Detention With Him

Dancing my Heart Out

 

 

 

A/N: Please note that this is my first time putting background music along with my story; therefore, please don’t be so critical that the background music does not fit the feeling of the chapter. Thanks for reading! ^^ Also, I won't be able to update on (Thurdays), Fridays, Saturdays, (and Sundays). (The days in parentheses are not definite, but the ones not in parenthese are definite. I have this meeting at my school that goes from 8am-4pm; therefore, I will be gone for most of the whole day. If I'm not gone for the whole day, I'm usually studying or working my off from all the excessive homework received from the meeting. T_T Enjoy ready! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbhHQ-pDDd4

============

The next day was similar to any other days. Jin Ju woke up and prepared for school, and Lay was her transportation to school. Once they arrived to school, Luhan was leaning on the front gates, waiting for Jin Ju. There were also girls beside him, squealing like they’ve seen a famous celebrity.

Luhan greeted Jin Ju happily and walked over. “Hey.”

“Hey.” Jin Ju said and walked passed him with Lay.

Luhan raced after her and grabbed her wrist. “Don’t ignore people; don’t you know it’s not proper?”

“Aish. What do you want from me?!” Jin Ju furiously said.

“Work with me on the project. I’m your partner, not that unicorn-looking guy.” Luhan looked at Lay suspiciously. “Is he your boyfriend or something?”

Jin Ju blushed at the mention of ‘boyfriend’. “N-No. No way. Let’s go work on the project. Bye Lay!” Jin Ju waved goodbye to Lay and walked to the library with Luhan.

Luhan and Jin Ju entered the dead-silent library. They each found a computer next to each other.

“I’ll search up the major historical events that occurred in China, and you’ll search up the information about China’s famous people. Alright?” Jin Ju asked.

“Ok.” Luhan gave her a smile, but was given a frown in return. “I always see you with that unicorn. Who is he?”

Jin Ju gave a lengthy sigh. “First, his name is Lay, not unicorn. Second, he is my dancing sunbae, and my mentor. Third, we were friends since childhood; therefore, we are very close.” Jin Ju said in one breath.

Luhan gave a knowing nod and continued to research significant historical people of China.

……….

Time passed by quickly and the first bell rang.

Luhan and Jin Ju were still in the library.

“The first bell rang; shouldn’t you guys be getting to class?” The librarian asked.

Luhan nodded and stood up to wake up Jin Ju, but stopped for a moment. *She’s sleeping. Should I still wake her up?...I’ve never seen her sleep before.* Luhan’s face kept getting closer and closer towards Jin Ju’s sleeping face.

At that precise moment, Jin Ju’s eyes opened gradually. She saw a blurry face very close to her face. “Ah!” She screamed loudly. Luhan stood up and looked away.

“Shh!” The librarian shushed loudly.

Jin Ju gave a bow, and turned her attention to Luhan. She looked him up and down before storming out the library with her belongings. Luhan soon followed her back to the classroom.

………

“You guys are late!!” The teacher proclaimed.

Jin Ju diverted her gaze away from the teacher’s eyes, and rubbed her hands on the back of her neck. Luhan, however, just stood there; acting like being late was no big deal.

“Detention after school for thirty minutes!” The teacher told them and resumed teaching the class.

As Jin Ju walked to her seat with Luhan, an anonymous girl stuck out her leg towards Jin Ju, and caused her to trip. Lay saw this and was about to reach out to catch the falling Jin Ju, but Luhan was a step ahead of him.

*What the…He caught Jin Ju…Oh wells, as long as Jin Ju is fine, I won’t be aroused.*

“Um…Thanks.” Jin Ju gathered her books that dropped on the floor and sat down at her seat. Luhan sat next to her.

The class continued on for what seemed like eternity.

…….

School ended quickly and students ran out of the dull classroom. Everyone, except for Luhan and Jin Ju.

“No talking, except if you want to ask me something. Now, detention will start, and you may leave in thirty minutes.” The teacher announced.

Jin Ju gave Luhan a deadly glare. *I hate him for this! Now I can’t go practice with my members!! I hope Lay tells them what happened.*

Luhan passed a note to Jin Ju, but she ignored him. He continued to nudge her arm, but she ignored him nevertheless. Finally, she gave up and grabbed the paper.

Your sleeping face was hilarious. You were drooling too.

*What the…When did I sleep?* Jin Ju tried to recover the memories and realized that it was when she saw Luhan’s face so close to hers. She blushed at that memory and looked the other way.

Luhan smirked secretly and continue to stare at Jin Ju. *Clueless girl.*

……….

Detention ended promptly and Jin Ju ran off to the dance academy, leaving Luhan to walk back home alone.

Jin Ju burst through the doors of the dance room to meet three very angry girls.

“YOU ARE LATE!” Chaerin screamed.

Jin Ju shrieked at the sound of her high pitched voice. “I’m sorry! This new kid, Luhan, didn’t wake me up at the library and I received detention…” Jin Ju tried to explain explicitly, but Chaerin didn’t want any excuses.

“You should have never slept in the first place! How careless are you! We barely have any time to perfect our moves, and here you are sleeping away?!” Chaerin furiously shouted at the top of her lungs.

“Unnie! Jin Ju knows, so please stop yelling at her. Please?” Minzy ran over to Jin Ju and gave her a warm hug.

Chaerin noticed her rising voice, and looked down in shame. “I’m sorry Jin Ju, it’s just that this is a once in a life time chance, and I want to make sure we win first place. You understand me, correct?” Chaerin walked over to apologize to Jin Ju.

“Of course I understand unnie. I really despise that two-faced guy! When he first moved in next to me, he was so sweet and thoughtful, but now he is just an arrogant devil!” Jin Ju spouted angrily.

“He goes to the same school as you, and lives next to you? Are you sure he isn’t a stalker of yours?” Dara asked.

Everyone looked at her in bafflement.  “Really unnie?” Minzy questioned.

“What? I’m just curious…”

“No, he isn’t my stalker unnie.” Jin Ju let out a little laugh. “He’s my new neighbor, and he also attends the same school as me. He’s very annoying and arrogant.”

“Cheer up! We are here for you. Now, back to dancing, shall we?” Chaerin asked.

Everyone nodded and stood up. They danced for a long time until it was time to go home.