"Mwoh? What are hyungs doing here?" Sehun asked when we sat down.

"Just taking a small break," said Jonghyun, who was happier with Key by his side. Tao was animatedly blabbering to Kris what he bought in Chinese. Baekhyun was playfully feeding Chanyeol bites of shortcake.

"Anything abnormal yet?" Minho inquired.

Jonghyun shook his head. "It's true Harajuku's a challenge. Everyone is spread out and hidden within the crowd. Your teachers are chilling at a nearby cafe, but no signs of Miryo or Jea."

I stirred my iced coffee with the straw. "I have a feeling they're meeting with their comrades."

Chanyeol pouted. "Onew-hyung said we shouldn't pursue them when they disappear."

"It wouldn't be a good idea to meet all of BEG together anyway," hinted Key.

Kris joined the conversation, "I phoned B.A.P. earlier. They claim nothing irregular has happened either. Though I heard Zelo is getting edgy without Alaina."

I smiled faintly, thinking about the newly converted guardian. He was like a younger brother with sibling complex...

I stood up unsteadily, ignoring how sore my legs were. "I'm going to buy B.A.P. souvenirs."

Kai and Taemin immediately stood up too. "We're coming with you."

"The rest of you relax," I told them, though they were apprehensive. "You deserve a break. I'll just be at the jewelry store two buildings down."

"Jewelry store?" Kai inquired as we entered the mentioned establishment.

I nodded. "I was thinking about buying some necklaces or charms for B.A.P..."

We scattered about in the fancy little store, observing the glass displays that contained shiny accessories. My soulmates were eyeing rings and earrings, but knew I wouldn't want those so decided not to buy them. I idly flitted my gaze down the display row. No, too costly. Too sparkly. Too gaudy. Too- oh, wait!

They weren't expensive, but neither were they cheap. I discovered cute bunny necklaces. Six total, each with a different design and color. The bunnies were black, wearing a different colored mask and accented with tattoos. Reading the display label, the bunnies were called 'matoki'.



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

They're six bunnies, but only four B.A.P. guardians at home. They used to be six of them...

I bought the set nonetheless.

While waiting for the jeweler to place the necklaces in small gift boxes, my gaze landed on a peculiar necklace.

My necklace.

Instinctively, I rubbed the sapphire pendent tucked under my collar. The jeweler noticed the movement and smiled.

"Ara? I see you have the sapphire flower," she commented kindly. "Did you purchase it from here?"

I shook my head numbly. "I-Iie. M-My friend gave it to me."

The women looked thoughtful, recalling, "I remember a few months ago, a handsome young man with hazel eyes wanted to buy the necklace for someone important to him, but he didn't have enough money. To pay off the cost, he worked long hours here, doing various chores for me."

I swallowed the lump in my throat. "Obaa-chan, I was that 'someone'. That hazel-eyed man is my best friend."

Her eyes lit up. "Hontou? How wonderful!"

"May I ask how much this cost?" I asked timidly, my necklace.

She tapped her chin. "Let's see...that necklace cost about...8700 yen."

I pursed my lips. Yuki, I know that isn't much to other people, but that's a lot to me... An idea struck me. "Obaa-chan, do you have any jade jewelry?"

"Hai, over here." She gestured at a different section. Inside the glass box were smooth gemstones in different hues of green, embellished as fine accessories.

I studied the selection carefully before picking one, a light-green bangle with an etched silver dragon between each link. "That one, please."

The jeweler totaled the sum of my purchases. I ignored the zeroes that rang up and paid for everything. I smiled feebly. "Thank you for telling me about my friend. I really love the necklace." I took the bag of my acquired items and bowed. "Arigato gozaimasu."

The women watched me leave, my two soulmates pestering me with, "What did you buy? What did you buy?" She sighed and placed a hand on her cheek.

"Oh, young love."     



...

 

 


Hint: I used google's currency converter to figure out the necklace's cost. It says around 8700 yen would be approxamitely 100 USD. (I rounded the amount of yen because it was only around 57 more.)

Disclaimer: I don't own the countless amount of pics. I, for one, am horrible at taking pics and uploading them, so that's why I borrow. >.<

Please upvote my story and thank you for those who have! I got my eye on you. .____.

I know I've said this numerous times, but please pray or believe my parents will let me audition one day. I pray everyday. (But I still feel troubled.)

Spam time!

(I absolutely love this person's fanarts. I go crazy looking for them.)

(I LOL'ed so hard at this. Oh, Kris and Lay with their obesessions with plushies. They actually have more kids than that...)

(When Kris was speaking English and Channie just nodded at everything. But the fluffiness... O__O Where's Bacon and panda?!)

(AAAAAAH! *fangirl squeal* I saw this person's Hunhan fanart and I was seriously blushing. >//<)

 

 

 

 

 

 

(*lovestruck eyes* My 2nd parents being loveydovey, Daddy putting his hands in Mommy's pocket. Kaisoo love~)

(*fantasizing* Haa~ Kaisoo holding hands.)

...Why am I writing a non- fic yet love couples because they're real and freakin' perfect? I'm so weird, LOL. I don't know when I'll update either of my fics because I'm being exhausted from gym and my new schedule. But I'll be writing day by day and might have the drafts within ten days and start editing from there. (I still get mistakes though...) So be patient and I'll see you soon. Hope you're having an awesome 2013! (Gotta go eat my late dinner before I starve. >.<) ~SS