Waking Up To A Stranger

Stay Alive

Whatever was underneath my head felt really soft. Eomma must've washed my pillows again. If it wasn't for the sweet smell of green tea I probably would've stayed in bed longer. 

''Oppa, did you make that for me?'' My eyes blinked open, and I was surrounded by the unfamiliar. My heart suddenly dropped into my stomach. Where the hell was I? I threw the covers off, and attempted to understand what was going on, but that was impossible due to the hand cuffs connecting me to the bed frame. 

''This isn't happening! This isn't happening!'' I suddenly found it hard to breath. Sweat was coming out of every pore on my body. I slammed my palm to my forehead, and remembered Onew apologizing to me before I out. That sweet, and genuine smile was concealing darkness. 

''You're awake?'' The door slowly opened revealing an unfamiliar face. ''I made your favorite tea.'' He pointed to the cup of steaming goodness on the night stand. I didn't know what to think of this guy. He was handsome, but a certain look in his eyes told me to stay on guard. 

''What, you're not going to drink it?'' Thanks to Onew I learned not to trust beautiful smiles like the one plastered on this guy's face. I went back to trying to slip out of the hand cuffs.

Come off! Just come off already! He made his way to the bed I had been sleeping so peacefully on. Just moments ago my mind was with my brother, and parents, and now I was staring into the eyes of a stranger.

''I know you'll like it. Just take a sip.'' He grabbed the cup, and tried making me drink. I pursed my lips not letting a single hand made thing by him enter my body.

''I'll take off the hand cuffs, but you have to promise not to run away.'' I sat like a statue as his arm brushed up against my skin causing the hairs on my arm to react. ''There, now will you drink?''

I examined my red wrist. This was where it kicked in. The reflex of either fight, or flight. In this case it was braver to chose flight. I knocked the tea onto the floor, and ran as fast as my feet would take me. I made it all the way to the door, and got a look into the hallway. There stood Onew in his pajamas.

''Please-'' I was yanked back by my waist, and slammed to the floor. My hands were pinned down, and the sweet smile that greeted me when I woke up was replaced with a murderous look. 

''I asked you not to run away! If you think you can slip away so easily from me a second time, you'll quickly see what I'm capable of.'' His eyes were blood shot, and were staring so closely I felt his nose touch the tip of mine. ''I don't want to hurt you...so don't make me upset.''

A knock on the door seemed to snap him out of a trance. It was like he had no idea what was coming out of his mouth when he was angry. ''What is it?'' He sat down beside me, and messed with his hair to get it back in the style. 

''Hyung, Taemin is still...you know.'' I heard Onew's voice call through the door. 

A heavy sigh escaped his lips. ''Fine. I'll be back.'' His fingers lightly touched my cheek. ''Don't run off.'' Why did such an inviting smile belong to such a terrifying person? 

I remained on the floor as if I was still being held by him. Those eyes that stared through me, threatening me were etched in my brain, and I couldn't forget them. 

''Jaemi...'' I heard Onew speak softly to me like a fragile child. ''I'm sorry...'' I finally pulled myself up, and sat hugging my knees. 

''I want to go home.'' A single tear rolled down my cheek. That's all I would allow. Everything else had to be hidden. How scared I was, the terrible pain in my back from being body slammed. No one could see my true feelings. That was the only way I could stay alive.