She Doesn't Love You

Stay Alive

I couldn't be in the same house as Minho knowing what he was going to do to Jaemi. It made me sick. Literally. As soon as I walked out into the windy beach air I threw up everything I ate for breakfast, and lunch.

''Hyung, gwaenchanha?'' I heard a familiar deep voice behind me. I turned to see Daehyun carrying a grocery bag. 

''Ne.'' I wasn't in the mood to talk to him. He was still a teen, and raved about hot girls, and video games all the time. Him, and Taemin would get along if Taemin wasn't so scared to talk to anyone. Minho ruined that for him.

''You don't look too good. I think I see a buscuit in there.'' He laughed pointing at the slop of vomit in the sand.

''I'm fine now. Just go back to whatever you were doing.'' I started walking at a steady pace toward the grocery store. 

''But hyung, why are the three of you here so early? Don't you normally come to Minho hyung's house later in the summer?'' He ran to catch up, and decided to walk along with me.

''Daehyun, I don't feel like answering questions right now.'' I sighed.

''It's just that...you know Haeundae beach is normally packed with beautiful woman later in the summer. What's the point of coming now?"

''Daehyun! Not now!'' I snapped. ''If you're gonna follow me, just please keep quiet.'' 

For the rest of the walk to the grocery store Daehyun remained silent. Every now, and then he would take in a breath to say something, but would quickly shut his mouth. I didn't mean to be so rude earlier, but I couldn't tell him the real reason I felt so sick. My heart tugged again. Just the thought of Jaemi screaming for help made me want to puke all over again. This was all my fault. If something fatal happened to Jaemi I would never be able to live with myself. I brought her to Minho even though I knew how wrong it was. I just wanted my old friend back, but was that worth risking someone elses life?

''Hyung!'' Daehyun interrupted my thoughts, but for a good cause. I was about to walk into the street as a car passed by. ''Hyung, something is really bothering you isn't it?''

Something terrible was bothering me. Someone was in danger becasue of me. ''Ne, I think...I need to go back. Thanks for the cookies.'' I grabbed Daehyun's bag, and ran back to the house.

''Onew! Hyung?!'' Daehyun called after me in confusion. Thinking about Jaemi being tortured was no good. I couldn't just feel sorry for her. I needed to help her.

When I reached our beach house I entered through the kitchen door to unexpected silence. Was I too late? I raced upstairs to my room. Taemin would be able to answer my questions. Just as I was about to turn the knob Minho threw his door open. I couldn't stand looking at him. Once I spotted Jaemi's lifeless body covered in sweat, and what looked like chunks of vomit in her hair I dropped my bag.

''...I'll get a towel.'' I ran downstairs in panic. I tried to calm myself. She's not dead. She's not dead

''Please hurry, this stinks.'' He said placing her on the sofa.

''What did you do to her?'' A big part of me really didn't want to know, but somehow I forced myself to ask.

''Are you coming with that towel?'' He ignored my question. I grabbed a cloth, and held it under the sink for a few seconds before handing it to him.

''I'm sorry Jaerim.'' He whispered as he wiped away the throw up in her hair. If he loved this girl he had a very strange way of showing it.

''You can't keep doing this...we have to bring her back.'' I found myself spitting that out before thinking it through.

''Bring her back?! I've been waiting to get her back, and now you're saying I should let her go again?!''

''Would you rather her die in your bed again, or let her live her own life?!?'' The old Jaerim died in her sleep one night. She was in his arms, and when he woke up she was gone. Well she was still physically there, but inside she was gone. No one knows the real reason, but we can all assume Minho's abuse was a big factor.

''How dare you bring that up?!'' Instead of the usual powerful anger that seeped out of him, I saw all the pain mixed with fustration in his normally charasmatic eyes.

''It's the truth! You're in no condition to love someone! You don't understand the real meaning. Just because you feel a strong way towards a person doesn't mean you can do everything in your power to keep them. If you truly loved Jaerim you would've let her go before! Now you have this girl that doesn't even love you!''

''Shut up! I can't take it!'' He covered his ears.

''No! This girl doesn't love you! All you're doing is abusing her, and for what?! Do you really think you can just lock her up forever, and treat her like a slave?!? She's a human being with rights! Rights that you have no power to control!!!''

''Stop talking!!!'' He punched me right on the chin. I fell onto the floor. Minho's never put his hands on me before. I thought he respected me more than that, but I guess I was wrong.

''I'm sorry...'' He looked at the floor. ''I'm sorry...'' He grabbed Jaemi from the sofa, and carried her upstairs. I remained on the floor for a bit just taking in what happened. He was seriously going crazy. More than before. 

I went upstairs after a while, and found Taemin in our closet hugging his knees, crying. 

''Taemin-ah! Waegeurae?'' I bent down to comfort the shaking kid. 

''S-she was screaming my name...he told me not to come out no matter what, but...she kept calling my name...I think it's my fault.'' He wouldn't stop shivering, and his sobs were silent.

''It's not your fault Taemin.'' I the back of his neck, and pulled him into a hug. ''It's not your fault.''

''Hyung...why do I feel like it is? Was that really salt...did I give her something bad?'' Poor Taemin truly thought he gave her medicine to feel better, but had no idea what kind of medicine it was.

''Yes, it was salt Taemin. You didn't do anything wrong.'' I finally pulled him out of the closet, and onto the bed.

''Is she okay?'' He bit his lip to keep from crying anymore.

''Ne. I just saw her taking a nap on the couch.'' I lied for Taemin's sake. Honestly, I didn't know whether or not Jaemi would ever be fine again.