Chapter 6

Taking Back What I Said

I haven’t forgotten what happened that day but when we talk and hang out, everything is normal. Although, like I mentioned earlier, we are both so busy that we don’t hang out much anymore.

You know how you don’t realize how precious anything is until it’s gone? I feel like that happened with Hyukkie and I. Ever since high school started and I haven’t seen him much, I really do miss him a lot more.

Every time he talks to me, I get really excited but it always ends in disappointment when he has to leave after a few minutes to do something else.

There is only a week left of school and I’m happy but at the same time super stressed. The end of the school year mean that it’s almost summer, but it also means that a lot of projects are due and finals testing is almost here.

To top it all off, school isn’t the only thing that is stressing me out. Recently I’m a little worried about my relationship status. I know I’m not super popular but even the really nerdy kids have boyfriends and girlfriends sometimes. I haven’t had a boyfriend since my 3rd year in middle school. (This was before Hyukkie confessed to me).

It has been two years since I last had a boyfriend. Ever since I realized that, I have only been thinking about that too and it only added to the amount of stress I already had.

When I think about relationships now-a-days, I can’t help but think of Hyukkie and his confession two years ago. What would it be like if I accepted him? Would we still be going out? Would I really learn to like him in that way? What do I feel for him now?

Lately I’m thinking that I have also developed a little crush on my best friend. But what if I’m deceiving myself? Maybe I am telling myself I like him because I know he already likes me... or liked. Does he even still like me?

All these questions flow through my head but I don’t know how to get any answers. The best way I could think of was to either
tell Hyukkie or see if he even still likes me.

The problem with that is whenever I talk to him lately, there are always other people. How am I supposed to get him away from everyone else?

Another problem I have is that we are both so busy so how am I supposed to even find time for the two of us to talk? If I wait until summer we both might still be busy.

Every summer Hyukkie goes to the United States and I always go to Japan so I don’t know how much I can see him. Now, two years after the incident, Hyukkie kept his promise. We are still best friends and I honestly believe that not a single person could tell that Hyukkie and I had gone through such an ordeal. Although the year right after the incident there were many awkward moments, we eventually got over it and are still good friends.



-------------------

The school year ended quickly and I never got a chance to talk with Hyukkie. Someone must have been looking after me in heaven though because the perfect opportunity came towards the end of summer.

Our favorite pop groups would be holding a concert in our hometown and both of us would be home!

I managed to get us both tickets and even though he was a little apprehensive, I was able to convince him in the end. I understand why he wasn’t too keen on going since we both still have summer homework to finish but I told him that we needed to have one last big event of the summer and that was enough to convince him.

--------------------------

A/N: Sorry for the later update today. Being Father's Day I had to do some nice stuff for my dad right? ^-^ I hope everyone else had a good father's day too