Ruining The Family Name

Stay Alive

''Jinyoung-ah! How've you been?'' My father smiled heartily. 

''Very good abeonim have you been well?'' Jinyoung shook his hand. My father gave his full approval of Jinyoung.

''Eomma, where's oppa?'' My brother was supposed to join us for a family dinner. 

''He's upstairs.'' She answered while setting the table. ''Go get him.''

''Nae!'' I threw my bag on the couch and ran upstairs. ''Oppa, Jinyoung is here for dinner.'' I tentively knocked on the door. It swung open on it's own. ''Chansung?'' He wasn't in his room. The door to his bathroom was wide open maybe he was trying to pop out, and scare me.

''Oppa, enough jokes-'' His body was sprawled on the floor. ''Oppa?!'' I knelt down over him to listen for a heart beat. ''Chansung wake up!'' I shook him. My vision was blurred with the tears that were falling onto his shirt. ''Chansung-ah!'' 

''That's one for me!'' His eyes shot open, and his babo smile spread across his face.

''Nae?'' If this was a joke, he was about to be dead for real.

''Saranghae Jaemi.'' He jumped to his feet. ''That's one more point for me.'' Ever since we were little we've had a contest on who could scare the other. Our imaginary score board was usually in my favor but this prank took the cake. 

''Yah! That wasn't funny!'' I wiped the tears off my face. 

''Come on, you can take a joke. Your name is Jaemi isn't it?'' (jaemi in Korean also means fun)

''Fine, you won this time, but no more death jokes arasso?'' 

''Nae.'' I saw some guilt on his face.

''Kaja, eomma made dumplings.''

''Out of my way!'' He raced out of his room within the blink of an eye.

~~~~~~~

''So, what do you two plan on doing once you start traveling?'' My dad asked Jinyoung yet another question over dinner.

''Well, we just want to explore different places. Like Jaemi says she wants to visit Haeundae beach.''

''Haeundae? That's all the way in Busan.'' My mom gasped.

''Eomma, we said we want to travel the country. Of course we're going to Busan. Look, I found a really cheap car for sale. It doesn't have much milage either.'' 

''Which car dealer ship?'' Chansung grabbed the ad.

''It's a private seller.''

''It's a scam.'' He tossed it on the floor.

''Yah! I need that!'' I put it back in my bag.

''Jaemi, you can't trust private sellers. Most of them are bad people.'' My dad sighed.

''Jaemi, tell me honestly. Is this some adventure to find...you know...I won't be mad if it is honey.'' I probably told her twenty times, but I guess that wasn't enough.

''Nae! I hate living here so much I want to find my real parents so I can get as far away from all of you.'' I said with a mouth full of dumplings.

''Hwang Jaemi! How could you talk to our parents that way!'' Chansung flicked my head.

''Aish! Well isn't that what they want to hear? She keeps asking the same question.''

''Still...that hurt her feelings.'' Chansung huffed.

''Mianhae eomma. I'm just tired of answering the same question. No! I'm not looking for anyone!''

''Eomeonim, this food is very delicious.'' Jinyoung tried to lighten the mood.

''Thank you Jinyoung-''

''Jaemi! How do you expect us to act when we hear our daughter isn't going to attend college?!'' Jinyoung didn't distract my dad from his anger. ''It's embarassing enough your brother dropped out to become a singer! Now our daughter is going to travel. Then what?! What do you plan on doing with the rest of your life?!''

''Yah, abeoji...I'm not an embarassment. It takes a lot of guts to becoma an idol...'' Chansung pouted.

''Abeoji! What's the point of going to college now, if I don't even know what to study?''

''You must be trying to ruin the family name!!'' He threw his chopsticks on the table, and stormed off.

''I think I should go...'' Jinyoung must've felt so awkward.

''Ani! You stay! Eomma, can't you talk to him?'' I held onto Jinyoung's hand.

''I'll try, but you know how he gets.'' She sighed. 

''This didn't go how I planned.'' My head fell onto Jinyoung's shoulder. I'll show my parents. I'll become successful so they can be proud of me.

A/N: Yay! Another chapter! The next one is going to be in Minho's perspective so remember that or you'll be utterly confused. Plz subscribe and comment <3