Enemies

Dancing my Heart Out

 

A/N: For this background music, I couldn’t really find a suitable song, so I just used an instrumental that I thought fit the mood. However, if you think it doesn’t fit and have another suggestion, then please do tell me! ^^ In addition, long chapter ahead!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0yKvTNAfg0&feature=related

====================

After the project was semi-finished, Luhan walked home, and Jin Ju went to take a long and refreshing sleep.

…………

The next day at school, it was very frantic. Once Jin Ju stepped from the front gates of school and onto the campus, everyone gave her lethal glares.

*What do they want? They’ve never starred at me this intensely before…* Jin Ju ignored their glares and went to her class.

She entered her class and sat down at her seat. *Wait-What is this?* She proceed to stand up, but she couldn’t. *What the…* She touched the mysterious substance that caused her to be glued down. *GLUE!*

Her eyes grew wide and she became frustrated. *Oh my gosh. How am I going to get out now??*

Jin Ju’s classmate tried to stifle a laugh, but it was let out and Jin Ju grew even more ablaze.

Soon, Luhan entered the class room and sat down next to Jin Ju. The whispers in the class grew into small conversations that were clearly heard.

“She deserves to get stuck after doing that!”

“She’ll go home with that chair and be humiliated for the rest of her life!”

Everyone reached a consensus that Jin Ju was to be degraded and looked down forever. After all, she has stolen both of the two best-looking boys within the school, or so the girls’ thought.

Luhan looked at Jin Ju’s worried face, and became worried himself. “What’s wrong? You look like something bad has happened to you.”

*That’s because it has.* However, Jin Ju would never show her weak side to anyone, but Lay. “I’m fine. I’m just thinking of how strenuous the up-coming P.E. class is going to be.”

“P.E. class? I thought you excelled in that?” Luhan was intrigued by your comment.

“I’m not an athlete and I don’t plan to be one. The next P.E. class is going to have this event that the whole school has to participate—if you don’t, you get detention. It’s stupid right? Well, the district complains that our school does not excel in athletic competitions; therefore, they put forth this worthless event. Oh! I forgot to mention this: the two groups who win gets to go on a trip, and usually the trip is fun!”

“Sounds interesting. What do you mean by groups? Isn’t it by class?”

“No. The teacher pairs you up by gender; boys group with boys and girls. One girl group wins, and one boy groups wins. Together, they go with teachers to a trip!” Jin Ju explained gleefully despite her being glued to the chair.

The teacher continued teaching the class like any other ordinary day, but Jin Ju was feeling nervous. Her sweat was practically dripping from her face gradually, and Luhan noticed this.

He scribbled some words on a piece of paper and passed it over to her. Jin Ju took the paper and read it.

Why are you sweating? It’s freezing in here! Something is wrong isn’t it?

Jin Ju shook her head frantically and passed the paper back to him.

Lay, who was sitting behind the deer boy and the glues girl, was eyeing them suspiciously. *What are the two talking about? I always see them passing notes to each other…* He felt this emotion get to him, but he ignored it and thought of it as a feeling of “protecting you”.

……….

The class ended promptly and everyone rushed out of the class to lunch. Everyone except for Jin Ju, Lay, and Luhan.

“Jin Ju, want to get lunch together?” Lay walked over and asked.

*Shoot. I’m stuck in my chair though…* “Um…Sorry oppa, I have things to do.”

“What kind of things?”

Jin Ju desperately thought for an answer. “Um…I have to finish the project with Luhan! Yes! That!”

“Oh..” Lay’s face fell immediately, in contrast Luhan’s face rose up in delight.

“What? Work with me?” Luhan asked, intrigued.

Jin Ju gave Luhan the look, and nodded to Lay. With that, Lay walked out of the door, leaving Luhan and the glued girl the only ones in the room.

“Ok. That was an excuse. We are not working on the project right now. For now, help me find a way to get me off this chair.” Jin Ju swiftly told the situation to Luhan.

“Just stand up. Simple.” Luhan stood up easily, demonstrating to Jin Ju.

“The thing is…I’m glued to my chair. Those girls that were giggling back there? Yea, they were the ones who glued me. I didn’t see the glue because it was transparent.” Jin Ju looked down in depression.

“Wow. What did you do to force them to do this uncivilized thing?” Luhan asked while smirking.

“Just help me will you?!” Jin Ju struggled in her seat.

“Alright. Alright. Calm down. I’ll go get some hot water. Wait here.”

“Well I have no choice.” Jin Ju pointed to the glue.

Luhan gave her a smile, took his empty water bottle and ran to the boy’s restroom.

He came back soon with hot water filled in his bottle. “You might feel a slight burn on your…, but just bear with it, alright?”

Jin Ju nodded, prepared for the pain. Luhan twisted opened the bottle and poured the water gradually on the chair. The water slid around Jin Ju’s rear, and she felt a burning sensation.

“Ah! It’s hot!!” She screamed.

“Surprisingly, it’s kind of melting, just wait for a while and it will. I’ll keep pouring the water.” Luhan felt a little disturbed by this. He was apparently facing the rear of Jin Ju, and was pouring water on her . *No Luhan, do not think that way! That is rude and barbarous!*

Luhan finished pouring the hot water and sat down besides her. “What did you do to get stuck to the chair anyways?”

Jin Ju thought of many possibilities, but did not know the correct answer. “I don’t know…I just sat down and found glue underneath my seat. I’m most sure it was the girls’ that were giggling.” Jin Ju tried moving around in her seat. “I can move! A little bit. I think if I keep squirming I can get out soon.”

“Why did you ask me to help you, and not Mr. Unicorn?” Luhan asked, curious.

“It would be an embarrassing situation. Plus, I don’t want to bother him. And for the umpteenth time, his name is Lay!” Jin Ju said angrily.

“Alright. Lay. And you don’t mind showing your embarrassing side to me?” Luhan smirked.

“Wipe that smirk off your face, or I’ll glue your mouth and shut it close!” Jin Ju threatened. “I don’t show my embarrassing side to you; you will always be more embarrassing than me.” Jin Ju once squirmed in her seat and she came off, but some hard glue particles were stuck onto her pants.

Luhan burst out laughing. He had to keep on holding his abdomen to cease the pain from spreading greater. “Your is all white now!”

“Aish. Forget you. I’m going to the office to ask if they have an extra pair of pants I can wear.

………

Minutes later, Jin Ju walked back into the classroom with her new pants. She walked to her seat to sit down, but remembered the glue, and switched it with a new chair.

The mischievous girls’ who had done this wrong doing was in awe. *How did she get out?!* *We added extra glue though!*

Jin Ju let out a sneer, turned her head towards them, and stuck out her tongue. *Merong. That’s right! Be in admiration of what I did!*

The rest of the school day continued on, and ended soon.

Jin Ju, as usual, walked over to the dance academy with Lay. However, this time, there was a new guest: Luhan. He had suggested he walked both Lay and Jin Ju over to the dance academy also because he wanted to tell Jin Ju something, and ask Lay for a favor.

The three soon arrived and entered the dance room.

“Jin Ju, do you have that paper for the dance competition?” Luhan asked, sitting on the bench next to Lay.

“It’s on the wall over there.” Jin Ju nodded towards her left and walked away to dance.

“Lay, I have a dance group that also wants to join, can you teach us moves that are very superior?” Luhan asked with a glint of hope in his eyes.

“Um…Sure. Just come every day after school with your group, and I’ll teach you in another dance room.

Luhan nodded.

“Did I just hear wrong?! You joining the competition?! That means you are going to compete against us.” Jin Ju overheard their conversation.

“I’m joining because I want to win.” Luhan stated as a matter of fact.

“Well then, bring it on, enemy.” Chaerin stopped dancing also and walked over to Luhan. “I’m Chaerin, the leader of 2NE1.” She stuck her hand out awaiting a hand shake.

Luhan stood up and shook her hand attentively. “Luhan of E-M. Bring it on.”

Chaerin and Luhan had a mini starring contest, but it soon ending with the two laughing.

*Why am I always caught up with him?!* Jin Ju grabbed her hair in an annoyed way.