Chapter 5

Family Business

Wassup guise! :'D. I finally finished Chapter 5! Things seem to be getting intereing, right? I hope so. XD Thank you for everyone who's been sticking around. I'm sorry about not updating sooner, or a lot, but I've been having some inspiration hit me all at once. Hopefully it stays with me for a while. Hehehe. So, here is CH. 5. I hope you guys enjoy, and give me some feedback. I'd love to know what you guys like, and dislike, it'll help me improve this story! (: 

Enjoy~


 

As soon as your eyes opened, you sat up, only to experience a sharp pain on the right side of your stomach. In a state of panic, you looked around. Surprisingly, you were sitting in a very familiar looking room. Feeling more than slightly dizzy, you laid back down. Looking to your right, you saw your phone on the nightstand and reached for it.

First, you checked the date and time, “August 1… 11:00AM..” Looking through your last calls, you saw that you had called Yongguk at least five times. “When was this….? Why can’t I remember anything?” You mumbled to yourself, looking at the times you called him. Sighing, you sat back up, frustrated that you couldn’t remember anything.

“I better check on noon- AHHHHH. YOU’RE AWAKE!!!!” Turning your head toward the door, you saw Zelo standing there dropping his phone on the ground. “WHEN DID YOU WAKE UP?!” Rushing to your side, he examined you. “ARE YOU OKAY!?” Feeling over whelmed by his sudden questions, you groaned and tried standing up.

“AH! Noona! Be careful!” He grabbed your arm and made you sit back down.

“Zelo, what happened last night?” 

“Last night?” Shaking his head, he looked at you. “Noona..” He started. “You’ve been unconscious for a week..” Widening your eyes, you looked at him like he was crazy.

“WHAT?!” Standing up, you ran out of the room only to see Yongguk sleeping on the couch. Zelo ran after you and grabbed your arm.

“Really noona?!” He whispered, “Be careful! You shouldn’t even be standing! If hyung finds out, I’m dead!” Looking into his pleading eyes, you sighed and walked back into the room.

“So, I’ve been knocked out for a week?”

“Yeah.. You don’t…. remember anything?” Looking back up at Zelo, you shook your head. “I only remember running away from those girls, everything after that… Well…” Rubbing your face, you looked at Zelo. Feeling gross, you frowned. “Can I go shower?” Maybe I can remember if I’m all clean. You thought to yourself.

 Taken aback by your question, Zelo blushed. “S-sure thing.” Laughing, you shook your head and made your way toward the bathroom, almost falling over on your way there. “Ah! Are you okay?!” Zelo yelled, catching you.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Just a little….dizzy..” You mumbled, shaking your head.

“If you need me, yell my name, okay?” Zelo said before helping you walk to the bathroom.

Letting the warm water hit your skin, you sighed. “Why can’t I remember anything?!” You whined, hitting yourself on the head. “I can’t believe I was out for a week..” Shaking your head, you thought about your last phone calls to Yongguk. “Oh ..” You mumbled. “I don’t remember what I said to him…” Quickly you finished washing off and stepped out of the shower.

Examining yourself in the mirror, you saw that you had a fairly fresh cut on your stomach. “So that’s why it hurts so much…” Looking everywhere else, you concluded that you got beat pretty bad. All your bruises were dark purple, you had multiple cuts here and there, and your head was pounding.

“They messed me up pretty bad…” After changing into your clothes carefully, you dried your hair. Looking at yourself in the mirror once again, you tried remembering what happened. Gripping the sides of the sink harder than before, you started to feel dizzy. You started to feel really hot, feeling your forehead, you realized you had a fever.  

“Z-zelo!”

Everything went black.

“Tch. You’re nothing without Mommy’s protection.”

“You’re worthless. Like your father.”

“You think we don’t know who you are!? You’re her daughter, aren’t you!?”

Screaming, you shot up from the bed and looked around you. Zelo wasn’t in his bed, and it was uncomfortably silent in the apartment. “Where is everyone…” Feeling suffocated and unnaturally hot, you stood up. Silently slipping out of the bed, you saw that on the alarm clock it read 4:00AM. Slowly, you opened the door and poked your head outside.

Sleeping on the floor were all of the B.A.P boys except for Yongguk, as if to make sure you wouldn’t leave. “Yongguk must be in the bathroom or something.” You mumbled.  As quietly as you could, you opened the front door to the apartment and slipped out. You had to be somewhere, anywhere but there. Laying there made you feel as if you were trapped and suffocated.

“I need some air.” You mumbled. “Ahh… My head really hurts..”

Only being able to take a couple steps before falling on the ground you shook your head. The pounding inside your head seemed to be getting louder and louder, and it seemed to be getting hotter and hotter. “What the hell is happening..” With the strength you had left, you stood back up and leaned on the wall for support.

You’ve never felt this sick before. What exactly happened with those girls last week? Did they poison me or something? Leaning your head back, you closed your eyes and took a deep breath. “Why am I so ing weak…” You mumbled to yourself before pushing yourself off the wall. It felt as if some sort of drug was running through your system.

“Maybe because you’re intoxicated with some sore of drug.”

Freezing in your tracks, you looked up to see Yongguk staring at you. He walked forward until he was right in front of you.

“Where do you think you’re going?” He whispered, narrowing his eyes at you. Swallowing hard, you couldn’t think of anything to say. Sighing, he picked you up and walked toward the apartment.

“L-let me go.”

“You’re not going anywhere. You can barely walk, do you really think I’m letting you just leave? How did you even get past all the guys?!”

“I don’t want to go back inside! It’s hot and stuffy, and I don’t feel good!”

Sighing, he set you back on the ground but held onto your forearm. You looked at him with questioning eyes before he shook his head. “If you want to take a walk, that’s fine.” You nodded your head. “But, I’m going with you.” Narrowing your eyes, you let out an annoyed groaned.

“Fine..”

“Where to?”

“…. I don’t know.. Anywhere?”

Yongguk sighed before wrapping his hand around yours. He led you around, keeping a firm grip on your hand. Silently, you let him drag you along, letting him decide where to go and how to get there. After what felt like an eternity, you two ended up at a park.

“Do you remember calling me?” Yongguk asked after you both sat down on the swings. Letting out an exhausted breath, you looked at him.

“No.. I don’t.” Chuckling to himself, he looked up at the stars.

“There was a lot of yelling, those girls were chasing you. You told me where you were and then the line went dead.”

Biting your lower lip, you let out an awkward cough and told him to continue. “When I got there, they were already ganging up on you.” You groaned, angered that you let a couple of girls hurt you so bad. “But most of them were pretty messed up too, so don’t get all pride-hurt or something.”

Smirking, he turned his attention from the stars, to you. “I got there in time. The main girl had a knife, but I scared them off.” Sighing, you looked down at your stomach.

“So that’s how I got this cut…” Yongguk looked at you and nodded.

“Sorry.” He whispered. Confused, you looked at him.

“For what?”

“For not getting there sooner.”

Shaking your head you smiled at him. “It’s not your fault. How could it be?” Shrugging his shoulders, he pushed the ground with his feet and started swinging. Following his moves, you did the same. …At least he still doesn’t know who I am.. Suddenly feeling guilty, you looked over at Yongguk. You’ve lied to guys before, but why did it feel wrong keeping who you were from him?

He looked sincerely sorry that he wasn’t able to protect you, but it wasn’t his fault. If you had just gone home, none of it would have happened, right? Was keeping your identity from him bad..? You didn’t know why, but lying to him made your heart feel heavy. Shaking those thoughts from your head, you looked back at the sky.

“The stars are really pretty..” You murmured.

“Yeah..” His deep voice answered. Letting your swing slowly come to a stop, you looked to your left and saw a dark figure. Pretending like you didn’t see anything, you continued to swing. Smiling, you looked at the sky.

“..Yongguk..” You mumbled, through a smile. He looked at you, crinkling his nose at your smile.

“What. Why are you smiling like that, it's creepy.” You looked at him and continued to smile, but continued to shift your eyes toward the figure.

“..Someone’s watching us..” Letting out a laugh, you continued to swing. Widening his eyes, Yongguk also laughed catching a glimpse of the man.

Yongguk stood up and stretched. “Ah, I think it’s time to go home.” Holding your hand to keep you from falling, he dragged you away from the park.

“Who was that..” He whispered.

“I don’t know… But he’s following us..” Suddenly feeling dizzy, you stopped and leaned into Yongguk for support.

Feeling your forehead, he let out a string of curse words. “Your fever’s acting up again.” Pulling you closer to him, he started to walk faster. “Come on, we just need to make it home.” Nodding your head, you tried your best to keep up. After a couple of minutes, you called his name.

“What?” Letting out a shaky breath, you leaned closer to his ear.

“He’s still following us….”

Finally looking behind him, Yongguk saw that the man was only ten feet behind you two. “..” He mumbled to himself. Realizing that you were in no condition to run, he dug in his pocket for his phone. Before he could dial anyone’s number, a black car drifted the corner and stopped in front of you two.

“Do you know who’s car that is.”

“No… Do you?”

“…No..”

Looking at each other, Yongguk grabbed your hand and ran. Not far behind, the man that was following you before was running after you both. “STOP RIGHT THERE!” Throwing your middle finger in the air, you replied.

“NOT A CHANCE, .”

“Can you make it home?” Yongguk managed to ask. Clutching onto your side you forced out a smile.

“..Yeah..”

You heard a gunshot then felt his hand slip out of yours. Tripping because of the sudden stop, you looked around. You saw Yongguk laying there, grabbing his shoulder in pain.

“!”

Running over to him, you inspected his shoulder. The bullet didn’t go all the way through, but he was losing a lot of blood, and fast.

“Run!” He yelled at you, but all you did was take off the shirt you had and pressed it against his shoulder. Luckily, you had a tank top on underneath. Trying to push you away from him, he yelled again. “Go!” Furiously shaking your head you continued to put pressure on his shoulder.

“I’m not letting you die.”

Hearing the car from earlier skid to a stop, you looked up. Yongguk groaned in pain, throwing his head back and biting his lip. “Damnit, I left my phone at home!” Looking around for his phone, you saw it about five feet away from you. Quickly getting up, you ran toward it.

Before you could grab it, a foot stepped on it. You heard your name being yelled and looked toward Yongguk. Two men were standing over him. One grabbed him and held him up while the other punched him in the stomach. Widening your eyes, you tried to lunge toward them but the man from the park grabbed onto your hair.

Yelping out in pain you tried to fight him off, but he wrapped his arm around your torso and put a knife to your neck.

“LET HER GO!” Yongguk managed to yell, spitting blood out of his mouth. “Shut up!” The man holding him said, before the second one punched Yongguk in the face. You tried wiggling out of the man’s grip, but he pressed the knife further into your neck, leaving a small cut.

You stopped moving and made eye contact with Yongguk. Hearing someone clap, you looked to your right. A man in a suit made his way toward you, smiling like he attained a new toy. “You’re a pretty one, aren’t you.” He said, grabbing your face and inspecting you.

“Don’t touch me!” You yelled, trying to back away from him. Shaking his head, he turned toward Yongguk.

“Is this your girlfriend?” Yongguk stared at him, eyes full of hate and disgust. The man laughed and walked toward him. “I don’t like the way you’re staring at me, it makes me feel unwanted. You should fix it.” He said dangerously low. “Unless you want those eyes of yours removed.” One of his henchmen punched Yongguk in the stomach again.

“STOP!” You screamed, trying to get loose. “Who are you and what do you want?!”

“My name is Park Jaewan.” He said, straightening out his suit. “And you,” He pointed his finger at you. “My pretty, are coming home with me tonight.” Smiling he looked at Yongguk. “That’s fine with you, isn’t it?”

“OVER MY DEAD BODY!” Yongguk screamed, earning another punch in the face. Flinching, you screamed.

“STOP HITTING HIM.”

Jaewan looked at you with amusement. “How about we make a deal.” Turning your head toward him, you narrowed your eyes.

“Don’t listen to anything he says.” Yongguk told you. Focusing your attention back on Yongguk, you frowned. He was covered in blood, in an hour or so he would bleed to death, you needed to do something. And you needed to do it fast.

Shaking your head, you gave him an apologetic look. “What do you want.” Jaewan smiled and walked toward you, grabbing your face again. “Come with me willingly, and I’ll let your boyfriend go.” Yongguk yelled in protest, but was punched into silence. “But if you don’t… Well.. Let’s just say,” Jaewan looked back toward Yongguk. “He won’t be making it home tonight.”

Biting your lip you looked at Yongguk. He shook his head, wincing in pain. “Don’t do it..” He managed to mumbled before he started to feel dizzy. “You have to take him home.” You managed to say, while still looking at Yongguk. He yelled your name. “ARE YOU STUPID. YOU CAN’T JUST GO WITH HIM LIKE THIS!” Looking down, you shook your head.

Of course willingly getting kidnapped hurt your pride. A lot. But letting Yongguk die, seemed to make you feel even worse. He came to your rescue, it was only fair that you came to his.

“Make sure he gets home.”

Jaewan nodded and snapped his fingers. “Anything for you, Princess.” Yongguk tried to break free, but was knocked out with one more punch. Closing your eyes, you looked away. “I’m sorry Yongguk.” You whispered before being dragged toward the car.

...

 “This kid is pretty heavy..” One complained.

“Shut up, the less you talk, the faster we can leave him there.”

“Yeah yeah yeah…”

Finally reaching where you all lived, they walked to the front of the door. “Won’t this be a surprise.. Their leader coming home all banged up.” They both laughed before kicking the door.

“OPEN UP. SOMEONE NEEDS YOU!”

Kicking the door a couple more times, they dropped Yongguk and ran. Yawning, Himchan opened the door.

“I swear, if it’s those kids again, I’m going to ki- OH MY GOD!” Himchan grabbed Yongguk and managed to drag him inside.

“HEY. GUYS. WAKE UP, WE HAVE A PROBLEM!”