Chapter 2

Family Business

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

 

You groaned as the alarm on your phone went off. Looking at your phone as if it were the devil itself, you turned off the alarm. Lazily you rolled out of bed and made your way to the bathroom. After last night’s events, you were too tired to change let alone take a shower. When you were done with showering and brushing your teeth, you went inside the kitchen to look for something to eat. You lived in a nice, little, cozy apartment. Big enough for one, maybe two to live in, nice kitchen and living room space, and your room wasn’t that bad either. Honestly, you liked living in an apartment rather than the big mansion you grew up in. In your little apartment, you didn’t feel so alone and lost. You frowned, remembering how the house felt after your father had passed away.

 

*12 Years Earlier*

 

 

“But mom, I don’t want you to go.” You cried.

“Mom has work to do! Go play by yourself.” Your mother screamed while pointing to the stairs. You dragged your feet up the stairs with tears falling down your face. Your mother never yelled at you before, so why had she now? You didn’t even know.

“Make sure she stays inside! Don’t let anyone else in or out! Understand?!” You heard your mother yell before the front door slammed shut. Dragging your feet to your fathers office, you opened the door and sat in his chair.

“Dad… I miss you.” You whispered looking outside the window watching the rain fall and your mother drive away.

 

Sure, you were a child back then, but you weren’t entirely clueless. You very much knew what your father did, and how he did it. The “business” your father owned, was nothing more than a gang, or mafia if you will. Growing up, you always knew that your family was different from others. Other children seemed to avoid you at school, they seemed almost terrified. Even your teachers didn’t even bother to talk to you. One day you’ve had enough and just stopped going to school. Why go if you were always alone and everyone was scared of you? Since that point on, you’ve always  been home schooled. Both your mother and father decided that it would be better for all of you if you were sheltered from the world. Any enemies your father had knew he had a daughter, but didn’t what you looked like or how old you were.

 

 

RING!

 

The sound of your phone ringing snapped you out of your thoughts and you checked the caller ID. ‘Mom’ Not wanting to answer the phone call you groaned, you already knew where the conversation was headed before you even answered.

“Hello…?”

“WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THIKING?!?!? WERE YOU EVEN THINKING AT ALL?!?!” You flinched at the volume of her voice and held the phone away from your ear.

“Ahhhh.. About that.. Sorry mom..”

“SORRY?!? WHAT WERE YOU EVEN DOING THERE?!”

“Well, I heard that someone went in without backup and I thought that I could help.. And I did! He almost got killed but-“

“But nothing. I’ve told you millions of times not to go out there and do something STUPID. You could get hurt!”

“But mom! No one knows who I am! No one has ever seen me, so I don’t see the real threat here! Plus! I’ve been trained by the best! I know what I’m doing and I know how to use my tools. I’m not a helpless little girl anymore.” You sighed, realizing that this conversation isn’t going to get anywhere.

“You’re not going back out there and that’s final.”

 

Beep.

 

“Yeah mom, thanks for hanging up on me. Real mature.”

You sighed, and threw  your phone on the counter. “She can’t stop me anyways.. She isn’t even here. What she doesn’t know won’t kill her.” It was true that your mother wasn’t there. She wasn’t even in Korea. Since it was beginning to get too dangerous for her to be in Korea, it was decided that the safest place for her would be in the States. No one but you and the ones that were there with your mother knew about it. Sure, she was the head of the gang now, but some things were better left kept secret. Your mind wandered back to last night. “Yongguk, huh? Might as well do my research.” You ventured back into your room and retrieved your laptop. “Let’s see what kind of information I can find on you, Mr.Jepp Blackman.”

 

 

“HYUNG! WAKE UP!” A boy with pink curly hair yelled.

“Ughhh. What Zelo!?!?” Yongguk yelled  tiredly and he flipped on his side facing away from the little nuisance, he didn’t enjoy the rude awakening. Zelo pouted and grabbed the extra pillow that was on the bed and thought it would be a good idea to smack his hyung in the head. “YAH!” Yongguk yelled looking at the tall boy, “What the hell was that for?!”

“Wake up! You’re in trouble for going on that mission alone last night, I told you to let me come!” Zelo yelled while walking toward the door out of the room they shared. All Yongguk could do was sigh and mumble,

“Damnn it..” He rolled out of bed and dragged himself toward the bathroom.

“YAH! BANG YONGGUK!” Yelled another boy, with short black hair. “WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT GOING OUT ALONE. ARE YOU TRYING TO GET ME KILLED?!”

Yongguk just rolled his eyes and waved the other guy away, “Yahhhh. Himchan, let me shower first before you yell at me.” He then closed the bathroom door and started the shower. All that could be heard from behind the closed door was, “YAH!” Yongguk got out the shower and stared at himself in the mirror. “Why am I still thinking about her?” He whispered to his reflection in the mirror. It bothered him a lot. Ever since last night, he couldn’t stop thinking about you. For some odd reason you were constantly in his mind and he didn’t like it, not one bit. No girl has ever made this kind of impression on him before, so why now? Why you?

“Aish. Really. This is driving me crazy.” He mumbled before changing and walking out of the bathroom.

He couldn't deny the fact that you were, in fact, insanely hot. For a woman to take initiative like that, it made him smile to himself. There's no doubt that you were apart of S.C. Only the best of the best were trained and excepted, but something about you made him curious. How did you know that he was undercover that night. Shaking his head, he threw his towel on the bed and walked out into the living room.

He needed to know who this mystery girl was.

...

 

“So, that’s who he is huh?” You said letting out a satisfied sigh. “Mom must’ve really liked them if she let this continue.”

Apparently, Yongguk was part of a gang within your gang. Within each city of Korea, S.C had sections. B.A.P just so happened to be in contorl of Seoul. Generals of an army is what you would descrribe them as. They were large and in charge. Did that make sense? Whatever, you thought it did.

He turned out to be the leader of B.A.P. They were all ‘specialized gangsters’ if you will, meaning, they were the best of the best. After finding out all you could on B.A.P you saw why your mother liked them. They were, indeed, the best. Getting the most missions done, getting most of the information you guys needed, and keeping everyone else in line so a revolution wouldn’t start up. From what you gathered, B.A.P was like second in command when your mother wasn’t around to give orders. So, as of right now, they seemed to be ruling S.C.

“I guess he isn’t as useless as I thought.” You said as you walked into your room and changed. “I guess I should pay them a little visit then.” You smiled and headed out the door. You wanted to see exactly what it was these boys were capable of, if your mother continued to let them do what they pleased, they must've been good.

...

After pulling up in front of headquarters, you walked to the main room where you knew the boys would be. You barged through the door and scanned the entire table.

“Ummm.” Himchan started, “Who’s the chick?”

The one named Zelo just stared at you, “I don’t know.” He said looking at Himchan, “But she’s pretty hot!” He smiled and looked at you.

“Noona… Are you lost?”

Out of the corner of your eye you saw Yongguk staring daggers into your side. You looked at Zelo and smiled,

“No honey, I’m not. Thanks for asking though!” You walked over to the chair at the head of the table and you sat down. Yongguk narrowed his eyes at you,

“What are YOU doing here?” All the boys in the room looked at you.

“I thought it would be fun to drop by and pay you a visit.”

They looked at him.

“Well aren’t you sweet.”

Back at you.

“Very.” You two stared at one another for a good five minutes before Jongup spoke up.

“Yah… You guys are really making this awkward, and I'M usually the akward one… I think we should go…” All the boys agreed and quickly made their ways out of the room.

You stood up and made your way toward Yongguk.

“What do you want.” He demanded as he watched your every move.

“Nothing much.” You said sitting down on the edge of the table, right in front of him. “I just want to join your team, that’s all.”

He stood up right away, making you flinch.

"NO WAY!”

Scoffing, you quickly regained your cool and looked up at him. “Why not? You afraid a girls better than you?” He leaned down putting both if his hands on either side of you, making your faces merely inches apart.

"Don’t test me.”

“Testing.” You said smiling and leaning closer to him. He raised his hand and grabbed your chin.

“Fine.”

The smirk on your face didn’t get to stay there long. Why did he give in so easily? What was he planning? You didn't get to think of possible answers before he said something.

“But, I’m going to make you fall for me. Ms. Playgirl.” He searched your face for the reaction he was expecting but instead you just smiled up at him. Then it hit you, he wanted you. He wanted to break you and have you fall head over heels for him like any other silly girl would. He wanted to prove to himself that you weren't as strong as you made yourself seem.

This is going to be the most fun I've had in a while. 

“Game on.” More than slightly annoyed, he let go of you and walked toward the door.

“Well come on.” You followed him to the small apartment the boys lived in and walked inside.

 

All 5 boys stopped what they were doing and their attention was now on their leader.

“She’s part of the gang now. She wants to prove that shes got what it takes.” Yongguk said scratching the back of his neck. “Okay.” He started off, “Couple of rules. Now that you’re apart of the gang, you live here now.”

You’re eyes widened in horror. “What?!”

He smirked and leaned in closer, “I said, You. Live. Here. Now.”

You looked at him like he was crazy. “But why?!”

Yongguk looked at you with a hint of satisfaction in his eyes. He was obviously please that he had you stuttering. Very pleased. “We need everyone available if there is an emergency.” He explained looking at you with his beautiful brown eyes. Wait. Beautiful brown eyes?! You mentally smacked yourself before quickly composing yourself.

“Fine.”

He stood back up, “Good. You have two hours to get your and get back here.” And with that, he marched into his room and slammed the door shut.

“Someone’s grumpy.” Himchan said before bouncing up to you. “Well, welcome to the family!” Himchan nearly screamed while engulfing you in a suffocating hug.

“Thanks..?” The rest of the boys looked at you and smiled, glad to have another addition to the family.

“It was starting to get boring with just these guys.” Daehyun said before turning back to the TV.

“I think having noona here will be fun!” Jongup said.

“Finally, maybe someone smart.” Youngjae said not looking up from his iPad.

“Noona! You can be the mom!” Zelo said gleefully as he clung onto your arm.

“The what?!” You exclaimed while looking into the tall boys eyes.

“Well. Yongguk hyung is like the dad…" He explained letting go of your arm. "And since you’re a girl. You can be the mom!” Zelo said thinking over his logic. “Yeah. That sounds about right.” He said to himself before settling next to Jongup and Daehyun on the couch.

“You better go get your stuff.” Himchan said pushing you toward the door. “Yongguk doesn’t like it when people are late.”

...

You opened the door to your apartment, still dazed about what had happened. “What did I just get myself into. I just wanted to get into the gang to annoy him, NOT move in with them!” In your panicked frenzy you paced back and forth in your tiny living room. How were you going to contain your identity now? How are they NOT going to find out who you really are? . You thought to yourself. I really got myself into trouble.. Looking at the time on your phone, you realized that 45 minutes had passed.

“Well… I should start packing my stuff..” Walking into your room you got a suitcase out of the closet and packed everything that was important. All your clothes, your tooth brush, makeup set and some money. “I think this is all… Oh!  Some shoes too..” Quickly you packed all your things and loaded your car. You noticed you still had half an hour left so you walked back up to your apartment. Sighing you looked around.

“I really don’t want to leave.” You said your last goodbyes to your comfy apartment and you sat in your car. “What the . I didn’t mean to move in with them. How the hell did I- MAN THIS .” You screamed to no one while you started your car and drove back toward your new home. Before walking through the door you mumbled,

“Well if he wants to play, then let the games begin.”