Let's See How It Runs

Stay Alive

   I stared at the picture of her until it was engraved in my memory. She looked exactly like the one I used to love. Down to the slight shifts in her teeth. Nothing was different. 

''Hyung, maybe you should start...letting go..'' Onew was oh so hesitant to speak to me. As if I was some monster. I guess that's what I am. A monster. 

''Onew...do you think it's easy to forget?'' I took another shot of whiskey. 

''Anniyo..'' 

''Then why the hell would I let go!? I'm not giving up!!'' How dare he suggest that I love someone else? Especially when I fell upon this one shining of hope. This picture in my hand was my last chance of ever becoming the person I used to be. She was my last chance.

''Hyung, what if she's not the same as-''

''Taemin, I know you mean well, but...don't mention things to me that will make me lash out...I don't want to hurt you.'' I stared at myself in the mirror, and saw what I've become. My eyes were blood shot, I haven't combed my hair, and I reeked of alchohol. 

''Mianhaeyo.'' He bowed to me out of fear. 

''Taemin, and I will put the ad in the paper, and make sure she sees it.'' Onew pulled Taemin from his bowing position, and they scattered. Everyone around me scattered these days. They were too terrified to spend more than five minutes alone with me. That's how things between me, and her became. If I would've held back just a bit maybe I would still have her with me. 

''I will have her again! No one will get in my way of having her again!'' I smashed my whiskey bottle against the wall. 

~~~~~~

''Jaemi, aren't you going to the daycare today?'' Chansung knocked on my door but didn't wait for my answer before barging in. 

''Not today, ahjussi gave me the day off.'' I was looking in the mirror fixing my hair. 

''Where are you going?'' He took a seat on my bed. 

''You have to promise not to tell anyone, arasso?''

''Nae.''

''Super sonic spit swear?'' I held out my hand.

''Ugh, come on. We haven't done that since we were kids.'' 

''Do it, or I'm not telling you.'' 

''Fine! Aish.'' 

''Just skip the spit part. I don't want to stain my rug.'' We did our secret promise handshake that never changed since we were little, and I knew Chansung wouldn't break the promise. 

''I'm going to check that car I saw in the ad.''

''You can't dad already told you no.'' Worry consumed his face.

''Oppa, what's the worst that'll happen? The car will , and I say no. Then it's on to the next one.''

''What if the person's a creep. Let me go with you.''

''Ani, I'll be fine. I talked to the guy on the phone, and he sounded very nice. I'm a big girl now I can go check out a car on my own.'' 

''Guy? That doesn't sound safe.'' He bit his lip.

''Here, I'll even leave you the number to make you feel better, but I promise you won't need it.'' 

''Be safe little sis.'' He kissed my forehead. ''I have an audition for JYP today, but call me as soon as you meet those guys, arasso?''

''Nae, fighting!'' I held up two thumbs. 

I rode my bike to where the seller, and I agreed to meet. I'm not that naive, I made sure it was a public place. It was kind of a long ride though, hopefully I could stick my bike in the trunk on my way back. When I finally got there I called Chansung like I said I would.

''Psht. He tells me to call, and doesn't even pick up.'' I decided to leave a message saying I was fine. 

''Oppa, you told me to call so why didn't you answer? Anyways I got here okay so I hope your audition is going-

''Oh, are you Hwang Jaemi?'' The man I spoke to on the phone pulled up in the car. 

''Oppa, he's here. When I buy the car Jinyoung, you and I can go for ice cream, nae? Annyeong'' I hung up the phone, and greeted him.

''Annyeonghaseyo.  Hwang Jaemi-imnida.'' I bowed politely. Just by the look on this guy's face I knew he wasn't going to be of harm. His smile took up half of his face, and his eyes almost always dissapeared. He was just so honest looking.

''Annyeonghaseyo. I'm Onew,'' He bowed. 

''I fell in love with this car when I saw it in the ad. And it's right in my budget.'' I ran up to it, and examined every aspect of it. 

''Oh, geurae?''

''May I ask why you're selling it?'' 

''Well, the girl who used to own it passed away. That's kind of why it's so cheap.''

''That's sad to hear. I'm sorry.''

''Oh, don't be she wasn't my girlfriend or anything.'' He waved off. When I walked up to the front I noticed someone sitting in the back.

''Does it come with a cute little boy too?'' 

''Ani, that's my friend Taemin. He's not really a people person.''

''Oh, I see...'' He was sitting in the back hugging his knees. It looked like he had been crying but I wasn't too sure. ''Does this car have scentimental value to him?'' I kind of felt bad buying it if it did.

''Anniyo, don't pay any attention to him, trust me.''

''Well, the car looks great on the outside. Now we just have to see how it runs.''

''How about we go for a little ride?'' His smile was so inviting I didn't have one worried thought.

''Sounds good to me.''

A/N: Omo! I'm finally getting into the plot! What do you think so far? Please comment, and subscribe, and thanks to bunnyxwarrior for the amazing poster!! <3