Surprise!

Dancing my Heart Out

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf5gTnZGtJ0

==========

The next day, Jin Ju woke up extra early. She knew Lay was going to wait for her again, and she did not want to be an inconvenience for Lay. She took extra care of her beauty today; she applied some mascara onto her thin eyelashes and curled them; she also straightened her hair beautifully.

She boiled some water and took out an instant package of ramen noodles. She dumped the noodles into the water and watched it boil. It was still very early, and nothing was happening.

Jin Ju ate her ramen and exited her rooftop apartment and ran down the stairs. To her astonishment, there waiting next to a black motorcycle was Lay.

“Lay!” Jin Ju waved and ran over to him.

Lay gave his signature smile, with his dimples, and handed her a helmet. “You are early today. Are you feeling well?” Lay reached out to touch Jin Ju’s forehead to , but she smack it away playfully.

“Let’s go…oppa.” Jin Ju quickly adjusted her helmet and looked away.

*She called me oppa. It’s so rare she calls me that.* Lay started the engine of the bike and zoomed off to school.

…………..

In front of the school, there was a huge swarm surrounding someone. Lay parked his bike, locked it, put away the helmets safely, and walked to the classroom with Jin Ju.

The pupils that were crowding the popular person were now shifting towards Lay and Jin Ju. Lay noticed the movement and moved Jin Ju over to the other side to shield her.

“Ya! Wait up!”

Jin Ju and Lay turned their heads to the person who spoke informally to them. The owner of the voice was the person who was being surrounding—Luhan.

Everyone was surrounding him because of his beautiful baby-face. There wasn’t anyone else who was this handsome in this school, except Lay. However, everyone knew that Lay was friends with Jin Ju, and would never have a chance with him. Now that some other attractive guy came to this school, everyone was happy—even the staffs.

“Us?” Lay questioned.

“Yes. Who else would I be talking to?” Luhan replied. “You there—the girl, show me around this school would you?”

Jin Ju’s eyes widened at Luhan. *Wait…Isn’t he my new neighbor?* She stared at him for a while, before Lay nudged her shoulder.

“Do you know him, Jin Ju?” Lay asked.

“Ah~So your name is Jin Ju…It’s a fair name.” Luhan smiled warmly.

The crowd let out a depressing groan. *Jin Ju knows him too?* *She’s so lucky!* *What is her secret?!*

“I’m busy. Tell one of the girls here to show you around.” Jin Ju pointed to the swarming crowd of girls before walking off with Lay.

*She walked off on me! I’ll get her later.*

………

The class settled down and the teacher walked in.

“All right, I will be assigning a project that you guys must finish by the end of the month. I’m giving you a month, which is a long period of time; therefore, you must finish it! No exceptions! I’ll assign the partner of whom you will be working with.” The teacher announced.

Everyone let out a dispirited groan, but obliged to the teacher’s task. The teacher started pairing up random people and forced to sit together. Jin Ju didn’t care about this because the teacher always paired her up with Lay; it was like they were destined to be. Suddenly, the teacher said something unexpected.

“Jin Ju, did you hear me? I said you will be pairing up with the new transfer student, Luhan. Help him out and show him around the school also.”

Jin Ju gave the teacher a look, and then stared at Luhan. “Me work with him? Why?! I thought you would pair me up with Lay!” Jin Ju said angrily.

“He’s new and you know Chinese fluently—he’s from China—so I wanted him to feel comfortable in this school. No exceptions remember!”

Jin Ju blew a raspberry and gathered her things before moving over next to Luhan. He gave an unknowingly smirk.

“Lay, you will pair up with Min Yun.” The teacher proclaimed.

Jin Ju grew even angrier. *What?! Min Yun?! Of all the people in the classroom, he had to be paired up with Min Yun?! Stupid teacher!* Jin Ju closed her eyes and lightly slammed her head down onto her crossed arms.

Min Yun let out a smirk and scooted closer to Lay.

“I will give let your partner and you randomly select your topic for this project.” The teacher took out a jar filled with folded papers and started to walk in front of each group.

The teacher came over to Luhan and Jin Ju. Jin Ju started to reach inside the jar, but Luhan stopped her and reached in instead. *What the heck?! How can he be even more irritating than he already is?!*

Luhan chose a random paper and brought it out of the jar. It read China.

“You guys will do research about the history of China. Do a fifteen page research paper, along with a display board of the significant events that occurred.” The teacher explained.

Luhan and Jin Ju nodded.

“So when are we going to work on this?” Luhan asked. “I’m available today after school until 5pm.”

“I’m busy the whole day. Can’t one of us just come over to the other’s house and work on it after 6pm today? I’m busy until then.” Jin Ju soullessly replied.

“Alright then, want to look in the library for some books about China then?”

“Fine, let’s go ask the teacher.”

Luhan and Jin Ju stood up and walked over to the teacher. After asking for permission, the teacher permitted them to walk to the library.

Lay, who was watching the two converse the whole time, pinched his eyebrows together. *Where are they going?*

“Lay oppa~” Min Yun cooed.

“Yes?” Lay asked, not moving his eyes away from the door.

*Hmph! He still cares about that worthless girl!*

“Can I come over to your apartment to work on the project?” Min Yun bashed her eyelashes.

Lay finally diverted his attention away from the door. “I’m busy today until 5pm. Can you come after that time?”

“Of course! If it’s for our project, then yes!” Min Yun cheerfully said. “I don’t know where you live though, oppa…”

“Let’s meet at Angel Café at 6:30pm then.”

“Alright oppa!” Min Yun smiled and smirked.