Day 12

A Perfect Day For A Love Declaration
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I want to embrace you tightly,

Yet you are not mine…

TAXI by TOHOSHINKI

 

 

12 ∞ where everything has a beginning

 

YOONA - - -

“How was meeting the parents like last night?” Sooyoung asked, startling me inside my office by walking behind and poking me with her index finger. I jumped a little bit, throwing a dirty look at her and composed myself. She was looking at me like she knew something I didn’t.

“It was fine, but what is it you’re not telling me?” I asked her, raising an eyebrow. She grinned, shrugging her shoulder as she casually walked around my office with her hands behind her back. “Did you need anything, Sooyoung?”

“Nope. I just wanted to say hi.”

I huffed. “Right. Well then, hello – I’m pretty busy right now, so I won’t be much fun to talk to.”

Sooyoung grinned, nodding her head. She tilted her head to the side and peeked at what I was working on. With a crinkle on her nose, she asked me, “What are you working on right now anyway?”

I stopped, looking down at my daily planner and the pile of wedding magazines on top of my desk and sighed. “Well, Mrs. Kwon asked me to help plan Yuri’s bachelorette party,” I said softly, half hoping Sooyoung didn’t hear or else she’d have my head.

Unfortunately she did, and now her eyes were widened in shock. She quickly stepped towards me and I was almost afraid she’d hit me with a shovel if she had one. I smiled sheepishly at her as she shook her head at me in disbelief.

“So let me get this straight – you’re catering at the wedding of the man you love to another girl who’s become one of our friends and now you’re also planning her bachelorette party?” She put her hands on my desk. “Have you gone out of your mind? You’re practically giving him away!”

“Mrs. Kwon is a client! I can’t say no to a client,” I argued, going back to my planning. “And who’s giving away who?! We didn’t belong to each other in the first place.”

“Oh don’t give me that look, Sooyoung. It’s done, finite; it’s all in the past. I’ve gotten over it so why won’t you?”

She smirked at me. “Then why are you shaking?” she asked, looking closely at me. I glanced at my hands – watching them tremble slightly. I swallowed as Sooyoung let out a sigh of annoyance. “Aren’t you tired of this game? I’m not even really involved and I’m sick of it.”

“I thought you never liked him for me,” I said plaintively, ignoring the trembles and resuming my writing. “You always said I deserved better.”

“Yeah,” she replied, “you do. But didn’t you always tell me that had a better side to him? It took a while, but now I understand what you meant.”

“Are you saying he’s better now?”

“I’m saying he’s always been better. He just has this nasty habit of keeping it like an imbecile.”

I laughed despite myself and shook my head. I thought of what she said that made sense and then thought of Donghae and my promise to him. I smiled slightly. “I have Donghae… and I really like him.”

Sooyoung shook her head. “Come here.” She stepped beside my desk and put her arms around me for a hug. “I never said that you didn’t, Yoong. I know you do but what I’m saying is–” she ruffled my hair,

“There’s a difference.”

 

 

CHANGMIN - - -

“That was real smooth…” I drawled, earning a pillow thrown at my face by Kibum inside my apartment. He had decided to sleep over after his failed attempt to get Yoona and me to talk last night and I just couldn’t say no after what I did.

“Look, if you’re not going to make things right with Yoona – then maybe you can help me propose to my girlfriend so I can get my happily ever after.” Kibum retorted, glaring at me before clearing his throat again to begin his written monologue for Yeonhee.

“How much more of a girl could you be, Kibum?” I said under my breath. He kicked me in the shin and shushed me. I tried not to laugh again when he started. He looked ridiculous but determined – I was envious of him in that aspect. He had the courage I didn’t have.

I sat back listening to him practice his speech and smiled slightly to myself. I knew the moment I met Yeonhee that she would perfect for Kibum. I don’t know what it was about her but it was there and it worked for her and Kibum to be together. Well, no matter how messed up my life is – at least I managed to not ruin their love story.

Come to think of it. I could have not ruined mine if—I laughed myself, shaking my head. It’s not su

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter