Chapter 4

Taking Back What I Said

I’m sitting here waiting for Hyukkie to answer. I am so anxious. By the way he reacted, it seems like I struck the nail on the head.

After what seemed like forever he finally answered, “Yeah Hae, I like her.”

Oh my God! I knew it. I totally knew it. My instincts have not failed me again.

“But only as a friend,” he added with that gummy and teasing smile of his.

I was about to strangle him! Here I am thinking that I finally got it right, only to find out that Hyukkie is just messing with my head.

Why can’t he just tell me who the girl is instead of having me sit here naming off every girl in the gymnasium? Now I am getting frustrated and annoyed. If Hyukkie really doesn’t want me to know that badly then fine! I don’t care anymore.

With a pout I walked away from Hyukkie and made my way to an empty bleacher so I could sulk. Just as I was about to take out my iPod, I felt someone sit down next to me. I have a feeling I know who it is but at this point I don’t care because all I want is to be alone.

Even though I am ignoring the person next to me, that didn’t stop them from trying to get my attention. I know I am acting like a brat but I’m so disappointed that Hyukkie doesn’t trust me enough to tell me who he likes.

I finally turn to see who the person was that won’t stop bugging me, only to see Hyukkie staring back at me with his big puppy-dog eyes. But I wasn’t about to fall for that again as I quickly turned away again.

“Oh come on Hae. Can’t we be mature and talk about this?” he suggested. And honestly, I considered it but I am still mad at him so I don’t want to listen to him.

“I am not talking to you right now Lee Hyukjae!” I said trying to sound as strong in my command as I could. Hyukkie knows that I only use his real name when I am really mad.

“Really? I just want to talk to you,” he repeated.

“I’m serious Hyukjae!”

“And so am I Donghae!”

Aish. Now he is getting mad at me too. Being best friends sometimes really takes its toll. I can see us developing the same habits. Hyukkie never calls me by my real name unless he means business too.

For now all I can do is sit back and comply. I’m not really all that mad at Hyukkie anyways. I think disappointed is a more appropriate adjective.

As Hyukkie saw that I am willing to talk he began the conversation that I would never forget for the rest of my life.

---------------------------

A/N: yay~ thanks to all my subscribers and even those silent readers :) I hope you are all enjoying the story