My Boyfriend And I

Stay Alive

"Eomma, I'm leaving."

"Ok, don't forget to bring back milk!" She called from the kitchen.

"Nae." I was on my way to work at the daycare center. It wasn't really a glamorous job, but the ahjussi that hired me was pretty nice, and it payed well. It didn't bother me that I took care of kids for a living when all my friends were either in college or marrying rich doctors. I decided to take a year off and figure out what I wanted. What did bother me was the fact that I still rode my bike everywhere. As soon as I saved up enough to buy a car my boyfriend and I were going to travel all around the country. Jinyoung and I had been going strong ever since high school.

"I'm here!" The kids were playing noisily as my partner sat behind the desk and played his video game. "Yah! Gongchan, don't you see what these kids are doing?"

"Oh, aren't they playing with dolls?" He didn't even look up from his hand held.

"Yeah because when we were little I always handed you the black scissors so you could be Ken!"

"Oh! Mianhae noona." He flashed me his innocent smile, and I couldn't be mad.

"Aish, I feel like I'm babysitting you too." I ruffled the brown mess on his head.

"Sonsaengnim!! Taesung pooped his pants!!" A little girl pinched her nose, and they all laughed.

"Gongchan...."

"Ani. Ani. Ani. Chortae andwae!"

"How can you make me do this?! He's a boy!"

"Noona, I will puke all over this place if I change him."

"Aish! How can you even work at a daycare center if you're so weak." I mumbled under my breath.

~~~~

"So when do you plan on leaving?" All the kids left for the day. Gongchan, and I were waiting for ahjussi to come back and close down.

"As soon as I find a car in my budget Jinyoung, and I are out here." Just thinking about us being on the road together wasn't enough for me. I wanted a car as soon as possible.

"Hyung is probably really excited too."

"Of course I am." Just then Jinyoung walked through the door wearing his bright smile. "Jaemi, are you done for the day?" He took a seat on top of the counter.

"Nae, Gongchan when ahjussi comes back tell him I had to leave." I grabbed my bag.

"Nae. Goodnight noona. Night hyung." He was already glued to his video game.

"How's your parents?" We walked the streets together hand in hand. This was our daily routine. He picked me up after work, and we went across the street to the coffee shop to talk about our future.

"They're good. I think they're worried about me though."

"Wae?"

"Well, they think this trip is to find my real parents, but I'm not looking for them." Yes, I'm adopted. I was taken in right after birth, and it didn't bother me at all. I've had a wonderful life with loving parents, and a fun older brother. I've never had any desire to find my real parents because I was always happy.

"Well have you ever wondered about them?" Jinyoung slid his hand across the table, and played with my fingers.

"Obviously I thought about it before, but I don't need other parents. I'm not mad that they didn't keep me. I'm just..."

"Fine with it?" He finished my sentence.

"Exactly." A smile spread across my face. One thing that made us perfect for each other was our understanding of one another.

"Wah, I can't wait to see that smile every time I wake up in the morning."

"You won't have to wait long. I think I found a good seller." I reached in my bag, and pulled out the Sunday paper. "Look at this car. They're selling it for 2500. It doesn't have much miles either."

"Jaemi, I don't trust these ads. Who in their right mind would sell a car so cheap if it's as perfect as you say?"

"There are a lot of honest people in this world. You can't assume everyone has a hidden agenda."

"You can't assume they don't either." I thought about this car a lot. It looked perfect, and I even had the sellers number. All I needed was Jinyoung to be okay with it, but he wasn't.

"I just really want to leave already." All through high school I've tried different sports, I danced, I sang, I joined the band. Nothing stuck to me. Jinyoung loves to sing, and he is so talented at writing songs, but nobody wants to give him a chance. This road trip could benefit us both.

"I understand babe. I'm just as anxious as you are, but everything will fall into place trust me." He leaned over the table, and kissed my forehead. "Okay?"

"Nae...but I'm still bringing it up at dinner tomorrow."

"Aigoo, when are you going to start listening to me?" He ruffled my hair. I pulled his hand down, and held on tight.

"When you stop telling me what to do." I smiled.

A/N: Yay! First chapter has beed completed! I hope you didn't find it boring....most of my stories get going around the third chapter so please anticipate it! Thanks for reading, and please subscribe.