Day 07

A Perfect Day For A Love Declaration
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

07 ∞  where you realize what’s true

 

CHANGMIN - - -

“You called me and told me you found him, oppa… is that true?”

It was early in the morning when I met up with Yuri to talk. She was sitting quietly on our table when I arrived and that striked me as odd. Usually when we met publicly like this, she was always surrounded with men (waiters, busboys, even other customers) talking to them. Today though was different.

The look on Yuri’s face was hopeful, sad and a little scared. It surprised me to see her this way. She looked up at me, her eyes searching as she asked again, “Did you really find him?”

I nodded. “Yeah. He was pretty hard to look for but I managed somehow.”

She looked thoughtful for a moment, thinking it over. “So, how has he been?”

“Well, after finishing his residency at the Tokyo Metropolitan Hiroo Hospital, he moved back here to Seoul and started working as a resident for the Seoul National University Hospital. I don’t know anything else since you only asked for his location.”

“I see…”

I studied Yuri for a moment, feeling a wave of – a protective brother feeling come over me. I reached over to give her hand a gentle pat. She looked up and smiled apologetically, still lost in her thoughts.

“Oppa… could you accompany me to go see him? I know I annoy you and that going with me would be a burden, but…” she looked scared, I felt bad. “I just need to see – I need to know something.”

I sighed. “I know I don’t treat you all that well, Yuri. But I meant what I said when I told you I thought of you as a sister,” I nodded, “so yes, I’ll go with you. It won’t be a burden.”

Yuri smiled, this time a little brighter than the last and heaved a relieved sigh. “Thanks, oppa.” She clasped her hands together. “And in return, I’ll help you.”

My brows furrowed. “What?”

“I’ll help you get Yoona back!”

I frowned. “There wasn’t anything between us to begin with, so how could I have her back?”

She shook her head (as if something I said was silly to her). “Oh oppa, you really don’t have to try so hard to hide it. You loved her in your own sick and demented way all these years and never stopped. I’m willing to bet she has too. So let’s just fix it, shall we?”

I rolled my eyes at her annoyed but couldn’t help feeling a bit of hope. I cleared my throat, shifting (nervously – good gosh, I was nervous) in my seat. “Somehow I regret helping you. But I’ll let you do this, Yuri. How do you plan to fix it?”

The way her grin curved around her face had me feel a sliver of regret and anticipation. What in the world have I gotten myself into?

Yuri raised her eyebrow, letting her chin rest on top of her hands. “You’ll see.”

 

 

/Last night – /

/Don’t. Just – how are you?/

/You’re really not in the right moment to ask me how I am, Changmin. Not after last night./

/Where would you like to start then? Do you want to talk about it?/

/Yes! I mean, no not really… but we should./

/Then which is it?/

/Changmin. Don’t be difficult./

/I don’t want to be, Yoona. I really don’t – not for you./

/I meant what I said…/

/… Do you really? Because I told you I won’t have any of it./

/Why not? I don’t understand./

/Yoona… You’re even slower than I thought./

 

 

YOONA - - -

Maybe this wasn’t a very good idea, I thought when I saw Kibum sitting comfortably inside the café we agreed to meet when I introduced him to Donghae. He was looking at his watch impatiently, and was talking on the phone. The way his brow furrowed and the way he sighed exasperatedly gave me an idea of who he was talking to.

No one else made Kibum frustrated the way Yeonhee and Changmin made him when he didn’t like what they told him. And since Yeonhee told me about her beautiful date with Kibum the night before, it couldn’t possibly be her on his phone.

I sighed, touching my lips carefully. The memories of last night came flooding back in my mind’s eye, and my heart felt light while being squeezed. I don’t know how it led to a kiss but… I touched my lips again.

Unconsciously, I clasped Donghae’s arm closer to me with my other hand and sighed. Donghae looked over at me and raised an eyebrow. He nudged me, pointing at Kibum with his index finger.

“Is that your best friend?”

I snapped out of my reverie and nodded.

“Then we should probably head inside, right? You said you wanted me to meet him.”

I nodded again, feeling guilt at my focusing on an event I shouldn’t even be thinking about now and sighed. I tried to smile (although I’m sure it came out forced.)

“I do want you to meet him. It’s just that – well, maybe I’m nervous…”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter